Coronavirus | Page 249 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it was all on that one guy who went out to fetch a toy motorcycle. Then, others did likewise. Hope, you're happy with it.

Suicide rate is up. I wonder if they will count them as Coronavirus deaths. In some ways it makes sense, in others, not.

It's easy for someone with lots of open space to critique those who are squeezed in together.
I can't imagine living on the 20+ floor of a one bedroom apartment.
Some of these people need fresh air and sunshine, every once in a while.
An empty parking lot with a bike and two people about 10m apart versus a few thousand idiots in a park with less than 2m apart and no masks.
Nice try.

Problem: Family A goes and spreads their blanket 6 feet from family B. The place gets crowded and dumbass C parks his but in the space. Why should and B be punished? Should they have left?

Next step is fencing the parks and doing the one out, one in body count. Add that to JT's budget.
I would say, you obviously aren't responsible for what other people do. But look, if there's 10k people in the park and you`re still hanging out the responsibility becomes somewhat shared. You`re an adult, use the thing between your ears and decide that maybe this isn't the safest place to be for your family.

So yeah, if you`re still there and five-oh rolls up and starts telling you to leave or you catch a fine, i'm good with it.

Last edited:
They should have stayed the **** at home. All of them.

One of the things that was never foreseen in the GTA lifestyle is the outcome from the lack of personal outdoor space. Some units in high rise communities never see the sun. An outing means a trip down a narrow poorly vented hall to a crammed elevator then onto a streetcar or subway. Then something like this comes along.

What may look like a single family dwelling is actually a three or four story apartment conversion.

People live in apartments above stores and there is no backyard just a service lane way.

I cringed at the thought of the people quarantined on the cruise ships and these ones aren't much better off.

There is a fight in our neighbourhood over some zoning changes to allow more highrise development and the city has basically told us to look at negotiating moderation because city growth can only come by going vertical. And the beat goes on.

We make choices that have long term consequences decades later in life. People choose careers, home styles, locations, entertainment, diets, activities, spouses, education levels etc.

Thirty or forty years later the scene changes but it's too late for the individual to change. Who wants a type 2 diabetic overweight unemployed fork truck driver with a grade ten education whose electronic skills are limited to clicking a TV remote. The SO isn't any better. Yeah it's tough when your choices eventually go against you.

However savour the memories. For years you lived in a quaint and interesting area with quaint and interesting shops and quaint boutique restaurants. Also quaint is that the area tends to be inhabited by anti-establishment types but the real estate is controlled by the establishment.

You chose your government representatives. PC, L, NDP, G or ??? and believed that the magic beans they sold you would last forever. Trust me. I'm from the government. I'll give you anything you want for free.

If anything good comes out of this Covid mess it would be the realization that nothing is free and we've taken too much for granted. We have totally failed in reality education. Rights without mention of responsibility.

The park issue can be handle by chicken manure, fences or individual permits with a bar code on a cell phone. Getting the Ken and Barbies out of denial is the big problem.

Nah, it was all on that one guy who went out to fetch a toy motorcycle. Then, others did likewise. Hope, you're happy with it.

Suicide rate is up. I wonder if they will count them as Coronavirus deaths. In some ways it makes sense, in others, not.

It's easy for someone with lots of open space to critique those who are squeezed in together.
I can't imagine living on the 20+ floor of a one bedroom apartment.
Some of these people need fresh air and sunshine, every once in a while.

Most of these are condo dwellers from downtown TO right? Young, generally employed in the city, generally intelligent.....bought the condos to be at Center mass of social central fully aware they had no gardens etc. Nobody forced them to live in boxes downtown. You couldn’t pay me to live in a condo shoulder to shoulder with my neighbours breathing their cooking smells, dope habit, and listening to their music etc.

Holy ****, apparently 10000 people were there...this could be a catalyst that makes things much worse...also:

"Police Chief Mark Saunders said police received many complaints from residents in the neighbourhood who reported people in the park urinating and defecating in their laneways and backyards."

"When you've got an elderly woman opening the door and seeing someone defecating, it is quite bothersome," Saunders told reporters on Sunday. "So we issued a number of tickets for that type of public disorder."

?

Last edited:
The only saving grace - maybe, hopefully - is that outdoor situations haven't been the prevalent superspreader events. But "hope" isn't something to be relied upon. Ontario case numbers have been trending in the wrong direction lately, and crap like this is what will send us back into lockdown again.

Police should have identified as many as possible. Anyone working in health care should get a two week quarantine.

they were ******** and pissing in large groups while giving each other blowjobs in the middle of a pandemic...**** tickets they need some tear gas.

they were ******** and pissing in large groups while giving each other blowjobs in the middle of a pandemic...**** tickets they need some tear gas.
Quote from saunders:
"When you don't see the threat, you are less likely to understand the impact you are having. If it were scorpions, they'd be nobody here at the park," he said. "I'm just hoping that people understand this is about saving lives."
I like the scorpions idea. The world needs less dumb.

"Brad Ross, a spokesperson with the City of Toronto, said officers will try to focus more on education than dolling out tickets."

As far as education vs tickets. F that. If you aren't educated by this point, you need a four figure stick to help teach you.

This is gold. Pics of (purportedly) Tory at TB on saturday with his mask pulled down and standing within 6' of multiple people. wtf. Can the leaders pull their heads of their ***** and actually do what they are asking everybody else to do?

display

GB86jSJ.jpg

Someone made a good analogy for masks. It's like trying to block a mosquito with a chain link fence.
But don't worry, the magic six feet rule will save you just like the three second one does.

I figure it's all young Liberal voters in the park, so they must know best.

btw I do have cloth masks, and I do wear them when I enter stores.

The other end of the spectrum are the people who have hoarded enough N95 masks, gloves, and sanitizer, go out shopping once a month, and leave the waste mask/gloves in the parking lots.

There are ten human trials for a vaccine underway now, according to my broker.

odd that they aren't jumping at the revenue
I doubt there will be any revenue. On the backside of this the court system will be a complete cluster with a huge backlog of important cases. My suspicion is the overwhelming majority of these covid tickets will just be wiped out in one shot. Unless you were a huge ass and tried to make a mockery of the system, I doubt they will bother taking any to trial.

I doubt there will be any revenue. On the backside of this the court system will be a complete cluster with a huge backlog of important cases. My suspicion is the overwhelming majority of these covid tickets will just be wiped out in one shot. Unless you were a huge ass and tried to make a mockery of the system, I doubt they will bother taking any to trial.
quite possibly, at the worst then issuing the tickets makes a statement. i watched a bit of the interview with the chief. He did quite the dance around why people cant take their kids to parks but people can just hangout and drink beer in public.

A Charter challenge will probably deal with the tickets if it comes to that.

Some violators are being especially defiant, hoping to get beat up, and cash in.

An old guy in Guelph is going to sue a Longos grocery store because they won't let him in without a mask. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom