Coronavirus | Page 541 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. Did you?
Yes i did, what you’re not getting is hospital is always running to the max
Because of the under staffing problem
In flu season they open up more of the facilities to accommodate for the season

I read the article . Our healthcare system is broken . What else is new . They had one year to streamline things . To protect the people that are in danger . Instead they are locking up healthy people .

Supply chains are starting to fail. Prices of lumber , Steel and steel products will be going up drastically . Plus consumer goods will follow suit .

I think you missed some clear points that are directly related to this topic

They may not know if you haven’t made it clear to the right person. My two friends were vaccinated weeks ago in Whitby as they were primary caregivers to a family member.
Same with 2 of my friends in their 50s. Primary caregivers to an 90+ elder who lives in a home. Toronto area.

My dad got his last week (80), they refused to do mom at the same time as she’s 79. She provides primary care 24/7, I raised hell and she’s in for next week. Halton area. Within Halton they are not too organized, the hospital vac station did dad, his 2nd jab got scheduled June 15. Mom goes to another community Center for first jab Monday, second jab apr 30.

The managed to get 8million CERB cheques out in a week to 2million who really needed them and 6 million who didn’t. After a year to get planning straight, They can’t figure out how to efficiently deliver vaccinations to those who really need them.

Same with 2 of my friends in their 50s. Primary caregivers to an 90+ elder who lives in a home. Toronto area.

My dad got his last week (80), they refused to do mom at the same time as she’s 79. She provides primary care 24/7, I raised hell and she’s in for next week. Halton area. Within Halton they are not too organized, the hospital vac station did dad, his 2nd jab got scheduled June 15. Mom goes to another community Center for first jab Monday, second jab apr 30.

The managed to get 8million CERB cheques out in a week to 2million who really needed them and 6 million who didn’t. After a year to get planning straight, They can’t figure out how to efficiently deliver vaccinations to those who really need them.
This is what is amazingly ridiculous. All this time to plan, prepare, outline, come up with multiple action/recovery plans and here we are....even delays in the ******* vaccine coming in.

vaccines come here and it’s like ‘so what do we do now? Anybody got a plan?’

This should’ve have been planned, practiced and executed properly. Not the **** show that we are hearing about.

So it’s ok to add to the mayhem with coronavirus cases that require valuable equipment?

If only we could see what all the different effects from choices that various governments and authorities make around the world to see what the best way of dealing with the virus is.

Pssstt...we do know, because we can see it every single day acting out in front of our eyes. We know what choices like the Brazilians made do, we know what choices like the US made do, France, Germany, NZ etc etc.

Got my AZ lab last Thursday. No date given for when the second one will be. I can wait.
My dad booked his shots. First one in a week, 2nd one 16 weeks later. Progress. Now trying to get my mom booked as she is in a different age group.

This is what is amazingly ridiculous. All this time to plan, prepare, outline, come up with multiple action/recovery plans and here we are....even delays in the ******* vaccine coming in.

vaccines come here and it’s like ‘so what do we do now? Anybody got a plan?’

This should’ve have been planned, practiced and executed properly. Not the **** show that we are hearing about.
I often think about WWII and how they got damaged roads and bridges operational in very short order after a bombing. Now it takes longer to get a pothole fixed.

I think the answer is that they had workers back then instead of committees.

I often think about WWII and how they got damaged roads and bridges operational in very short order after a bombing. Now it takes longer to get a pothole fixed.

My day is full of meetings from (typically) 9-5.

I’d wager I could skip half of them and still get my job done properly. But need to show that in attending. Ridiculous.

meetings about meetings, pre-meetings, post-meetings....too many meetings. Told my bosses if you expect me to go to 5pm meetings on site you can forget about it. They’re starting to see people are putting up with it because no commutes. Once you need to commute, no one will attend the late meetings.

Partly that and partly people got paid to work, not just show up. Four guys in BC went vigilante and beat up a guy that had broken into all of their houses and took back their stuff. RCMP charged them all with assault. Meanwhile, RCMP takes a report on your stolen stuff and makes zero effort to investigate or recover your property. Why would they? It's dangerous and takes work and they get paid the same either way.

I’d wager I could skip half of them and still get my job done properly. But need to show that in attending. Ridiculous.

meetings about meetings, pre-meetings, post-meetings....too many meetings. Told my bosses if you expect me to go to 5pm meetings on site you can forget about it. They’re starting to see people are putting up with it because no commutes. Once you need to commute, no one will attend the late meetings.
Interesting. I wondered how that was being dealt with. Most people assume that they are away from home for ~9-10 hours for a typical 8 hour workday. With no commute, you now have additional time in your day. Should that time be solely yours, belongs to the business or gets split? There are good arguments for each approach. I like split as it helps out both parties. If it goes all one way or the other, the relationship is probably on the way out and a job switch is coming.

Interesting. I wondered how that was being dealt with. Most people assume that they are away from home for ~9-10 hours for a typical 8 hour workday. With no commute, you now have additional time in your day. Should that time be solely yours, belongs to the business or gets split? There are good arguments for each approach. I like split as it helps out both parties. If it goes all one way or the other, the relationship is probably on the way out and a job switch is coming.
I’ve actually told my managers and told them this is getting ridiculous and there’s no time to do work. They all unofficially / privately agree and state I’m good to leave meetings if not required.

We’re in a state of flux because of the contract being awarded and they’re all shocked when I’m in a meeting beyond 5:30. But you can be damn sure I don’t fire my laptop up at 8am the next day.

Mind you working from home I always have time to pop upstairs and say hello to my daughter, have a walk at lunch time, and as long as the work gets done I don’t think they care.

Another meeting that should have been an email...

I’ve actually told my managers and told them this is getting ridiculous and there’s no time to do work. They all unofficially / privately agree and state I’m good to leave meetings if not required.

We’re in a state of flux because of the contract being awarded and they’re all shocked when I’m in a meeting beyond 5:30. But you can be damn sure I don’t fire my laptop up at 8am the next day.

Mind you working from home I always have time to pop upstairs and say hello to my daughter, have a walk at lunch time, and as long as the work gets done I don’t think they care.
There have been some interesting managers in history that changed the way meetings worked. Unfortunately it didn't stick. Musk has kidded many people out of meetings as they don't need to be there and are just wasting time by attending. Many years ago, a PM on a major building construction project filled his day with meetings, but the longest meeting you could get with him was 15 minutes. At the end of every meeting you had your answer and the paperwork signed to proceed. It bred efficiency as you had to succinctly convey the problem and solution without waffling or small talk.

My work is a small portion of most meetings that I am a part of. Typically, I try to get them to put me early so I can say what I need and get out. That saves them some money. Sometimes they want me to stick around which I don't mind as I can learn a lot from others and bill them for it anyway.

Another meeting that should have been an email...
That also avoids someone needing to take minutes and then distribute, ask others to review for errors, etc. Instead of 15 minutes to compose an email, you had five hours of employee time in a meeting, a hour to prepare the minutes, 1.25 hours for participants to review the minutes, etc. So you've turned 15 minutes of "work" into 7.25 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom