• No - Don Cherry's heart in the right place, poor choice of words

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Reprimand - Misconduct worthy of suspension and apology

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • He did nothing wrong

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@madmike I also took canadian/world history, I got straight A's(Had a really hilarious and engaging teacher)
Can say with some certainty(although it was a long time ago) we hardly spend any time on actual canadian history, most of it was about the holocaust/ww2.

I had also hoped I would hear more exploits of louis riel, or more Native history but to no avail.

Also knowing it and knowing it are 2 completely different things. Everyone knows of the international space station, but do they really know it? And can you realistically expect people who just got here, from a different hemisphere, a different culture, to really have a strong connection? Apart from a simple superficial surface level respect when prompted about it?

Last edited:
rally yesterday held at Sportsnet studios on Mt. Pleasant
to demand the return of Cherry to the airwaves

leftie fake news reported a dozen angry attendees
righty fake news said it was 2 dozen

how is a hockey fan supposed to stay informed on important events these days?

I always thought he was a Liberal from his attitude. If he's a Conservative can we trade him for a left wing?

Here's something else to ponder. Coaches Corner aired again 3.5 hours later. Anyone find it strange that the more times, once in
Like I said...my butt isn’t hurt at all and I’m gainfully employed today, which is more than Mr Cherry is.
Cherry's contract is north of $1M for 36 x 4hr shifts on Coaches Corner - he's off the air but not unemployed.

I'd bet his licencing and endorsement deals are pay him more than most of us make.

"Bring back Don Cherry", petition is catching a lot of support. About a quarter million in the last 24 hours.

Rogers had to shut down their phones/emails/feedback systems because of the number of complaints. (against, not for)
CRTC as well.

angry old white people are having a tough go of it lately

y'all need a red hat of your own
maybe I'll start selling them

Make Hockey
Great Again

angry old white people are having a tough go of it lately

y'all need a red hat of your own
maybe I'll start selling them

Make Hockey
Great Again

Do it!!!!

Haha. Now they are calling for similar punishment for someone on the canadian version of the view. I know nothing about it, but damn. How dumb are you. You know someone just got &%&%-canned for saying something dumb and the next day, you don't think before you speak. The arguments are interesting. Half the people say not firing her will prove there is a double standard, half say it isn't termination worthy. My money is on her "leaving" the show to quell the uproar (deserved or not).

Haha. Now they are calling for similar punishment for someone on the canadian version of the view. I know nothing about it, but damn. How dumb are you. You know someone just got &%&%-canned for saying something dumb and the next day, you don't think before you speak. The arguments are interesting. Half the people say not firing her will prove there is a double standard, half say it isn't termination worthy. My money is on her "leaving" the show to quell the uproar (deserved or not).

It's funny how there's such an uproar over a show that no one has ever seen or even heard of.

Angry old white people. There's a mouthful. I grew up in Scarborough amongst a tight group that my mom and dad socialized with. When they passed away i attended services for both of them of course. My dad passed first, and i just kept my thoughts to myself so as not to upset my mom. But when she passed i had no reason to shake hands and give fake smiles to the old racists.
My aunt asked me why i snubbed them so obviously and i told her.
My siblings didn't like it. Don't care.A racist is a racist. Being 85 isn't an excuse.

@madmike I also took canadian/world history, I got straight A's(Had a really hilarious and engaging teacher)
Can say with some certainty(although it was a long time ago) we hardly spend any time on actual canadian history, most of it was about the holocaust/ww2.

I had also hoped I would hear more exploits of louis riel, or more Native history but to no avail.

Also knowing it and knowing it are 2 completely different things. Everyone knows of the international space station, but do they really know it? And can you realistically expect people who just got here, from a different hemisphere, a different culture, to really have a strong connection? Apart from a simple superficial surface level respect when prompted about it?
I hear you and it saddens me. My kids started school in Canada at ages 7,10&13. They spent the first few years learning in the US, they learned more about civics by grade 4 than most Canadians learn over their entire education.

I hear you and it saddens me. My kids started school in Canada at ages 7,10&13. They spent the first few years learning in the US, they learned more about civics by grade 4 than most Canadians learn over their entire education.
I remember someone moving to canada around grade 4 or 5 from the US (virginia maybe). Damn did they ever teach her a lot about states and history (well at least a version of history which is probably better then nothing). It was astounding how me she was required to know. I can't remember for sure, but I doubt the Canadian curriculum through the end of high school even approached the civics, geography and history teaching in the US prior to Grade 4. And in a slightly related note, they pay their teachers nothing. So obviously cost of education is not directly correlated with quality contrary to the union propaganda here.

I remember someone moving to canada around grade 4 or 5 from the US (virginia maybe). Damn did they ever teach her a lot about states and history (well at least a version of history which is probably better then nothing). It was astounding how me she was required to know. I can't remember for sure, but I doubt the Canadian curriculum through the end of high school even approached the civics, geography and history teaching in the US prior to Grade 4. And in a slightly related note, they pay their teachers nothing. So obviously cost of education is not directly correlated with quality contrary to the union propaganda here.

1573767597279.png

back in the day, some of you old dudes will remember
4 or 5 year HS programs

basically your 8th grade teacher decided which stream
and if you were gonna be an engineer or a garbage collector

we needed 4 OAC credits
one I chose was history as it was always an easy credit
turned out to be the best class I took

course was called Canada From a North American Perspective
it took 13 years of public schooling to get anything useful from them on our own country

Shooting from the hip has nothing to do with pc. Cherry probably rehearses beforehand, so doesn't even come close.

Let me put it this way, when you shoot from the hip, dont be surprised when you miss

My understanding is that he's always been like this, and made a 30+ year career out of it, but this time he went too far and got booted.

He says he wished he used "everyone" instead of "you people who come here", he may not be a racist (I dont know him personally, nor have I ever watched his decades long commentary)

so I dont know, but his words were at the very least ugly, and poorly thought out.
And that was the impression they made( an accurate representation of his character or not)

PR professionals will be writing about this one for a very long time.

Last edited:
The yanks might know their civics but that’s about it. The ones in my classes generally aren’t doing too well compared to the Canadians. Their curriculum is way behind in the sciences.

Back
Top Bottom