Broken down pipe stuck | GTAMotorcycle.com

Broken down pipe stuck

Cbr125guy

My downpipe on my 2007 cbr 125 busted. I'm buying a new one tomorrow but as I went to take it off I noticed there's a chunk that's really stuck and I really have no idea what to do. Any advice would be appreciated! Screenshot_20200509-172322.png

Can you get a pair of vice grips on it? Soak the area with some pb blaster and try to wiggle it? I can’t really tell what piece broke off

Get some pb blaster on there and see if you can wedge a flathead or a small prybar in between the pipe end that’s broken and the engine flange where the pipe mates to

the pipe is steel...not likely to break into pieces
it will break the rust free and loosen up the bit stuck in there

the pipe is steel...not likely to break into pieces
it will break the rust free and loosen up the bit stuck in there
Couple small whacks would probably do it just stuff the hole if you’re worried, or try to get a pry bar in there. Penetrating oil will definitely help

So now I'm pretty sure that whole brown ring comes off but it's still jammed I tired hitting it with flat head, hammer it won't budge.

You can find some pictures of it here: Honda CBR 125 R Cylinder head barrel and piston top end strip down

The whole thing has to come out, maybe a little tap, tap, tap on the sides of the stuck part. One more possibility, they are dissimilar materials, heat the head and cool the stuck ring if you can. Maybe a little heat with a propane torch on the head and a blast of component cooler or ice to cool the flange.

Would heating it up with a torch help?

I don't think I would want to put a flame near there to be honest. I've tired knocking it with a hammer won't seem to budge really.

Back
Top Bottom