Cop rear ends motorcycle and blames the rider. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop rear ends motorcycle and blames the rider.

imo he did the smart thing. Cops have the power to **** you over in an instant. He played it cool and got no tickets.

It's not always about being right. He avoided a potentially HUGE hassle with that powertrippin policeman and can now file a complaint against him with evidence.

imo he did the smart thing. Cops have the power to **** you over in an instant. He played it cool and got no tickets.

It's not always about being right. He avoided a potentially HUGE hassle with that powertrippin policeman and can now file a complaint against him with evidence.
I couldn't agree more. Arguing on the side of the road will get you nowhere. You could end up with a bunch of tickets, you would have to go to court to fight. I'm sure you would have no trouble beating them, but it would still be a hassle.
Better to walk away and then file a complaint.
On a side note, I'm betting that cop is really embarassed by his performance on Youtube. If not, he should be!

Bad cop ...

But prior to the incident, I don't think I would have been AS close to the white line. I understand about him wanting to let the right-signalling car in, but being that far right risks trouble from behind. Doesn't change that it's 100% the cop's fault, the bike legally owns the whole lane and can legally be anywhere within that lane.

+1000000%

I believe I would have personally asked this nice officer to call his supervisor. Then went from there.

I would have asked for his badge number and did an information exchange and ridden straight over to the local cop shop.

I know where that rider can get himself a set of balls.
That ****** bag cop would see me in court.
And i would love to hear him explain his actions.

I don't know, I think playing it down was a good call. I would do just about anything at that point to get out of there with my camera intact. My biggest fear would be making a scene, and then it gets "confiscated".

"There's no file on the helmet cam, you must have forgot to press record." I don't doubt they could find a way to do the same with the dash cam. Now it's cops word vs riders word.

If you read the youtube video description, it has turned into an internal investigation.

oh NO not an internal investigation! the poor cop might be sent home with pay for a day or two, how terrible!

Yeah, it's pretty sad, but unfortunately still the best you can hope for. Hopefully the video gets a massive amount of attention and someone decides to make an example out of him.

You can just tell that rider was shook. Couldn't even talk properly. Good on him Rollin that cam. Just another reason why I have a desh cam in my car rolling at all times. Just never know.

Lmao, something happens like this in Durham, expect to be thrown off your bike and charged with something stupid lol

Lmao, something happens like this in Durham, expect to be thrown off your bike and charged with something stupid lol

Just about anywhere.. That's why the rider played it cool and then posted on youtube.

I don't know if him making a huge fuss out of this is a good or bad thing. Next thing you know, cops will start confiscating your camera for some retarded reason.

This just solidified my decision to buy a GoPro!!!! FTP!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom