Coronavirus | Page 251 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here booked flight tickets?
Here is a risk-assesment on the probability of getting the COVID-19 virus.

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

Percentages are subjective in many ways. 1-2% chance of infection. Would you get on a plane if there was a 1-2% chance of it crashing? Boeing is betting you would.

Percentages are subjective in many ways. 1-2% chance of infection. Would you get on a plane if there was a 1-2% chance of it crashing? Boeing is betting you would.

The problem is that most people that fly often can likely think of times when they have gotten a cold or worse from a flight. I know I have. Add this into the mix and some may not want to take the risk even though it’s small.

Agreed, but sometimes there is no alternative to getting into the metal tube/incubator and this is when the percentages help to quantify the risk.

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

Universal Studios theme park is opening up soon in the US.
How would that be possible?? Nevermind just thinking out load

Also I wonder if water parks would be somewhat safe, you basically are getting a full body wash.

Outdoor activities seem to be mostly okay within reason, as long as people aren't directly sneezing or coughing. We're a long way from having filled indoor stadiums at hockey or basketball games.

[Q1.5
Outdoor activities seem to be mostly okay within reason, as long as people aren't directly sneezing or coughing. We're a long way from having filled indoor stadiums at hockey or basketball games.
The queuing lines were already hundreds of feet long. If they maintain distancing, you will need 1000+ feet of line per ride. On most rides, they might as well run them at full capacity as a sneeze by a person in the first car coats all of the other riders. I don't know about the feasibility of wearing masks on a ride. Basically theme parks are going to have to completely ignore transmission and just go for immediate economics and hope for the best.

[Q1.5

The queuing lines were already hundreds of feet long. If they maintain distancing, you will need 1000+ feet of line per ride. On most rides, they might as well run them at full capacity as a sneeze by a person in the first car coats all of the other riders. I don't know about the feasibility of wearing masks on a ride. Basically theme parks are going to have to completely ignore transmission and just go for immediate economics and hope for the best.
Possible solution would be to run at 30-50% capacity. Typical attendance is 50k/day...slash it down to a max of 15-25k/day and shut the doors after that. Rides are now every second row, restaurants 50% capacity, etc etc. Doable. But does the park make money at that stage?

Possible solution would be to run at 30-50% capacity. Typical attendance is 50k/day...slash it down to a max of 15-25k/day and shut the doors after that. Rides are now every second row, restaurants 50% capacity, etc etc. Doable. But does the park make money at that stage?
Separation of 6' on the ride is just dumb. It does nothing. 6' is based on still air. You are just pretending at that point so you might as well just fill the thing.

The people who get sick from it, won't get sick until a couple weeks later, after they've left and gone home (and after they've paid their money) ...

Just saw a picture of riders gathered at the Forks. Not as many as at the park in TO, but just as stupid. Morons, all of them.

[Q1.5

Well if they let that happen, let the suing begin, you know how the states like to prosecute someone else for their mistakes.

Sent from the Moon!

It's the invasive species mutation, Corona Infectus Homo Gregarious. They gather in flocks that move about very infrequently, not really all that difficult to avoid. Just keep riding.

Most of these are condo dwellers from downtown TO right? Young, generally employed in the city, generally intelligent.....bought the condos to be at Center mass of social central fully aware they had no gardens etc. Nobody forced them to live in boxes downtown. You couldn’t pay me to live in a condo shoulder to shoulder with my neighbours breathing their cooking smells, dope habit, and listening to their music etc.
Been there.
Done that.
Burned the tee shirt.

I hate yard work, but love having a yard. I'll do the work.
Having space for my kid to run around has been one of the only things saving us during this time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Except when you get the conspiracy theorists who still insist this is all fake and then go and cough and sneeze everwhere when they're actually Cov+.

Went to Costco today. They've stopped limiting the number of people in the store (so no lineups anymore) but they "strongly advise" customers wear a mask - they were even selling them for $1 each at the door. Guy in front of me asks "do I have to?", employee answers "We strongly recommend it", he mutters under his breath and walks away. Proceeds to cough 30 feet inside the building. I went way wide around him. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, re theme parks, pretty sure that the season is a loss for Canada's Wonderland any any other theme parks on this side of the border - it'd be impossible to make them workable especially when you throw a few thousand Covidiots (Cough, Trinity Bellwoods) in the mix.

Except when you get the conspiracy theorists who still insist this is all fake and then go and cough and sneeze everwhere when they're actually Cov+.

Went to Costco today. They've stopped limiting the number of people in the store (so no lineups anymore) but they "strongly advise" customers wear a mask - they were even selling them for $1 each at the door. Guy in front of me asks "do I have to?", employee answers "We strongly recommend it", he mutters under his breath and walks away. Proceeds to cough 30 feet inside the building. I went way wide around him. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, re theme parks, pretty sure that the season is a loss for Canada's Wonderland any any other theme parks on this side of the border - it'd be impossible to make them workable especially when you throw a few thousand Covidiots (Cough, Trinity Bellwoods) in the mix.
I find it kind of bizarre, that down in the U.S. all the covidiots are supposed to be knuckle dragging, cousin marrying, alt-right, Trump supporters, and up here they're Liberal supporters.

I find it kind of bizarre, that down in the U.S. all the covidiots are supposed to be knuckle dragging, cousin marrying, alt-right, Trump supporters, and up here they're Liberal supporters.

The world stopped making sense a few years ago. Covid19 has just put the senselessness on fast forward.

We're at Monty Python right now headed for Benny Hill.

It's the 'us v them' mentality. It's easier to make fun of 'them' when they're different than 'us'. We never see our own faults...and let's remember that the general population thinks that the US is nothing but a bunch of redneck hillbillies. May be true in some sense...but very different from reality.

I'm also quite sure that the covidiots are a pretty small number on both sides of the border...but when you yell the loudest...you get heard.

How did you get to that conclusion?

Reactions: J_F
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom