Charlotte and I go West | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Charlotte and I go West

Day 8 Thursday
I left Radium Hot Springs and made my way over to Cache Creek
It's a pretty nice ride going across although I found the Kamloops area to be a bit busy
Once you get past Kamloops however the landscape changes
The mountains are still there however the trees are gone and you're left with the feeling that you're in New Mexico
I took a quick little ride down 99 from Cache Creek towards lillooet
This is a beautiful Canyon Road and I can't wait to explore it more today Spent the night in Cache Creek at the Sunset Motel thanks for the tip JF This place is perfect… there's a market across the street and a laundromat within walking distance
My only complaint would be the round Pebblee parking lot
For lunch today I grabbed a monster burger from a local burger joint and then for dinner I went to Husky …felt like I needed some comfort food
Today I'll get to ride 99 all the way down to West Vancouver and then spend the night near Abbotsford

Enjoy the pics

IMG-20200813-114212.jpg

IMG-20200813-124250.jpg

IMG-20200813-124621.jpg

IMG-20200813-150602.jpg

IMG-20200813-151056.jpg

IMG-20200813-180628.jpg

Great area...wish I wuz there ...I think 99 is perhaps the best riding i've been on.
Are you going north to Hyder?

Reactions: J_F
Great area...wish I wuz there ...I think 99 is perhaps the best riding i've been on.
Are you going north to Hyder?
No mac I won't be going to Hyder

Day 9 Friday
I woke up early this morning and left Cache Creek and headed for Highway #99
I then took 99 all the way to Vancouver and then jumped on the trans-canada highway to get to Abbotsford
#99 could quite possibly be the most technical road I've ever been on
The scenery was completely breathtaking
Snow covered mountains
Crystal Clear Lakes
It had everything
One thing I did notice Lillooet to Whistler most of the BC Parks were closed
Whistler to Vancouver all the parts were open and they were packed
I stopped in Whistler and had some breakfast
That pretty girl with Charlotte Is Lisa
She was my cocktail companion last night
A kindred spirit with a zest for life
She was making her way to Jasper
She helped me to center my inner chi
Oh Charlotte .…always helping me make friends
Tomorrow I'm going to make my way up to Vernon BC
Enjoy the pics

IMG-20200814-085632.jpg

IMG-20200814-083254.jpg

IMG-20200814-092338.jpg

IMG-20200814-093932.jpg

IMG-20200814-100137.jpg

IMG-20200814-102544.jpg

IMG-20200814-102705.jpg

IMG-20200814-102715.jpg

Very, very jealous. Enjoy to the fullest, looks awesome.

Great pics!

Would say camping isnt worth it, and motels/hotels suffice?

Im leaving the morning and still debating if its worth taking all the camping gear

Great pics!

Would say camping isnt worth it, and motels/hotels suffice?

Im leaving the morning and still debating if its worth taking all the camping gear
Im too old and fat to be climbing into a tent
Plenty of camping available out here if needed.
most motels are running me $75-$95 + tax per night
it's really up to you

Im too old and fat to be climbing into a tent
Plenty of camping available out here if needed.
most motels are running me $75-$95 + tax per night
it's really up to you

That is not bad, I thought in the mountains prices would be double and places to stay hard to find, some campsites are $30-50 a night, so motels def seem better for a little more. Some campsites out west are only allowing locals to stay, so carrying the gear may end up being a waste

...............I've read great things about the road #31A between New Denver and Kaslo

Yes, last September spent some time in Kaslo touring the old paddlewheeler, then lunch and took 31A on the way back to Castlegar where we were staying, Great road, virtually no traffic

In these Covid days of zero international travel/no cruises you could easily spend 3 - 5 weeks in BC exploring back roads, but I think for most of us with either work or family obligations that is a bit of a pipe dream.

#99 could quite possibly be the most technical road I've ever been on
The scenery was completely breathtaking
Snow covered mountains
Crystal Clear Lakes
It had everything
That's good to hear because you have been on a lot of good roads in your travels.
Your pics are great and good to hear you are having an enjoyable trip.
Have you had to do any bike maintenance while out on this trip?

That is not bad, I thought in the mountains prices would be double and places to stay hard to find, some campsites are $30-50 a night, so motels def seem better for a little more. Some campsites out west are only allowing locals to stay, so carrying the gear may end up being a waste
Rough camping is always open.

Reactions: nyx
appreciate the comments and questions
I'll take a few moments to address some of these before I post today's events
Scorpion before I left for this trip I did some research on the motels and categorize them in three sections
Expensive medium and cheaper
Your expensive places would be Jasper Banff Canmore Kelowna
Your medium places would be Golden Sicamous Salmon Arm Kamloops
Cheaper places would be Radium Hot Springs Cranbrook Castlegar lillooet and Cache Creek
I obviously tried to stay at the cheaper and have done pretty well with this but every once in awhile you get a surprise
In Golden the prices were a little higher but I found a place at the Selkirk Inn it was very reasonable
I've used information on these forums and my own research to determine where to stay.

Yes, last September spent some time in Kaslo touring the old paddlewheeler, then lunch and took 31A on the way back to Castlegar where we were staying, Great road, virtually no traffic

In these Covid days of zero international travel/no cruises you could easily spend 3 - 5 weeks in BC exploring back roads, but I think for most of us with either work or family obligations that is a bit of a pipe dream.
Funny somebody should mention 31A
So on the ferry today I met this kid Ethan
He's the guy on the bike beside Charlotte on the ferry
He's from Canmore and he mentioned 31 and 31a to me today and said they are a must do.
After Jasper I'm going to head that way
I'll either stay in Castlegar or Creston

That's good to hear because you have been on a lot of good roads in your travels.
Your pics are great and good to hear you are having an enjoyable trip.
Have you had to do any bike maintenance while out on this trip?
No maintenance yet shame but I have to do an oil change in about a 1000 km
I'll maybe just get it done at an indie shop as I'm not close to a HD dealer right now
99 was amazing but wait till you hear my report about 6/23

Back
Top Bottom