Canada Post Delivery Timelines | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada Post Delivery Timelines

North York to Brampton. Priority package. Ordered May 24. Picked up May 25, arrived at Mississauga (Gateway) May 25. Delivery date May 26. Nope, date gone. Delivered June 11. Tracking still says Gateway.
Even I could have gotten it there quicker.....on foot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

April 28 online order finally came yesterday. Repackaged with an apology from Can Post:
20200616_145912.jpg

Had to buy my truck speed sensor from Rockauto. Bought on a Thursday said Tuesday delivery arrived Monday. Delivered by Fedex not Canada post.

"by end of day" means nothing. Again, look for the words "out for delivery".
Yeah I am having one of those "by end of day" orders. Was suppose to be end of day yesterday. Nothing showed up. But now it's listed as "in Transit" and expected delivery "Pending" ?‍♂️

Got an update today, it's showing as in transit. Again.

Eta is now the 22nd. Reason for delay shows that CP didn't get the package until after cutoff time even though it also shows they received it June 10 at 11xx am.

So 12 days from Montreal to Caledon if it shows up on Monday.

Eta is now the 22nd. Reason for delay shows that CP didn't get the package until after cutoff time even though it also shows they received it June 10 at 11xx am.

As a first step, the entire tracking process for every carrier needs a swift kick in the nards. Most of them follow the program of "item received" is really just a pickup request. I have no idea why they don't use really clean language. Hell, they have a lot of information that would be helpful and not proprietary. "Item ready for pickup in Montreal" "Item picked up and is en-route to Montreal sorting centre" "Item at Montreal sorting centre" "Item on truck to Toronto" "Item in Toronto sorting centre" "Item out for delivery". As it is, half the time you don't even know if the parcel is starting in BC or Mississauga.

Normally I have zero problems with Canada Post, until now. Don't even think Covid is an excuse anymore.

Waiting on a part that leaves my bike unrideable until it arrives. ETA from Canada Post was Friday, the 12th, ok cool. Right up until end of day of the 12th, it was showing delivered by end of day even though clearly it wasn't going to happen.

Item received in Quebec on the 9th. Updated with processed in Quebec on the 12th. Those are the only tracking updates so far. Urghhhh...

Should have sucked it up and paid the extra to buy new from a local shop.

One week update. Package hasn't moved...

Got an update on June 17th, 5 days after the previous update, saying processed in Quebec. Same place as the previous "processed" from the last update.

WTF Canada Post. Shipped a package beginning of May with CP to Oregon, it got there in a week. You can't get a package to the next province in two weeks?

Normally, I wouldn't care, but I'm bikeless until I get this thing.

My $16 Princess Auto clay thrower is in limbo. It shipped hours after I ordered it last week. I thought great..I’ll be blasting little bits of orange clay before you know it. Nah. My two buddies that also ordered one each at the same time and live 15 mins from me both got theirs.

Dear Customer. We had a great time playing catch with your parcel. Please order something more robust next time. This is all your fault. Regards Canada Post.
Lol.
It was a couple of cd's. Only the bubble wrap package was 75% destroyed. cd's were fine.

Ordered some masks on the 9th from Vancouver.
Site said that orders are shipped on Fridays, which would be the 12th.
They arrived today near Ottawa, on the 16th, which seems pretty quick.

I guess they bypassed Gateway.

Should the government build new larger and distributed sorting plants to deal with the current volume of goods?
Or is the belief that everything will go back to the way it was when this is over?
I also ordered masks for my sister in Toronto, just before I ordered mine. She has yet to see hers.
Hers are probably going through Gateway, whereas mine bypassed it.

Ordered something from Oregon 3 weeks ago. USPS took 1.5 weeks to move it from Oregon to California and then up to Richmond BC into Canada Post's hands. CP whizzed it across the country and it was delivered in 2 days flat.

On the flipside, I ordered a new rear tire for my Vulcan from Pete's superbike 1.5 weeks ago. Petes shipped it next day and the scan trail shows it arriving at the Montreal sort facility and it's been dead there ever since. 8 freakin' business days and counting now. I could have bloody well walked to and from Montreal by now to pick it up in person.

Worst part is I have an appointment on Tuesday to get the tire installed before we leave for our 4000km ride to Pickle Lake this Thursday. Giving up hope that the tire was actually going to be here on time I spent a bunch of time on the phone a few days ago in a panic looking for an alternative - finally found a tire at Royal Distributing in Whitby so I ran and grabbed it as an emergency backup. At this point it's looking like I'm going to actually need it.

Knock on the door this morning, CP with my package. 9 days past the initial delivery standard but 1 day before the revised one so not sure if I should say they are early or late lol.

The status never did change to out for delivery, just checked it again and still showing as in transit.

I'm still waiting on an item I ordered on April 18. The tracking says both it is still in China, and has left China, on it's way to here.

It might be best to think of Gateway as a giant funnel, with a narrow spout, that has had too much wine poured into it.

I've given up with Amazon and Canada Post...I just put the order in and most times the items aren't big emergencies so I'm not too worried about it.

EDIT: Ordered some items yesterday afternoon for my wife...it's on our front door already. Go figure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom