Broken down pipe stuck | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Broken down pipe stuck

Got everything under control and now my front wheel spins freely no drag. Only had 10 mini heart attacks but now I'm more familiar with my brakes and will know what to do next time. I know I'm new but mistakes happen and we learn off em. If I didn't make any mistakes I wouldn't have learned as much. I find that when I make mistakes and have to fix them is when I get to know what I'm doing best. You got to start somewhere, and you can't put down the tools before you pick them up.

I'm thinking OP just wanted to take the caliper off to clean it
not actually get the pucks out, just an assumption

a lot of extra work but he will get a lesson in bleeding
and wouldn't surprise me if the sys needed a flush anyway

and brake clean is just fine to use on the caliper
mineral oil of any type is to be avoided

and it is the preferred cleaner to use on the pucks and inside the caliper body
to remove any mineral oil based substance and dirt
if the pucks are out you are not reusing the seals anyway
Got everything under control and now my front wheel spins freely no drag. Only had 10 mini heart attacks but now I'm more familiar with my brakes and will know what to do next time. I know I'm new but mistakes happen and we learn off em. If I didn't make any mistakes I wouldn't have learned as much. I find that when I make mistakes and have to fix them is when I get to know what I'm doing best. You got to start somewhere, and you can't put down the tools before you pick them up.
watch some YouTube videos before trying what you’re looking to do next time. Mistakes are good for learning, I break things all the time ? .. but mistakes can get expensive real fast

Bikes cheap, parts cheap it's not to horrible better this bike than any other I own. I guess I watched 1 bad video or misunderstood or somthing because trust me I always watch videos before doing.

Great to hear.Sorry if i was a bit abrupt with you.I have always tried to take care of "noobs" on GTAM.Don't want to hear horror stories about expense or injury.Stay safe,ride safe. Ric

Reactions: J_F
It's all good man I don't wanna come off rude or anything as well thank you for looking out for me. I know I'm a noob but I wanna learn everything my self.

Here is a brake pad install after a tire swap (dealer) i found on a Ducati i owned.First pic is wrong and would have worn the pad prematurely.Second pic is the other side done properly.
zSMqKGC.jpg

RbZmmYi.jpg

Last edited:

Before you go out, its also a good idea to take a few slow laps around the block, gently making sure everything works

Ya I had somone from my grandfather come and look at it. He's a car mechanic and he has and works on his own bikes. He said everything fine. So I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom