Bumper Cars at TMP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bumper Cars at TMP

Go to the track they said....it’ll be safer than street racing they said....it’ll be fun they said....
Well, from what I have heard, there were no injuries, so I guess it was safer. If they drove like that in public, I expect some would have been hurt. As for fun, it sure looked like a lot of those people were playing with other peoples money. They were quite young to have expensive cars paid from from their own earned income.

Go to the track they said....it’ll be safer than street racing they said....it’ll be fun they said....

There's doing it right, and there's doing it wrong.

I've never done a car track day ... to me, cars and trucks are appliances and/or tools. So I can only speak for the motorcycle track days.

No one should be setting a wheel on a racetrack surface without going through a training course so that you have been instructed in the basics of what's going on. But ... There is nothing to enforce this. There are good track days, and there are "wild west" track days.

Some of the things that seem common-sense to someone that has been around the racetrack for a while ... might not be common-sense to someone new at this.

Overtaking has to be done with caution ... and driving back onto the track surface after having an off-track excursion has to be done with caution. That is the ONE time when you should look back to see what's coming.

That quick left-right kink before the hard left at TMP has always concerned me. There is one fast line through that kink. If you have a side-by-side situation, e.g. by someone attempting to stuff through from behind, e.g. by someone who has something with more power than you, you are both not both getting through without conflict.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• vader2.jpeg
    vader2.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
  • vader2.jpeg
    vader2.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 4
Top comment on reddit, "This makes street racing look safe." ?
There are some comments there about drivers ignoring black flags. wtf? If that is true, that is very bad for the facility. If black isn't working, go for red and let everybody know who caused it. By allowing people to continue after black, any crash of a flagged vehicle after is due to at least partly to TMP negligence. I feel bad for the few people that were out their that weren't stupid and got collected by idiots.

That's exactly what I've heard (car or bike) and why I've never had any interest in going to one of their events. This is just sad.
When you look into the track owners (Uli) past business adventures, it isn't surprising.

There are some comments there about drivers ignoring black flags. wtf? If that is true, that is very bad for the facility. If black isn't working, go for red and let everybody know who caused it. By allowing people to continue after black, any crash of a flagged vehicle after is due to at least partly to TMP negligence. I feel bad for the few people that were out their that weren't stupid and got collected by idiots.

Track ownership only wants money coming IN. Money for a proper number of marshals, and co-drivers, and trainers, means money would have to go OUT, which means it has not happened. There is a certain segment of the population that wants to go to an event with no rules so they can screw around and do whatever they want at the moment, so imposing structure and rules and training and enforcement (and higher entry fees!) may limit your customer base which means less money coming IN. Same thing happens with bikes, by the way.

Pick your track event organisers carefully. Too cheap? No rules? watch out.

So much awesome!

The Audi guys do track days at TMP. No one's pronged their car in years. Just sayin'

170321-chuck-barris-mn-0736_339ea4f6f7204e16d4bbaf802b8fdffe.fit-760w.jpg

Oldie but a good one.

I did a few laps in a car at Vancouver island circuit, just me and a couple of work buddies. That's it as far as it goes for me wanting to do a 4 wheel track day. From the looks of it, these cars events are complete gong shows, one day someone will really get hurt.

OMG! Did ya get that? OMG! Got it on video. OMG! That's crazy! OMG! OMG! OMG!

I hope it was mom's car.

Oldie but a good one.

I did a few laps in a car at Vancouver island circuit, just me and a couple of work buddies. That's it as far as it goes for me wanting to do a 4 wheel track day. From the looks of it, these cars events are complete gong shows, one day someone will really get hurt.
People take passengers on the track? No helmets? So much smh associated with all of these videos.

People take passengers on the track? No helmets? So much smh associated with all of these videos.
Sure. Everyone signs a waiver and you have a lawyer make sure that you don't own anything.

Sorry guys, this is seen all the time on the road and the track, nothing new here.

all I see is a bunch of hooligans with high horsepower and capable beautiful machinery with no idea how to use them properly.

Just because you can own one of these cars, doesn't automatically make you a capable driver. (I'm willing to wager that none of these guys took any kind of advanced driving course)

Back
Top Bottom