• No - Don Cherry's heart in the right place, poor choice of words

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Reprimand - Misconduct worthy of suspension and apology

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • He did nothing wrong

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let us all also keep in mind, he could have set the record straight, he had the opportunity afterwards to do the grownup thing, and admit that he perhaps misspoke or to clarify/correct himself, or apologize, as his friend and co-host ron maclane did, but once again, he chose NOT to.

Let us all also keep in mind, he could have set the record straight, he had the opportunity afterwards to do the grownup thing, and admit that he perhaps misspoke or to clarify/correct himself, or apologize, as his friend and co-host ron maclane did, but once again, he chose NOT to.

No that's not true. He offered to set the record straight but SportsNet refused and fired him. Ron MacLean is a company YES man, that's how he got the job replacing Ken Hodge. He was always a coward and a backstabber.

No that's not true. He offered to set the record straight but SportsNet refused and fired him. Ron MacLean is a company YES man, that's how he got the job replacing Ken Hodge. He was always a coward and a backstabber.

please provide proof of your claim.

you're right
maybe it'll be setup that he'll get shanked

sharpened bed spring to the kidney in the shower room
fooking rat!

grapes will see to it

WARMINGTON: Grapes feeling the love from supporters

If hockey icon Don Cherry was given a second shot at making his point about too few people wearing poppies, the former Coach’s Corner star knows how he’d say it. But, Cherry said, he was not given that chance by Rogers or Sportsnet. “Rather than ‘You people who come here,’ I should have said ‘everybody,’” he said. “I told management I would go on Saturday and explain what I meant. They didn’t want to do it that way.” Instead, said Cherry, Sportsnet’s Bart Yabsley wanted a humiliating mea culpa-style apology that bowed to the notion his comments were racist. “They were not,” insisted Cherry. “I wish I had said it better, but I am not going to apologize for something I didn’t mean.” He also knows if he had read out what they wanted him to say, there would be no going back.

Cole's Notes: Cherry could have gone on air and given a Sportsnet scripted "apology", but Coach's Corner would no longer be Coach's Corner as we know it going forward.

WARMINGTON: Grapes feeling the love from supporters

If hockey icon Don Cherry was given a second shot at making his point about too few people wearing poppies, the former Coach’s Corner star knows how he’d say it. But, Cherry said, he was not given that chance by Rogers or Sportsnet. “Rather than ‘You people who come here,’ I should have said ‘everybody,’” he said. “I told management I would go on Saturday and explain what I meant. They didn’t want to do it that way.” Instead, said Cherry, Sportsnet’s Bart Yabsley wanted a humiliating mea culpa-style apology that bowed to the notion his comments were racist. “They were not,” insisted Cherry. “I wish I had said it better, but I am not going to apologize for something I didn’t mean.” He also knows if he had read out what they wanted him to say, there would be no going back.

Cole's Notes: Cherry could have gone on air and given a Sportsnet scripted "apology", but Coach's Corner would no longer be Coach's Corner as we know it going forward.

Fair enough, but this doesnt exactly paint him in a flattering light.

with hindsight
it's likely Cherry would want to call a mulligan

if it had been a one-off
even the leftiest of Canada's Progressives would have been along
but it's a decades' long problem
no bueno

other than being a small town bigot with a big mouth
I really don't see the attraction, never worked a day in his life

that seems to be enough for small brained Cons these days

with hindsight
it's likely Cherry would want to call a mulligan

if it had been a one-off
even the leftiest of Canada's Progressives would have been along
but it's a decades' long problem
no bueno

other than being a small town bigot with a big mouth
I really don't see the attraction, never worked a day in his life

that seems to be enough for small brained Cons these days

Just found a video of him from 1990 ranting about immigrants...again

He publicly backstabbed Cherry. Isn't that enough for you? And the net doesn't go back far enough to prove the fiasco at CBC with Ken Hodge, when he criticized the Corpse publicly for cancelling programming for the NDP convention. Ron was right there to take the assignment, a junior chump same as he is today. Ron takes care of Ron. Everything he did this week proves that. Now he's looking for a cowardly way to weasel out of getting blame for selling out Cherry. He can wear it, and so can Sportsnet. And their advertisers are fooling themselves if they think they won't be touched by this too.

Last edited:
do you have information to the contrary?
post it up brother

You said "never worked a day in his life." He's coached 2 NHL teams and owned a minor league team, for starters. Pretty stressful jobs, and a hell of a lot of work. You seem to be very vitriolic about someone you know very little about.

Last edited:
You said "never worked a day in his life." He's coached 2 NHL teams and owned a minor league team, for starters. Pretty stressful jobs, and a hell of a lot of work. You seem to be very vitriolic about someone you know very little about.

why assume vitriol?

after a mediocre career as a player
he tried 2 jobs, 6 months each

selling cars
and construction

former should have excelled at
it's ALL verbal
except you can't be an azzhole: this would be a problem for him

latter: running your yap, which is all that guy knows
is not a good trait in that industry

so as the old saying goes
if you can't do
teach

why assume vitriol?

after a mediocre career as a player
he tried 2 jobs, 6 months each

selling cars
and construction

former should have excelled at
it's ALL verbal
except you can't be an azzhole: this would be a problem for him

latter: running your yap, which is all that guy knows
is not a good trait in that industry

so as the old saying goes
if you can't do
teach

And you conveniently left out the two six figure jobs he had. Seems like you're either on this trendy Cancel Culture social media bandwagon or a closet racist. Which one is it?

I don't know
maybe six figure jobs aren't that impressive?
I've had a bunch of them

the other stuff I have no idea what you're on about

it is amusing how poor right wingers have taken this so personally

chin up!

Premier Beer won the election
how's that buck a beer workin out for you?

lol

rYUx4qW.jpg

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom