BPs new ride | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BPs new ride

Update...

Got the bike back, did the break in service and these were my immediate thoughts:

It feels like a completely different bike after you've unlocked everything...you can modify stuff and adjust everything...I put it in track mode and well..

1. I was basically doing a chris tucker rendition in the fifth element the entire ride home (0:37 onwards)

2. This thing is violent and terrifying...

3. how is it street legal?

4. I was thinking not long after leaving the dealership that perhaps I should have gotten a speed triple or an MT10, something more docile...

Initially I thought the quick shifter was weird going from 1st to 2nd, it was often times getting false nuetrals..but I realized this is just because Im used to closing the throttle when shifting up...but on a quickshifter when shifting up, you should keep the throttle open, after which it started shifting smooth and precise like butter.

Update...

Got the bike back, did the break in service and these were my immediate thoughts:

It feels like a completely different bike after you've unlocked everything...you can modify stuff and adjust everything...I put it in track mode and well..

1. I was basically doing a chris tucker rendition in the fifth element the entire ride home (0:37 onwards)

2. This thing is violent and terrifying...

3. how is it street legal?

4. I was thinking not long after leaving the dealership that perhaps I should have gotten a speed triple or an MT10, something more docile...

Initially I thought the quick shifter was weird going from 1st to 2nd, it was often times getting false nuetrals..but I realized this is just because Im used to closing the throttle when shifting up...but on a quickshifter when shifting up, you should keep the throttle open, after which it started shifting smooth and precise like butter.
Haha, and soon you will be used it it and think that the insane level of performance is just normal.

I know when I bought the Ape, I pulled out of the dealer and gave it some (but far from all) throttle. Looked down a moment later as things seemed to be going past quite quickly and holy (*&^(*&. That was effortless. Mental note, recalibrate brain.

what are the mapping modes, BP?
3, like most bikes?

my ape has 3
Sport mode is just goofy
snatchy throttle and wheelie prone
no actual use for me

Tour is still full available HP
but a more mellow throttle response map
I only use it, and Rain mode

TC and ABS are left in a moderately intrusive setting
took some playing to get the right balance
I only change them now when off pavement

what are the mapping modes, BP?
3, like most bikes?

my ape has 3
Sport mode is just goofy
snatchy throttle and wheelie prone
no actual use for me

Tour is still full available HP
but a more mellow throttle response map
I only use it, and Rain mode

TC and ABS are left in a moderately intrusive setting
took some playing to get the right balance
I only change them now when off pavement

There's 5 modes I believe, rain, road, sport, and the now unlocked performance and track

rain is lowered HP, road and sport I think is full power, the difference is only throttle response and TC, in sport its quick but pretty manageable

Cant remember the difference between performance and track, but once you've unlocked everything you can modify everything to hearts content(in addition to quick shifter)

I think in either performance or track you can turn rear abs off, unlocking also lets you turn wheelie control off

#edit:

its also gives you options to create your own custom maps with fine tuned throttle response, with as little or as much intrusiveness as you want, you can save them, and at the flick of a switch alternate between them

now THAT is cool

there is so much to unpack, the thing im most looking forward to is the phone pairing :)

there is so much to unpack, the thing im most looking forward to is the phone pairing :)
i thought i was going to love it, but i don't. went back to phone>comms.

turn by turn navi is kinda nice though.

Anybody doing Waze on dash yet (AA/Carplay). Are bikes putting on speakers for navigation or visual only?
visual. you get the turn directions through the headset though.

Goldwings have Carplay/AA not sure if Waze works.

The rev limiter thing automatically goes away after 1000 kms, can freely rev it as of today

Tried out the calimoto app today, very meh experience, its buggy, and unlike google maps, it cant function without data, it glitches out and refuses to restart, the navigation is spotty (thankfully I knew how to get to my destination)

I find that rain mode on my 790 just limits the rate in which the throttle can open. If for example you were to pin it, the bike instead will roll it on for you.

I just leave it in sport. The throttle is twitchy but that's just a sign that you need to be smooth and precise.

Gotta practice on a drz or something first

That guy is pretty fun to watch, doesnt he work for KTM?
no idea, random vid on my youtube

Back
Top Bottom