'Chair' Girl | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Chair' Girl

As a child, I was forced to take classical piano lessons. RCOM. Grade X (10) and grade ll (2) theory.
I hated everyone too, and everything about lessons. Crusty old buggers who seemed to enjoy whacking backs of hands with their batons.
The day I got that last mf'n diploma was the last time I played. That was ~50yrs ago.

My teacher was a sadist too....similar experience!

Well I asked for good Drake songs and the ones that were posted all have autotune signature and other even more obvious digital voice enhancements/effects. Why does he need this. I know it all gets over used today, but are his fans completely tone deaf to it or just like it? Other artists don't need it. And I am also not a boomer BTW!

Tbh....I think it's likely due to efficiency and artists choosing style/skill (and frankly not having enough skill lol)

I used to do covers. It took me, on average, 24-40 hours to create a cover. The reason it took so long was because it's actually extremely rare for a vocalist to sing every single note in perfect pitch. And any musician that has decent relative pitch is also a perfectionist: every note must be in tune.

I later downloaded auto tune for ***** and giggles, set it at a very low threshold for activation, and made it less aggressive. That 24-40 hours went down to < 8 hours!

Autotune is also really just this and last generation's thing (along with EDM and less traditional music) similar to how different eras in music had different emphasis on styles and instruments (wanna hear how a violin or cello sound with pig guts for strings? I've never heard it but I know that's how they used to play them!)

As a child, I was forced to take classical piano lessons. RCOM. Grade X (10) and grade ll (2) theory.
I hated everyone too, and everything about lessons. Crusty old buggers who seemed to enjoy whacking backs of hands with their batons.
The day I got that last mf'n diploma was the last time I played. That was ~50yrs ago.

Are you Asian? lol I swear to god bunch of us had the talent beat into us (or I guess out of, in your case lol)

I rmb asking why it was okay to beat the **** out of a student for not playing in tune, I got beat again, and told "BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THINGS WORK" lol

White Cdn. Boomer to boot.

Wtf. I was hoping music + beatings wasn't a world wide phenomenon.

EDIT: Maybe the reason why artists these days seem "talent-less" is because they don't have externally induced suffering to back up their music (beating your kids will get you into **** now right?) I'm not entirely being sarcastic, because the physical abuse and mental trauma results in the need for an outlet. I'm willing to bet that any talented artist has had to have a metric **** ton of suffering in order to have the overwhelming urge to do something about those emotions. Eminem and Linkin Park (RIP Chester) come to mind immediately.

Every time this thread pops up I am disappointed it's not about a chick on a sidehack.

First-American-Couple-To-Race-At-The-Isle-Of-Man-TT-5.jpg

OK, all of those above were pretty bad, lots of autotune signature in the signing BTW. I still do not get it as there are people with way more talent and capability in the genre.

I see a "leaked" sex video in the works for chair girl BTW. Keep with the tried and true formula. Who the sucker guy is, don't know.
Actually its pitch correction not auto tune. Plenty of artists use it.

Actually its pitch correction not auto tune. Plenty of artists use it.

They're the same thing.

The "auto tune" effect is what happens when you set the correction rate to extremely fast, and the threshold for when to correct extremely loose.

......I'd know because I did that to one of my covers and I sounded like ******* T-Pain trying to sing a Chinese break up song.

because they need it.....plenty of others don’t.

for instance....Michael Buble often uses it..Sinatra, who didn’t have access to it...didn’t need it anyway.

You'd have a very difficult time finding any artist that doesn't have auto tune applied to their professional recordings, this is on top of reverb and any other common effects.

We've also hit the point where the latency of special effects (such as auto-tune) processing is done so fast this is present in nearly all big live performances (aka. not an indie artist doing their own ****.)

Wtf man lol you should be able to hear this too, it's really obvious in almost everything in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
They're the same thing.

The "auto tune" effect is what happens when you set the correction rate to extremely fast, and the threshold for when to correct extremely loose.

......I'd know because I did that to one of my covers and I sounded like ******* T-Pain trying to sing a Chinese break up song.
I will conceed they are similar.

back in the day
all the old boomer gods did plenty of their own sound shaping
4 piece band using all 24 tracks, overdubs out the wazoo
un-credited studio artists, stolen melodies and riffs

a guy like Mutt Lange took mediocre at best musicians and made platinum albums

This track was not found

I think you are safe :unsure:

ooooo a leaner chair girl, you don't see to many of those.

C3USRzNXUAA8I0S

Yeah you have no idea whose using what, but good try.
A guy I used to work with was involved with getting the Spice Girls up and running (a profitable but low point in his life). Five eventide harmonizes were a permanent part of their kit.

very Fast chair girl (y)

38914218194_7aaa9d403a.jpg

A guy I used to work with was involved with getting the Spice Girls up and running (a profitable but low point in his life). Five eventide harmonizes were a permanent part of their kit.

Glad you brought that up...

It seems most manufactured artists are image first these days.....actual talent comes second as that can always be enhanced. I blame “pop idol” type shows and that useless spunk trumpet Simon Cowell for most of this crap although Stock Aitken and Waterman set the tone for this way earlier in the 80s.

There's still enough bands breaking through traditionally with raw talent to not lose hope though but you wonder if the Rolling Stones came along today would they have done as well alongside all the plastic pretty pop groups we have?

Back
Top Bottom