Coronavirus | Page 134 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 been going downhill since kobe died

So maybe a bit of good news….

Have a friend whose father caught it. He’s a WW2 vet and the family thought that was the end. Anyway, he was involved in the Hydroxychloroquine trial and after 5 days he was ready to go home from ICU into self-isolation.

Granted, it’s a sample size of one which statistically means nothing but I’m really happy for the family

Last edited:
Are they able to disobey the order? Or is this something that must be followed and we're left to find another source of supply?
You probably can't outright disobey, but you sure as hell can wiggle. You don't ship masks you ship parts. You ship equipment to another country that can make masks. 3M isn't allowed to ship masks so they subcontract with TIAD and TIAD produces and ships masks to another country etc.

Theoretically speaking.....IF I have COVID-19 and I have very mild symptoms as right now, is there any way I could volunteer to help with blood / plasma or whatever else to donate for research?

I don't think I have it, but the mind wanders and maybe I do but with mild symptoms (dry cough).

Have a friend whose father caught it. He’s a WW2 vet and the family thought that was the end. Anyway, he was involved in the Hydroxychloroquine trial and after 5 days he was ready to go home from ICU into self-isolation.

Granted, it’s a sample size of one which means statistically means nothing but I’m really happy for the family
Great news. It's nice to have some positives in this thread.

Granted, it’s a sample size of one which means statistically means nothing but I’m really happy for the family

Glad for your friend's father.

I'm happy to see lots of different approaches to tackling this virus.

There's treatment of symptoms (like hydrodroxychloroquine), there's development of 15-minute testing, and also promising work being done in finding a vaccine. Hoping the combination of all this research will bear fruit and we can all get on with our lives again.

There's treatment of symptoms (like hydrodroxychloroquine), there's development of 15-minute testing, and also promising work being done in finding a vaccine. Hoping the combination of all this research will bear fruit and we can all get on with our lives again.
Humanities greatest achievements are typically from overcoming tragedies, wars, or major world calamities. This is why I have hope that this will come to an end sooner rather than later. Humans can achieve great things when our energy and focus is directed at a common threat.

Humanities greatest achievements are typically from overcoming tragedies, wars, or major world calamities. This is why I have hope that this will come to an end sooner rather than later. Humans can achieve great things when our energy and focus is directed at a common threat.

F those aliens if they ever decide to invade Earth!

Overturned or came up with a different answer? Severance required by ESA is different that severance required by common-law. Depending on the wording of your contract, it could be a rude shock. In this particular example, common law vastly exceeds the requirements of the ESA so it is probably not the best example as you were probably looking for something where common-law undercut ESA.
I think the point in discussion isn't so much severance, it's that temporary layoffs are not necessarily constructive dismissals. Should an employee be called back within 13 weeks, take UI, or continue to receive legit company paid insurance they are not likely to be considered "terminated".

One can always test the law, all I'm saying is that I haven't seen or found a case that supports the argument that any or all temporary layoffs are constructive dismissals.

Plague blankets? Sending people into isolated communities at this time just seems idiotic.

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the Canadian Forces are being sent to northern Quebec to help communities there prepare to respond to COVID-19 outbreaks.

He says the federal government is answering a call from the Quebec government."

If you look at the stats, it is an old person problem. They are the ones that are getting the most infections, and ending up in the hospitals with the severest cases. If the gov't is to intervene, then put them on house arrest, they'd probably be safer that way. Not to mention, they have nothing better to do, they're retired. Not allowing a pb&j sandwich at school because a very small percentage of kids has an allergy to peanuts is ridiculous.
I'm 67 and in reasonably good health. My goals at my age are to be still riding a Ducati like i stole it and compete in Trials events when i hit 80.I am NOT alone. Most of the people i ride with in the dirt are my age and some older. Just sayin'.
And your comment on peanut butter is simply uneducated blither. If you don't know what you're talking about, then move on to a thread where you do. Rant off.

I think the point in discussion isn't so much severance, it's that temporary layoffs are not necessarily constructive dismissals. Should an employee be called back within 13 weeks, take UI, or continue to receive legit company paid insurance they are not likely to be considered "terminated".

One can always test the law, all I'm saying is that I haven't seen or found a case that supports the argument that any or all temporary layoffs are constructive dismissals.

I am so very confused wether a temporary layoff amounts to constructive dismissal.

From the ESA (https://www.ontario.ca/document/your-guide-employment-standards-act/termination-employment#section-3)
"If an employee is laid off for a period longer than a temporary layoff as set out above, the employer is considered to have terminated the employee’s employment. Generally, the employee will then be entitled to termination pay."

Ok, cool, less than 13 weeks equals a temporary layoff, employee is not entitled to any termination pay

Based on this legal article (Protecting your right to impose temporary layoffs - Emond Harnden)
"Despite an employer’s right to temporarily lay off an employee under the ESA, where an employment contract does not provide for the possibility of such a layoff, Ontario courts have sided with laid off employees who claim to have been constructively dismissed."

So unless your employment contract has a statement allowing for temporary layoffs, you can sue for termination pay.

Makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom