Coronavirus | Page 306 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebel News isn't exactly a reputable, trusted news source.

slightly more reliable than mean girls, slightly less reliable than fox news

Reliable or not, they caught Patrick Brown with his mask around his ankles.

Maybe. Or maybe they're not telling the whole story. This is the problem with fringe "news" sources. Even when they are telling the truth, you don't know whether to believe them, because of how much they have been out to lunch in the past. (I am no fan of Patrick Brown, by the way.)

Regardless of any spin, Brown and his thug (pretty intimidating "assistant") were inside a public building sans masks and should be charged. It's obvious from the footage it was a pick-up game. Why is the ice in and only one 'team' (which happens to include the guy who can order the ice to be put in) allowed to "practice" on it? It's cronyism, plain and simple.

I'm not sure if it's Brown who's a complete sleaze ball or if it's because he decided to run for Mayor of B-Town?

Since 1991 any Mayor of Brampton has not exactly been a pillar of the community. Peter Robertson was almost brought up on criminal charges, as he left political life. Susan Fennnell was close to being tared & feathered for her inappropriate behaviours, Linda Jeffery created a completely confrontational council and then, presto change-o Patrick Brown comes from being a died in the wool Barrie boy to Mayor of Brampton almost over night. Say what?

Politics is a dirty business ?

You think closing the school for deep-cleaning Monday and Tuesday is going to solve the underlying problem?

Is anyone paying attention down there ... ? ? ?

they dont care
Chris rock said it best, they worship money down there

@regder which is exactly what teachers are saying and why we're scared to go back...can you imagine 30 kindergarten kids practicing social distancing?...or 30 grade 7 & 8 kids keeping a mask on for 6.5 hours?...or a school of 1,000 kids with 1 custodian?
I have a teacher friend who is very worried about this.
She told me so right after she told me about her family trip to Niagara last weekend and the family birthday party she went to and the restaurant she visited and the pool she went to and.....

My family, with the exception of me, has basically been at home since March break.
I see the toll it is taking on them.
The kids will go back to school.

I do think, however, that they should keep the high school kids doing online learning and then send the grade 6,7 & 8s to the high schools.
Less kids in each class cohort.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sweden appears to be doing fairly well. Are they fudging the numbers, or listening to science?
I looked at some data from here, but to me it makes things look worse than they actually are because of the logarithmic scale:
Covid-19 in Sweden - charts and statistics

Sweden appears to be doing fairly well. Are they fudging the numbers, or listening to science?
I looked at some data from here, but to me it makes things look worse than they actually are because of the logarithmic scale:
Covid-19 in Sweden - charts and statistics

They do appear to be through the worst of it.

One thing that has been common to all countries is that the number of deaths relative to the number of infections drops off with time. I can think of a number of mechanisms that could support this pattern: (1) The more vulnerable people in society get hit earliest and suffer the worst outcomes, (2) As people get sick around them, and other people actually start seeing the real world consequences, those other people start taking protective measures more seriously, (3) People in reality only have contact with a limited number of people and at a certain point, that group of people has either gotten sick or they haven't and won't because they're not in contact with people who are.

From here Coronavirus Update (Live): 20,022,265 Cases and 733,971 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Sort countries by deaths-per-million-people by clicking on the column heading.

San Marino is an exception because it is a city-state (total population under 34,000) surrounded by a part of Italy that was hard-hit. I also don't know what their population is like ... if it's biased towards elderly, that could explain the high death rate.

Belgium is something of an exception because early on, they are known to have been over-counting deaths in long-term-care homes, and now it seems that there's no practical way to go back and fix it.

All other countries have been levelling off somewhere between 600 and 700 deaths per million people, including Sweden's lack-of-lockdown situation. Whether this is because there are similarities in how people act and the outcome of the protective measures that have been taken in those particular countries ... isn't known yet.

The USA right now is at 500 deaths per million people and it's increasing at a rate of about 3 to 4 per million people per day. They've probably already got enough cases baked in for the next month ... another 100 deaths per million, bringing it into the same range as several European countries that were hard-hit earlier (Spain, Italy). It will be interesting to see what happens after that. On a country-wide basis, does the death rate naturally level off between 600 - 700 deaths per million people for whatever reason that we don't know? Looks like the USA will be the test for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom