Votes: 7 11.5%
  • He did nothing wrong

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mad Mike

Today Sportsnet fired Don Cherry.

Do you think he deserved it?

The same people calling for him to be fired are the ones who voted for our blackface wearing woman groping superwoke PM.
Cherry might have a point but he is stupid for ranting about it on TV. Ultimately you cant keep bringing your employer into disrepute, especially in this super PC nanny state we live in.

Where is the "he did nothing wrong and speaks for a huge portion of the Canadian population" choice?
The wrong he did was speaking out against any portion of the population. The media does not tolerate that.

You knew this was coming when sportsnet and mclean issued apologies but not DC. Interestingly the first articles said he was fired, the narrative is now changing to "stepping down".

I never know what to say on Rememberence Day as I feel too sorry for the men that died for the disgrace that this country, (and the world in general) has turned into. And now Don Cherry, who basically is Canada, gets fired.

The bottom line is never go to war. Never volunteer for something that is controlled by forces you cannot see. It's all BS and not worth dying for. This forest needs to burn. These poor soldiers... their spirits will be churning in their graves if they could / can see Canada now. I really hope they can.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I want to know what @Trials has to say about this

Last edited:
After thinking about it, I'm indifferent.

DC has a long history of supporting the game and an equally long history of supporting Canadian Forces. I get what he is saying, I have been offended a few times this week by comments like "I don't support war, or I don't believe in what that stands for" from people a bit too ignorant to understand what the poppy signifies. I kinda like the guy and I understand his unvarnished speak -- I just wish he had chosen to educate the ignorant rather than ridicule them.

Just watched John Tory's speech at the cenotaph. That guy is a ******* idiot.

Speaking of poppies, the first page article in today's local paper offends me.The Legion owns the poppy and anyone screwing around with it needs to be dealt with swiftly.Wearing a white poppy for instance on Nov 11th should get a kick in the crotch.Altering a poppy to suit your cause,the same.
The article really ****** me off!!!! Opinion | Luisa D’Amato: A rainbow poppy for trans Waterloo veteran
B88935670Z.1_20191110175030_000_GMHPM16K.4-0_Super_Portrait.jpg

After thinking about it, I'm indifferent.

DC has a long history of supporting the game and an equally long history of supporting Canadian Forces. I get what he is saying, I have been offended a few times this week by comments like "I don't support war, or I don't believe in what that stands for" from people a bit too ignorant to understand what the poppy signifies. I kinda like the guy and I understand his unvarnished speak -- I just wish he had chosen to educate the ignorant rather than ridicule them.
The short answer to anyones questions about this should be....ask a WW2 veteran.

Speaking of poppies, the first page article in today's local paper offends me.The Legion owns the poppy and anyone screwing around with it needs to be dealt with swiftly.Wearing a white poppy for instance on Nov 11th should get a kick in the crotch.Altering a poppy to suit your cause,the same.
The article really ****** me off!!!! Opinion | Luisa D’Amato: A rainbow poppy for trans Waterloo veteran
B88935670Z.1_20191110175030_000_GMHPM16K.4-0_Super_Portrait.jpg
This person is a disgrace as far as I am concerned. The poppy is not a fashion statement, it's a Commonwealth symbol we wear duting Remembrance to honour Canada's Fallen service personnel.

The Legion publishes a Protocol for appropriate and respectful wearing of the Poppy. Poppies are trademark protected in Canada, its ironic that the symbol used to Remember those who paid the ultimate price for the rights we enjoy today gets violated.

If the Canadian Legion decided to stylize poppies, that would be different -- but steal the likeness and make it your own... not cool.

I think he needed to go, this type of thinking is very dated, and close minded. If he wanted people to wear poppies. Use the audience/platform to encourage them, remind them of the sacrifice, instead of putting them down.

The wrong he did was speaking out against any portion of the population. The media does not tolerate that.

You knew this was coming when sportsnet and mclean issued apologies but not DC. Interestingly the first articles said he was fired, the narrative is now changing to "stepping down".

No, in the poll, I would like the he did nothing wrong choice. What you think he did wrong is your opinion. Until I have that option I can't vote.

Back
Top Bottom