Coronavirus | Page 100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Healthcare professional returns from out of country, goes to work next day
:unsure: would she be called an oxymoron ?

Just found this little news tidbit that is being hidden by larger problems.

EPA is basically stopping all enforcement.

It sounds bad, but not super worried. They aren't doing it on purpose, but if they had emissions targets they'd be beating them

It looks like Italy was ~17 days for 100 cases to 10,000 cases and ~20 days from 10,000 to 100,000 (they are at ~85,000 now, I am extrapolating out)

US was ~17 days for 100 to 10,000 and 8 days from 10,000 to 100,000.

Some of those reported cases will have been affected by who gets tested and when they get tested but it is not looking good for the US.

It sounds bad, but not super worried. They aren't doing it on purpose, but if they had emissions targets they'd be beating them
So if the sewer systems get backed up with the wrong things for instance,
:unsure: does that mean they are good to just flush it into the harbour?

Horse racing continues at some Florida racetracks (without spectators) and in other states.

At Gulfstream Park,

“Don’t Get Khozy” placed 3rd in Race 2

The same jockey road “First Wave” to victory in Race 4

“Your Not My President” never looked the part in Race 7...finishing way back of the leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the well wishes. Really appreciate it.
Feeling much better after a few IV doses of the antibiotics.
Doctor said my heart rate dropped from 150 down to 90.
Temp down from 39 to 36.8C
Blood pressure is at normal levels. And they just took me off oxygen to see how breathing is naturally.
They told me 1 more night minimum at the hospital so doing a lot of downloaded content watching (Jack Ryan on Prime is great).

we have food at the hospital, definitely won’t be gaining weight because of it.
Mask comes on when nurses or anyone walks in but they said I don’t have to wear it when I’m alone in the room.

thanks all.

Blood pressure is at normal levels. And they just took me off oxygen to see how breathing is naturally.
They told me 1 more night minimum at the hospital so doing a lot of downloaded content watching (Jack Ryan on Prime is great).

Mask comes on when nurses or anyone walks in but they said I don’t have to wear it when I’m alone in the room.

thanks all.
Glad to hear you are getting better. Resting heartrate of 150 doesn't sound at all fun. Even 90 sucks. No wonder patients get "tired".

Did they give you an idea on what they are doing with you? I am assuming stuck in BC until the test comes back. Hotel room for two weeks if you are positive and don't need the hospital or they have room so they are keeping you admitted for now? Two weeks starting when? How long do test results take in BC?

So if the sewer systems get backed up with the wrong things for instance,
:unsure: does that mean they are good to just flush it into the harbour?
I momentarily forgot what happens when you give companies free license to do things

thanks all.

Don't be in a hurry to get out. Corona can come back with a vengeance. Best wishes.

Trumpy is commandeering GM to make ventilators. I don't want to own one of their cars, I sure as hell would prefer they didn't make a ventilator that is keeping me alive. Bring on Toyota or Honda.

Glad to hear you are getting better. Resting heartrate of 150 doesn't sound at all fun. Even 90 sucks. No wonder patients get "tired".

Did they give you an idea on what they are doing with you? I am assuming stuck in BC until the test comes back. Hotel room for two weeks if you are positive and don't need the hospital or they have room so they are keeping you admitted for now? Two weeks starting when? How long do test results take in BC?
My doctor said at least 1 more day in the hospital. The hotel packed my stuff and doc brought it to hospital.
Company has rented an apartment for me for quarantine until I can get to work/home.
Test results originally were quoted at 7-10 days but updated to 3-4 days yesterday.

Healthcare professional returns from out of country, goes to work next day
:unsure: would she be called an oxymoron ?
They are being tested and are in demand.

Got my company letter today

"bearer of this letter works for an essential mfg business and we request they move freely to and from work, etc".

:whistle:

Trumpy is commandeering GM to make ventilators.

As someone involved in manufacturing ... I'd like to know what part of GM's existing production equipment they propose to leverage in order to manufacture a completely unrelated product. They need these ventilators NOW or maybe a week or two from now. There is no way you are going to change over production equipment in order to make a completely different product that is put together in a completely different way, so it can only be something rigged up from re-purposed bits and pieces that are already in production.

Conceptual design: A centrifugal blower of appropriate pressure rating, a couple of flapper valves to switch the outlet hose from the discharge to the inlet of the blower in an alternating pattern, a little actuator of some sort to change over the flapper valves (would have to be electric - an air cylinder would require a compressed air supply), and an electrical panel with a small power supply and PLC and contactor sets to make it all work. A potential obstacle is that I don't know how you would synchronise this with the patient's natural attempts to breathe (or if you have to do that) - if the problem is that the patient can only halfheartedly breathe, you want to work "with" and never work "against" the patient's natural attempts to breathe, and I don't know how you would do that.

Something rigged up in a hurry like this will NOT have any meaningful countermeasures against component failures. It will NOT pass FMEA. It will NOT have redundant components in the event of a failure. I am sure that there are standards which apply to medical equipment ... which I am not familiar with, but almost certainly a rigged up contraption would not be in compliance. And it means that any company proposing to build something like this, would have to be protected from liability. In the USA? Good luck with that. In Europe? No CE marking for you - no declaration of conformity - can't import it. I'm sure that under the circumstances, some way of waiving some of these requirements could be arranged ... but the manufacturer has to be protected from liability after all this is over.

Got my company letter today

"bearer of this letter works for an essential mfg business and we request they move freely to and from work, etc".

:whistle:
Yeah my sis in law got it too from her work (i work same company but i'm non-essential/head office/work from home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom