'Chair' Girl | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Chair' Girl

What's involved with the probation? Banned from throwing chairs off of balconies for two years?

I'm having a problem with the "Due to alcohol and peer pressure" bit. When did the "Due to..." become the standard excuse for anything stupid or illegal.

Fact Check: Alcohol and stupid peers = Bad behaviour.

What's involved with the probation? Banned from throwing chairs off of balconies for two years?

I'm having a problem with the "Due to alcohol and peer pressure" bit. When did the "Due to..." become the standard excuse for anything stupid or illegal.

Fact Check: Alcohol and stupid peers = Bad behaviour.
What happens when you breach probation in Ontario?
If found guilty with a “breach of probation” by way of summary offence/conviction. If the individual is found guilty of breach of probation: There is potential jail time for no longer than 18 months, and a possible fine up to $2000.00, or potentially both.

Meh she seems like another previlaged and connected person who would wessle their way around the law like she has done already.

Ugh I just saw that a little while ago. Another Canadian justice system fail.
Why? I thought this one wasn't bad. Yes, she was incredibly dumb and could have hurt someone. Yes, she behaved like an entitled child and wanted to use this to enhance her social media image. Ultimately though, does she deserve jail for a single dumb act where nobody was hurt and no property damage occurred? I think this is more about the failure of parenting and how people trying to make a career out of being a social media influencer represent almost everything that is wrong with society.

Meh she seems like another previlaged and connected person who would wessle their way around the law like she has done already.
I never got the impression that she was at all connected. I am on board with her still being confused about why she is in trouble because she doesn't understand how anyone thought what she did was wrong. We have the exact same personality running our country right now and he hasn't even gotten a 2,000 fine and sure as hell no probation for multiple indiscretions that were much more impactful.

What's involved with the probation?

There are standard conditions like "keeping the peace" and such, but a lot could depend on how much of a stickler her probation officer is...
PO's have a lot of discretion when it comes to breaching "clients"...

In the end.. This girl is saddled the stigma associated with a criminal conviction that will follow her for years.
That in and of itself is far worse than a six month jail stint... Which really, unless you're a total F-up translates into four months.

In the end.. This girl is saddled the stigma associated with a criminal conviction that will follow her for years.
That in and of itself is far worse than a six month jail stint... Which really, unless you're a total F-up translates into four months.

Something tells me that her new-found social media notoriety means a lot more to her than some silly criminal record...

She got exactly what she wanted out of this stunt.

Something tells me that her new-found social media notoriety means a lot more to her than some silly criminal record...

She got exactly what she wanted out of this stunt.

I knew a guy that when asked if he wanted to go to the USA for a trip would say no. I got the impression he was either wanted or unwanted down there. Eventually continued bad behaviour will corner the perp with career, social status or travel.

Even marriage can be affected. One partner wants to travel and the other has to stay home. Someone finds a new travel partner.

I knew a guy that when asked if he wanted to go to the USA for a trip would say no. I got the impression he was either wanted or unwanted down there. Eventually continued bad behaviour will corner the perp with career, social status or travel.

Even marriage can be affected. One partner wants to travel and the other has to stay home. Someone finds a new travel partner.

These people live their lives from out of a smartphone screen. They don't care about stuff like that.

Want to make the punishment really hurt?

Make the sentence two years without a social media presence. If they are found to break the rule, then jail time.
Prosecution asked for that, judge didn't go that way. Probably a good bet. Although everyone thinks she posted it on purpose, the crown was unable to prove that she did. I think that would have been an easy foothold for an appeal.

I am a little surprised that they didn't announce no booze as a condition as she blamed booze for her bad behaviour. Maybe the condition is there it just wasn't made public.

By no means do I agree with what she did, but lifelong criminal records are of no benefit to anyone. Criminal records should be automatically expunged after a period of time assuming you stay out of trouble. If you get into trouble during the period where you still have a criminal record, then the period of the new record doubles, and so on. I'm sure a lot of members know someone that did something stupid in their youth but have become good citizens since then and are still being punished decades later when they apply for a job or try to travel. All a criminal record does is hold people down long after they could have gotten themselves back up.

By no means do I agree with what she did, but lifelong criminal records are of no benefit to anyone. Criminal records should be automatically expunged after a period of time assuming you stay out of trouble. If you get into trouble during the period where you still have a criminal record, then the period of the new record doubles, and so on. I'm sure a lot of members know someone that did something stupid in their youth but have become good citizens since then and are still being punished decades later when they apply for a job or try to travel. All a criminal record does is hold people down long after they could have gotten themselves back up.

You are basically describing the already existing pardon process... although it's not automatic.
Stay outta crap for a few years, 5 or 10 depending on the crime, and a person can apply for a pardon.

My mistake. I thought it took a lot longer than 5 years before you can get a pardon. Out of curiosity, do you know how often a person is denied?

Back
Top Bottom