Coronavirus | Page 131 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government's role shouldn't be to control every movement of our lives. Provide accurate, unbiased information and let us use it. The country most affected by covid on a percentage basis is San Marino. A whopping 0.7% of the population has been infected. Shutting down entire countries because of a disease that almost exclusively affects a small range of population is ludicrous. If you're 65+ or have some preexisting lung condition or are immunocompromised, then you should choose to stay at home of your own volition. If you don't, well, that's Darwinism. But shutting down parks where kids play that are virtually unaffected by it makes no sense.

The government's role shouldn't be to control every movement of our lives. Provide accurate, unbiased information and let us use it. The country most affected by covid on a percentage basis is San Marino. A whopping 0.7% of the population has been infected. Shutting down entire countries because of a disease that almost exclusively affects a small range of population is ludicrous. If you're 65+ or have some preexisting lung condition or are immunocompromised, then you should choose to stay at home of your own volition. If you don't, well, that's Darwinism. But shutting down parks where kids play that are virtually unaffected by it makes no sense.
Wow.Name a few controls the government has over you that you don't like.
"Virtually unaffected" show us your data.

Obviously you don't understand at all. It's not that simple. If everybody continues on with life, the person that delivers the groceries to the people in hiding will be infected at some point. If you think it is up for the weak to save themselves, I can't help you.

So you think the court was wrong with this one?
I absolutely do. He chose to go to the bar, and he chose to buy those beers. Then, he chose to drive his car. If the staff had been serving him drinks that were stronger than what he'd asked for (for whatever reason) and tried to get him drunk, that's another story. But in this case, it was all his doing. I can't stand the lack of personal responsibility here. Every bar in history has served a drunk person, that's what they do. That's what a lot of people go to the bar for. I don't expect to go to the track and have the track organizers get speeding tickets on my behalf, or get sued because I slide off the track while doing something dumb and hurt myself.

Boggle.

Wow.Name a few controls the government has over you that you don't like.
"Virtually unaffected" show us your data.
The very first google result:

Please note, 0-9 years old.....0 fatalities WORLDWIDE

I absolutely do. He chose to go to the bar, and he chose to buy those beers. Then, he chose to drive his car. If the staff had been serving him drinks that were stronger than what he'd asked for (for whatever reason) and tried to get him drunk, that's another story. But in this case, it was all his doing. I can't stand the lack of personal responsibility here. Every bar in history has served a drunk person, that's what they do. That's what a lot of people go to the bar for. I don't expect to go to the track and have the track organizers get speeding tickets on my behalf, or get sued because I slide off the track while doing something dumb and hurt myself.
So the government should get out of the business of issuing liquor licenses?

Of course the children never pass anything on to anyone else like Gramma or Gramps.
it's all about "stay at home".

So you think the court was wrong with this one?

That's a tricky situation. When I read stories like that I think back to the high speed crash in Bala where a kid went off the road and killed a few of his passenger friends. His old man sued the bar, washing his hands of the fact that he was the one that though it was a good idea to buy his idiot 20 year old son with a two page abstract a twin turbo S4.

Long-term effects are obviously unknown. They are likely minimal but this may be polio and you have a lifetime of crap-ass lungs. Not enough time yet to know. Looking solely at fatalities is very short sighted.

Can an employee be laid off temporarily or permanently without compensation?
No, a layoff is a constructive dismissal (unless the employment contract expressly permits a layoff or the employee has been laid off in the past). Put differently, unless the employee agrees to the layoff, the employer must provide severance. Even though the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000 permits an employer to layoff an employee for up to 13 weeks without benefits and 35 weeks with benefits, the layoff is viewed as a constructive dismissal at common law.

Most biz owners probably aren't as savvy as they think they are when it comes to employment laws.
Lets see how your advice plays out. If your so sure, go find in CANLAW a ruling that shows where common law has overturned the Employment Standard Act.

Obviously you don't understand at all. It's not that simple. If everybody continues on with life, the person that delivers the groceries to the people in hiding will be infected at some point. If you think it is up for the weak to save themselves, I can't help you.
What you say is true, but, coming in contact with an infected person once a week does not guarantee that you will get infected. Coronavirus is leas transmissible than the flu. Not to mention, food can be dropped at the door in a bag, senior puts on gloves to get the bag, then toss gloves and bag. However, I'd like to know how many older people are still seeing their grandkids on the regular. Kids are more likely to be carriers because they touch everything, and the grandparent will definitely be in more contact with a grandkid for longer periods of time than a stranger dropping off groceries.

Lets see how your advice plays out. If your so sure, go find in CANLAW a ruling that shows where common law has overturned the Employment Standard Act.
Overturned or came up with a different answer? Severance required by ESA is different that severance required by common-law. Depending on the wording of your contract, it could be a rude shock. In this particular example, common law vastly exceeds the requirements of the ESA so it is probably not the best example as you were probably looking for something where common-law undercut ESA.

What you say is true, but, coming in contact with an infected person once a week does not guarantee that you will get infected. Coronavirus is leas transmissible than the flu. Not to mention, food can be dropped at the door in a bag, senior puts on gloves to get the bag, then toss gloves and bag. However, I'd like to know how many older people are still seeing their grandkids on the regular. Kids are more likely to be carriers because they touch everything, and the grandparent will definitely be in more contact with a grandkid for longer periods of time than a stranger dropping off groceries.
I can happily say that I know of no grandkids touching their grandparents right now. The grandparents are very vulnerable and it's not worth the risk.

Parents are protective of their elderly and their children.We haven't seen our grandkids in almost a month.Lots of facetime with them.:)

Long-term effects are obviously unknown. They are likely minimal but this may be polio and you have a lifetime of crap-ass lungs. Not enough time yet to know. Looking solely at fatalities is very short sighted.
Isn't fatality what we're trying to prevent? Getting a cough and sniffles is a side effect of building up an immune system. No different than lactic acid in the muscles of a person that exercises. Let's take it a step further if you're speaking of hypothetical situations. Next year a new covid-20 comes out, more lethal than this years, except to the people that built up an immunity from this years infection. Just as possible as your scenario.

Coronavirus is leas transmissible than the flu.

That is 100% wrong.

Contagiousness is measured by R-0, the number of people you are likely to infect if you have a disease. These are the numbers:

-1x-1.png

COVID-19 is twice as transmissible than the seasonal flu.

I can happily say that I know of no grandkids touching their grandparents right now. The grandparents are very vulnerable and it's not worth the risk.
Really? The number of old people...sorry...seniors I see on a daily basis with kids is astounding. Also the number walking their dogs and shooting the shot with other seniors in parks. There are a lot of people that still have to work and have nowhere to put their kids, so to nona's house they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom