Coronavirus | Page 350 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, all it takes is one dumbass like this jerk who think's this is all some big joke to (probably unknowingly) become a Typhoid Mary and those 4 weeks of complete lockdown are all for naught - doofus comes back from travel infected, doesn't adhere to the quarantine guidelines, infects 5 others in a bar somewhere, those 5 each infect 5 others (now 30 people infected), those 30 infect a few others, and away we go again.
Sure, these peoples need to be fined and jailed. Make it a 1 day sentence for all i care, but now you have a criminal record.

Enjoy!

Sure, these peoples need to be fined and jailed. Make it a 1 day sentence for all i care, but now you have a criminal record.

Enjoy!
I'd pick the other direction as a criminal record keeps them on the public purse for forever.

Hell, use it as an intelligence test. "You can have one day in jail and a criminal record or one month and no criminal record. Which path do you want to take?".

I'd pick the other direction as a criminal record keeps them on the public purse for forever.

Hell, use it as an intelligence test. "You can have one day in jail and a criminal record or one month and no criminal record. Which path do you want to take?".

Many of these hard core anti-mask people seem to be a few french fries short of a happy meal, so they would probably take the one day option with the criminal record and try to martyr themselves.

Gotta die on the hill they’ve shoveled.

Many of these hard core anti-mask people seem to be a few french fries short of a happy meal, so they would probably take the one day option with the criminal record and try to martyr themselves.

Gotta die on the hill they’ve shoveled.
unfortunately those that scream the loudest sometimes are the ones that are heard over everything else.

Of the known thirty eight million infected, there aren't enough reinfection claims to do a proper study on it.

Of the known thirty eight million infected, there aren't enough reinfection claims to do a proper study on it.
And the ones I have seen had a very mild case the first time. You do not necessarily gain immunity from a prior infection. It seems like the less it affected you the first time, the less help it provides to prevent reinfection. Basically not enough antibody dose from infection one.

It's way more deadly to Mink!
More Mink are going to die from it in one foul swoop then imaginable:
So humans suck at maintaining the 6' separation distance recommended and they are annihilating every mink within five miles of a covid outbreak? That seems strange.

I was thinking about the app the other day, I think I news article brought it to my attention. Anyhow I guess it is only as good as the info it gets and if people can't deal with masks and distance how can they use this app well...

I was thinking about the app the other day, I think I news article brought it to my attention. Anyhow I guess it is only as good as the info it gets and if people can't deal with masks and distance how can they use this app well...
There is probably also a strong correlation between those that don't wear masks, don't distance and refuse to use the app. So the most vulnerable, most likely to spread people are the least likely to be traceable. Amazing.

Edit:
On second thought, declare a national emergency and push google, apple and facebook to turn on mandatory tracking. Similar rules to now, anonymous tracking of risk but with almost 100% compliance (a very small percentage of people would choose to leave their phones at home).

Last edited:
Not having lockdowns is contingent upon people properly and sufficiently doing all of the OTHER non-lockdown public health measures. The problem is that western societies, and Americans in particular, object to even slight disruption and oversight of their daily lives.

Contact-tracing for real (after an initial very strong lockdown period to get this up and running): Everyone has an app on their smartphone. Every building has a scanner at its entrance. The app displays a QR code (essentially identifying you). You scan that when entering a building (business, restaurant, whatever). The building keeps track of who's been in and when. Your smartphone identifies you and checks in. Presumably this goes to some massive cross-checking database that identifies who has crossed paths with whom, and your phone tells you when you need to go get tested. Objections are not allowed. No smartphone? (rare, in Asia nowadays) Too bad, no entry. Don't want to run the app? Too bad, no entry. Business doesn't want to scan everyone's phone and check everyone in and out? You stay closed until you do. Don't like it? Too bad. Stay home. No choice in the matter. Complaints are not allowed.

Likewise with masking up. You do it. End of discussion. Complain all you want. Do it.

Fortunately, the citizens in these countries have a better sense of public duty than we do. Some countries in Asia never actually mandated that their citizens mask up, or were quite late in doing so ... but the people did it anyhow, pro-actively.

And for what it's worth (might as well check now) ... CovidAlert gives me a green thumbs-up. "No exposure detected."

There's not much to it. You find it in the app store, install it, answer a couple of questions, and that's it. It does whatever it does in the background. There's nothing to "use".

The only thing you could conceivably have to "use" is that if you so happen to test positive, you have to enter a code that public health gives you, and if it gives you an alarm that you should go get tested, you have to do that. Beyond that, it does whatever it does, there's normally nothing to think about.

There's not much to it. You find it in the app store, install it, answer a couple of questions, and that's it. It does whatever it does in the background. There's nothing to "use".

The only thing you could conceivably have to "use" is that if you so happen to test positive, you have to enter a code that public health gives you, and if it gives you an alarm that you should go get tested, you have to do that. Beyond that, it does whatever it does, there's normally nothing to think about.
I have the app on my phone and will be soon travelling through Quebec and into N.B. I know Quebec has this or a similar app but not sure if theirs will work in conjunction with Ontario's app? I believe if was the Federal Governments intent to have this be nation wide but not sure how many provinces currently have it and whether they are all interactive with each other.

Apparently you need to be in close (bluetooth) contact for more than a certain amount of time before it will register on the app. From what I understand it does not constantly search but does it 'every so often'. What that time frame is I cannot get a clear answer on but I am under the impression that someone coughing on you as they walk by will not register unless it happens to be at the exact time that the app is searching.

The reason I wanted to know how often it searched was my battery was draining by about 60% a workday when I had the app up and running. When I deleted it I was back to losing about 20% a workday.

I was in Home Depot today, just walked in, sanitizer at the door. They had rearranged line ups for the checkouts. There was one customer in line without a mask and talking in a foreign language. No one said anything.

There was another who had lowered his mask to his chin while talking on his phone. I don't lower my mask to talk to my wife and she doesn't have a problem hearing me.

Compliance in the USA is poor and their infection rate is far worse than ours. If they don't get the point how do we get it across to Canadians that compliance is important? If we emulate what Italy was in the spring with more dead bodies than ambulances to take them away, more people will see the reality but by then it will be too late.

Short of gestapo tactics how do we get 100% compliance? I can see the wrong kind of altercation if individuals go vigilante on non compliers.

I can't see gyms opening as there is too much huffing and puffing.

Restaurants may open but with difficulty. A bit of an exaggeration but basically a fume hood over each table and distancing. The cost will be astronomical and heating costs will soar unless an air to air heat exchanger is used, adding to the cost. Throw in preheat to all the virus in the ductwork. $$$$$$$$$$$

Social bubbles are so misunderstood. Do we need I D cards listing our bubble mates? I wonder how many people could list their bubble makes and get a passing score on distancing.

Construction seems to be getting away without many safeguards. N95 masks were designed for them and are rarely used by cement workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom