Coronavirus | Page 454 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. We were encouraged to stay put. Now we are being told to do so. This means you can be stopped, questioned and fined.

Feel free to correct me, im in a meeting so haven't kept track of everything.
Most workplaces were classified as essential. That means most workplaces will continue to operate now. If you are stopped while driving anywhere that is plausibly along the path from work to home could easily be explained away.

I wish he would enforce (force) even essential workers to work from home if possible

I code 8-12 hours a day, why do I need to sit at a office? (Boss is old school)

Oh well :(
They are theoretically trying that (but I suspect it will not happen). They said they would inspect workplaces for compliance and fine if violations are found. Without a whistleblower, there is about zero percent chance you get inspected. Think how many inspector hours it would take just to go through a single downtown tower to check for compliance (plus the ones guarding the exits to catch the fleeing rats).

Most workplaces were classified as essential. That means most workplaces will continue to operate now. If you are stopped while driving anywhere that is plausibly along the path from work to home could easily be explained away.
My understanding is they want company letterheads or some proof. Might have a hard time otherwise. Especially with the wife and kids in the car. ?

Stay at home order. Essential business only.
But non essential stores can open so long as they’re within the restricted hours....who’s buying if we can’t leave the house.

I’m just using this as an example.

I didn't see a prospective length on the stay-at-home order. I don't know if they are anticipating the entire 28 days or longer or if they may cut it early. In the past, they gave deadlines and then pushed them back.

Groomers were running yesterday on the ski hills. Until now, many have been making snow in an attempt to stretch out the season in the spring but that costs them a lot of money. I wonder when they are going to start calling it and stop the bleeding to try to survive for next winter? I can't see ski hills opening for at least another month at this point.

As far a increased enforcement of stay at home, a few hours of $800 tickets on a snowmobile trail should make a wave.

Have to agree with GG - nothing significant has changed really. If I go out, all I have to say is "going to the pharmacy to pick up medication or going for groceries." He claims more enforcement and blitz on big-box stores. Let's hope this happens but we've heard the enforcement threat before and then nothing. I'll be interested to see if there's workers still showing up at the construction site across the street from my house. The houses they're building are about half finished. Haven't seen a worker with a mask on since they started. In terms of workers being out and about? Who decides if they're essential? It's on your honour I guess?

We will see the effect of these in the numbers after Jan. 20th or so I suppose.

But non essential stores can open so long as they’re within the restricted hours....who’s buying if we can’t leave the house.

I’m just using this as an example.
Dunno, ill read through it all after work

My understanding is they want company letterheads or some proof. Might have a hard time otherwise. Especially with the wife and kids in the car. ?
She came to pick me up at work and had to bring the kids as there is no school.

EDIT:
As for company letterhead, in other countries with lockdowns, employees were given blanket letters "Evoex works for **** which is essential as defined by the GoO and his work often occurs outside of typical business hours". Hell, I think my wife got one of those letters to throw in her glovebox during the last state of emergency.

I hear the new rules are you can't go anywhere to have fun
so you better really like the place you are in right now.

:unsure:

I didn't see a prospective length on the stay-at-home order. I don't know if they are anticipating the entire 28 days or longer or if they may cut it early. In the past, they gave deadlines and then pushed them back.

Groomers were running yesterday on the ski hills. Until now, many have been making snow in an attempt to stretch out the season in the spring but that costs them a lot of money. I wonder when they are going to start calling it and stop the bleeding to try to survive for next winter? I can't see ski hills opening for at least another month at this point.

As far a increased enforcement of stay at home, a few hours of $800 tickets on a snowmobile trail should make a wave.
I would think ski season is done beyond the Christmas holiday season. Isn't that where they make a good chunk of their $$. For sure, they won't be allowed to open until this state of emergency is lifted.

I would think ski season is done beyond the Christmas holiday season. Isn't that where they make a good chunk of their $$. For sure, they won't be allowed to open until this state of emergency is lifted.
The previous imposed shutdown (Dec 25 to Jan 23) was a 30% revenue hit. Mid- feb would take out what is theoretically reading week and I strongly suspect more than 50% revenue hit.

They did sell way more season passes this year than typical as part of the control was season pass holders only on some days. That gives them a healthy bank account but much of it is balanced by a future liability. Different resorts dealt with this possibility differently. Some were pro-rating next years pass against a guaranteed length of this season (so likely you pay 5-10% of face value next year), blue said if you used your pass for a single discount or run after dec 22 or so, their contract was fulfilled and they owed you nothing, if not used, you could apply to defer to next year. I'm not sure what other schemes were presented. Of course, the operator may choose to bail and abscond with the money and next years operator will likely not honor any agreement.

Last edited:
Wait so.......is this stay at home order doing anything?

I understand the government knows that morale is at an all time low and they don't want the risk of a USA right wing trash uprising like what just happened; probably plays into why a mandatory curfew wasn't what came out. But it seems like it doesn't really do anything?

EDIT: Apparently I have one dev friend who is working for a technically inept company that didn't let him work from home. Now he has ammo to fire at them (and he will.) Guess that's a good change.

EDITEDIT: But then I have a teacher friend who said they have to go into school (York Region) to teach online. Who the **** makes these rules?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, automotive manufacturing and its whole supply chain will consider themselves essential, and I'm in that process somewhere.

I just emailed everyone that has a scheduled appointment in the next month cancelling the appointment unless I get a confirmation. One of them, I already had a phone call, we're delaying it. I'm expecting that nothing else will change.

Wait so.......is this stay at home order doing anything?

I understand the government knows that morale is at an all time low and they don't want the risk of a USA right wing trash uprising like what just happened; probably plays into why a mandatory curfew wasn't what came out. But it seems like it doesn't really do anything?

EDIT: Apparently I have one dev friend who is working for a technically inept company that didn't let him work from home. Now he has ammo to fire at them (and he will.) Guess that's a good change.

EDITEDIT: But then I have a teacher friend who said they have to go into school (York Region) to teach online. Who the **** makes these rules?
Things like a single teacher in a classroom to do online learning, I am not at all concerned about. As long as the teachers avoid congregating, that is about as safe as it gets. I think in our board, teachers picked whether to work at the school or at home. Based on the parking lot, the vast majority picked at home. I think the biggest driver was lack of viable internet at home for the video link.

I am glad they avoided curfew, that would have done f all for covid while lighting a very large fire.

Douggie kept bringing up enforcement, hopefully they actually do something, not just more words. Enforcement has been a complete joke through the whole pandemic. For places like _George's work that could work from home but don't fines should be six or seven figures so the low risk of getting caught is offset by the pain if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom