Coronavirus | Page 136 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving the press conference, almost everyone on dougies team touched the door in the exact same spot (including CE).

No way I would ever buy weed online. Probably never get into the US again.
Oops....been there done that. Both from the Ontario store, and then a different dispensary. Guess I'm on the list now...?

Oops....been there done that. Both from the Ontario store, and then a different dispensary. Guess I'm on the list now...?
Dunno, beyond my scope of direct knowledge. All depends how the US is feeling. I assume they either have the lists or can get them. They may choose no to do anything for a while as they try to get money back into the economy. Alternatively, they get a good president who decides that the purchase of legal weed in another jurisdiction at worst gets you a search at the border.

If you look at the stats, it is an old person problem. They are the ones that are getting the most infections, and ending up in the hospitals with the severest cases. If the gov't is to intervene, then put them on house arrest, they'd probably be safer that way. Not to mention, they have nothing better to do, they're retired.
Time is a great leveler. You too will be old, retired and inconsequential one day. Better hope there's no pandemic then!

I wouldn’t worry about it much. That was the talk when the OCS was opening that all the credit card companies have their servers in the U.S. and would be getting people’s names from that. I haven’t heard of it happening at all though, only people that get jammed up are the ones that offer the information.

If you don't know what you're talking about, then move on to a thread where you do.

I disagree with this.

There are many people who think like he does, but don't voice their opinions. Not everyone has thought all the issues through thoroughly, or they're only presented with one side from the media sources they read.

If we keep telling people to move on if they disagree without explaining the facts to them, then they go to another forum that skews more Fox News/Trump-ish and then they'll settle comfortably into an echo chamber where all they do is tell each other all day:

"This is just a bad flu, why the overreaction"
"Cure is worse than the disease"
"This is an old person problem. F them. I'm all for this Boomer Remover"
"Mortality rate is only 1.5%. Good odds, I'll take my chances"
"Car accidents kill more people. Should we all stay home then?"
"Don't let the govt declare Martial Law on us! Our forefathers didn't cross the Atlantic and fight a war just to get our hard-won freedoms trampled on by a stupid virus!"
"First they isolate us, then they take away our guns!"

I'm on exactly one of these boards. There's absolutely no dissenting opinion and they're all patting each other on the backs, calling the rest of the nation pussies and scaredy-cats, while their country burns all around them. They're all tough guys and "ain't nobody gonna tell them what to do", especially the Fake News and the Deep State.

Also, this thread is 136> pages long. It's obvious there are newcomers to this conversation that haven't read every single post. I think it's very important to keep having the same discussion, the same talking points, over and over again, until the information has been widely disseminated.

Thing about freedom of speech is that we need to fight bad speech with good speech. If you can't adequately defend your opinions, then they're not worth holding onto.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see the pie chart/graph of the death rate in the US over party lines.

I'm curious to see the pie chart/graph of the death rate in the US over party lines.

I honestly don't think it's a party issue. It's got more to do with population density than anything.

New York is primarily a blue state, but also the most densely packed. It's been hit the hardest.

I joked with someone me about wanting to be on a 45 foot yacht in the middle of a lake. Now a friend in Quinte has informed me they are closing boat ramps and marinas don't meet the distancing formula so they won't open either. Getting the boat launched could be a problem.

The same friend said seasonal trailer parks will have the same problems. A new problem for the son of an elderly lady my wife knows. He snowbirds in Florida (Still there) and summers in a trailer on the Trent Canal. Staying with a 90 year old mother isn't a good idea unless he wants his inheritance early.

I saw a seemingly good price on a 35 footer and in a daydream wondered about the possibilities. The price may have dropped again. The double whammy of paying to keep something you can't use and the bar at the club is closed.

I joked with someone me about wanting to be on a 45 foot yacht in the middle of a lake. Now a friend in Quinte has informed me they are closing boat ramps and marinas don't meet the distancing formula so they won't open either. Getting the boat launched could be a problem.

The same friend said seasonal trailer parks will have the same problems. A new problem for the son of an elderly lady my wife knows. He snowbirds in Florida (Still there) and summers in a trailer on the Trent Canal. Staying with a 90 year old mother isn't a good idea unless he wants his inheritance early.

I saw a seemingly good price on a 35 footer and in a daydream wondered about the possibilities. The price may have dropped again. The double whammy of paying to keep something you can't use and the bar at the club is closed.

I've heard the 2 best days for boat/airplane owners are the day they buy it and the day they sell it

Seasonal trailer parks have been ordered closed.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom