• No - Don Cherry's heart in the right place, poor choice of words

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Reprimand - Misconduct worthy of suspension and apology

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • He did nothing wrong

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shooting from the hip(aka no political correctness), works great at the friday night poker game, but not always suitable for TV/oval office.
Shooting from the hip has nothing to do with pc. Cherry probably rehearses beforehand, so doesn't even come close.

dont feed the troll

tenor.gif

Cherry should take advantage of this predicament that he put himself in.Next year,go to a mosque and hand out poppies.

Don’t think anyone’s butt hurt except Don Cherry actually. See how this works?
Don is 85, could buy and sell you many times over, likely punch your lights out face to face and is one of the most popular canadian celebrities ever. Yes, I can see that would make your butt hurt.

I can imagine the native Americans shaking their heads at your ancestors saying “fake refugees” as they decided to flee wherever they came from to provide a better situation for themselves.
I'm sure they didn't look at it that way.
I'm pretty sure they don't teach November 11th as a special day to remember in any residency/orientation classes for new immigrants though. You'd be hard pressed to find many that know that date that come from quite a few different countries (middle east, India). For some it would be like visiting Wales on St David's day and wondering if wearing a large member of the onion family on your clothing is a fashion statement.

Imagine if you were a tourist in a country and got caught up in a crowd celebrating something you didn't understand/didn't even know about and were berated because of it? Fortunately, that doesn't happen much because most people understand what might be behind the act or non-act.
In Canada you'd have to be living under a rock not to know about Remembrance day - you don't need a class to teach everything. I happen to work with at a place with a large compliment of immigrants -- there are 20 of us here, 8 Indian, 4 Chinese, 5 Middle East, 2 QC and me -- every single one of us say they understand Remembrance day, yet only 4 of us donned a poppy. .

I'm happy to give tourists a pass, they are sightseeing, not calling Canada home. While I have never been to Wales, if I was there on Saint David's day I'd pin on a daffodil or leek -- but not an onion.

In Canada you'd have to be living under a rock not to know about Remembrance day - you don't need a class to teach everything. I happen to work with at a place with a large compliment of immigrants -- there are 20 of us here, 8 Indian, 4 Chinese, 5 Middle East, 2 QC and me -- every single one of us say they understand Remembrance day, yet only 4 of us donned a poppy. .

I'm happy to give tourists a pass, they are sightseeing, not calling Canada home. While I have never been to Wales, if I was there on Saint David's day I'd pin on a daffodil or leek -- but not an onion.

I’ve taken the Canadian residency course. It wasn’t part of that.

Don is 85, could buy and sell you many times over, likely punch your lights out face to face and is one of the most popular canadian celebrities ever. Yes, I can see that would make your butt hurt.

Like I said...my butt isn’t hurt at all and I’m gainfully employed today, which is more than Mr Cherry is.

Like I said...my butt isn’t hurt at all and I’m gainfully employed today, which is more than Mr Cherry is.
Wrong as usual. DC is much more gainfully self employed than you and will be more involved in furthering sports and other philanthropic endeavors well beyond anything you will ever do. Or your ilk.

Wrong as usual. DC is much more gainfully self employed than you and will be more involved in furthering sports and other philanthropic endeavors well beyond anything you will ever do. Or your ilk.

What’s the lottery numbers for next week oh clairvoyant one?

Also. Why would I take heed of someone who seems to think I’m the butt hurt one because Cherry lost his job? Have you read your posts? There’s more irony here than an open cast iron mine.

This is.....quite special. Toodles. I have to go out to be paid to have free drinks with people now.

What’s the lottery numbers for next week oh clairvoyant one?

Also. Why would I take heed of someone who seems to think I’m the butt hurt one because Cherry lost his job? Have you read your posts? There’s more irony here than an open cast iron mine.

This is.....quite special. Toodles. I have to go out to be paid to have free drinks with people now.
Gonna hit one of DC's bars? And it does make sense that you would think having liquor bought for you is a big deal, ya little minx.

So this started as a good discussion.Chill out guys or it's off to tt.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long to go off the rails.

So this started as a good discussion.Chill out guys or it's off to tt.
All this talk about butt hurt must mean they need a room to sort this out together.

Honestly at 85 years old, i guess he can enjoy the rest of his old years with his fortune and keep doing his thing

The invite from Russian league was kinda funny though

I guess I should have visited Yasukuni shrine when I lived in Japan. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom