Complete beginner getting Bmw s1000RR as first bike? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Complete beginner getting Bmw s1000RR as first bike?

Smart... cut your teeth on something manageable. You knew in your heart of hearts it was an unwise idea and probably didn't need anyone to talk you out of it, but glad everyone did. Don't intellectualize things too much... take an Occam's Razor approach to it. Get somewhere in between a 300cc to 500cc POS used ride, pop your cherry with a drop or two and earn your stripes like most experienced riders have done. Hope it works out!

i ended up purchasing a smaller bike, i'll be happy with this for a few years and even then, i don't think i'd feel comfortable doing the 1 litre
Glad to hear it! Another piece here is that your preferred ride will probably change over time. Sport to cruiser to touring... who knows. At 47 I couldn't handle the Ninja ZXR 6 I bought 3 years ago... too cramped.... much happier on a sport tourer. I'm definitely not 16 anymore!

i don't think i'd feel comfortable doing the 1 litre
Took me 50 years and many bikes to get into a liter bike as did not see the point and liked the lower weight of the intermediates.
Mind you it's a thrill on acceleration but then fuel mileage sucks.
Get your feet wet on something less expensive and go from there. So many good bikes out there between 3 and 5K.

Back
Top Bottom