Broken down pipe stuck | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Broken down pipe stuck

I got it off penetrating oil did the job! Came off pretty loose after I let it sit. I ended up getting a practically brand new full TYGA performance system for $200 only had to drive 2 hours but I say it was worth it. It sounds like a totally different bike so nice!
Yea man that stuff has saved me many a headache PB blaster for the win again

I'll tell you how good it is, my Montesa Honda's come with restrictors installed in both the intake and exhaust that reduce the power to 125cc performance so learners can plate them in civilized countries.
When I take all the restrictors out and fit the non-cat exhaust for competition only, the only thing I had to touch was the idle screw.

So what's the scrap value of the tiny cat

Ya from what i seen the cbr 125 got fuel injectors pretty early. I really wanted a fuel injected bike. Just less problems from what i seen.

I just looked it up and that's a sick bike :ROFLMAO: more info please. What kind of bike is that?
What bike, Montesa?

Fuel injection gives a huge gain in performance too, especially after the bike crashes upside down or goes completely vertical, carburetor float bowls are sensitive to tilt, Fi doesn't care if you are upside down and underwater.

Ya that bike looks neat. Next bike might be carbed just because im gonna upgrade and ill probably be able to get a deal on a older model. fuel injected 250's and 300's seem to be alot more.

and surprised for a 07 to be fuel injected to be honest so dont think ill be able to snag such a good deal on a a fuel injected 250, 300 or something.

Is it a problem that part of the pipe is touching something. My grandfather said it should be no problem but im not to sure.Snapchat-590609671.jpg

YES, that is a problem. The bottom photo in particular, that little hook/tab is part of your swingarm, which moves with the suspension.

The pipe is only held in place at the clamp at the engine and at the clamp that holds the muffler. Loosen but do not remove the bolts/nuts enough to be able to wiggle it, and wiggle it as needed so that it's not contacting any other part of the bike, then re-tighten fasteners and re-check.

The fit on aftermarket stuff can be off sometimes. Sometimes you can improve it... sometimes you can't.

That said, did you get this used? Maybe not all the right hardware made it into your hands

Fixed it. Nothing touching had to take off a bracket for the hoses and relocate it to the side. Pipes not touching anything now. Thanks ?

CBR250R should be cheap used, Honda imported them in large numbers and sold them new at big discount prices for several years consecutive. Nice upgrade to the 125 when you are ready, as long as you are still shopping for a solo ride & you are not a heavyweight.

You don't want a Montesa, they are highly addictive and tend to render all other forms of motorized sport slightly boring.

Back
Top Bottom