Coronavirus | Page 99 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many Fox News watchers (and Trump followers) in Florida. Given the age of the population, they could be hit hard.

Just scanned a few webcams from Miami, thankfully it looks absolutely dead. Not sure how the rest of Florida is going about things.

Too many Fox News watchers (and Trump followers) in Florida.

I think even Democrats and so-called liberal elites distrust the authorities and the media, a lot more than we Canadians do.

They might have good reason to do so in normal times, but this is so clearly not a sensationalized event.

There's no way we're getting NHL playoffs this year, all because of Trump's initial reaction to the bug last month. ****er.

I think even Democrats and so-called liberal elites distrust the authorities and the media, a lot more than we Canadians do.

They might have good reason to do so in normal times, but this is so clearly not a sensationalized event.

There's no way we're getting NHL playoffs this year, all because of Trump's initial reaction to the bug last month. ****er.

Depending on Trump's latest mood, foxnews "reporting" veers from this is the end of the world to it's absolutely nothing

Trump is going to full steam ahead in getting people back to work, there's also this Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves: We "reject dictatorship models like China" on coronavirus

The right-wing middle-America conspiracy nutters on the board I'm on are starting to show cracks. They were touting West Virginia as the righteous red-state because Trump said there were 0 cases. Turns out WV didn't do any testing, that's why they were at 0. Now the nutters are starting to report rising # of cases in their home states. Most of them still think the US government is over-reacting by closing down businesses: Life, liberty, guns, free enterprise and the freedom to spread whatever germs they want to is still their number one mantra.

Will be interesting to see their tune change over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Just found this little news tidbit that is being hidden by larger problems.

EPA is basically stopping all enforcement.

The right-wing middle-America conspiracy nutters on the board I'm on are starting to show cracks. They were touting West Virginia as the righteous red-state because Trump said there were 0 cases. Turns out WV didn't do any testing, that's why they were at 0. Now the nutters are starting to report rising # of cases in their home states. Most of them still think the US government is over-reacting by closing down businesses: Life, liberty, guns, free enterprise and the freedom to spread whatever germs they want to is still their number mantra.

I belong to a sports-related forum that's 95% American and I've met several of the members in person. The thing that really concerns me is that even the like-minded people (left-of-center moderates who routinely mock Trump) are downplaying the threat. Many of them are focusing almost exclusively on the fatality rate, which gives them the impression that this is nothing more than a bad flu. Concepts like "flattening the curve" do not register with them - their response to that is "just build more hospitals".

We've made friendly bets about the return of MLB, and most Americans picked dates around June 1st (I went with April 2021.) Two guys in Florida are dead certain that life will return to normal within 30 days.

I'm completely baffled.

Last edited:
The right-wing middle-America conspiracy nutters on the board I'm on are starting to show cracks. They were touting West Virginia as the righteous red-state because Trump said there were 0 cases. Turns out WV didn't do any testing, that's why they were at 0. Now the nutters are starting to report rising # of cases in their home states. Most of them still think the US government is over-reacting by closing down businesses: Life, liberty, guns, free enterprise and the freedom to spread whatever germs they want to is still their number mantra.

They won't change their minds. It'll go to a conspiracy theory.

I belong to a sports-related forum that's 95% American and I've met several of the members in person. The thing that really concerns me is that even the like-minded people (left-of-center moderates who routinely mock Trump) are downplaying the threat. Many of them are focusing almost exclusively on the fatality rate, which gives them the impression that this is nothing more than a bad flu. Concepts like "flattening the curve" do not register with them - their response to that is "just build more hospitals".

We've made friendly bets about the return of MLB, and most Americans gave dates around June 1st (I went with April 2021.) Two guys in Florida are dead certain that life will return to normal within 30 days.

I'm completely baffled.
Maybe they should run out and buy more liquor guns and ammunition.

Maybe they should run out and buy more liquor guns and ammunition.
Funny you should say that.My buddy in SC just posted this pic on fb.
qN8YDqk.jpg

They won't change their minds. It'll go to a conspiracy theory.

Heard the other day... China created this to ruin the world economy so they can come out as the new world power...

It's hard to change your mind when you're dead.
We know how this plays out. It's often not the anti-vaxxers that end up dead (who are often quite young and healthy). It's the vulnerable and those that can't fight the sickness. That reinforces the craziness that those that did nothing to stop the spread were correct in their beliefs because they made it through. The shut-ins were the ones that died.

As expected, it's all going wrong on the Zaandam. I hope to god they managed to contain it but I highly doubt it. Covid has been confirmed in ~10% of the population on board. They are trying to transfer the "healthy" people to a second ship, but it appears they are determining healthy by symptoms not PCR. One missed diagnosis and the sister ship is also screwed. Terrible.

Motorcycle Industry/Suppliers are shutting down for 1-2 weeks for now.

Local newspaper dropped off in the driveway this morning. I kicked it to the garage. It's probably fine, but the number of people that have touched it compared to the zero value I get by reading it is sending it straight into the bin.

Local newspaper dropped off in the driveway this morning. I kicked it to the garage. It's probably fine, but the number of people that have touched it compared to the zero value I get by reading it is sending it straight into the bin.

I wiped mine down (front and back) with Lysol. Odd fact...it makes the paper turn yellow.

I wiped mine down (front and back) with Lysol. Odd fact...it makes the paper turn yellow.
The flyers are all delivered to the carrier separately from the paper, then the carrier (and often their family) assemble the bundle and deliver. Just way too many people and surfaces in the chain for me right now.

Door to door newspaper delivery, seriously
Frig!what's the holdup, by the time half the rest of the country is in quarantine I will have been in it for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom