BPs new ride | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BPs new ride

BMW is pretty fascist (is it bad to use that word in this context?) about their rev limits.

I test rode the HP2 Sport race bike when it first came out and was surprised that the rev limit was enforced by software in accordance to the engine operating temperature. When you first started it up, you could not rev the engine over 3K rpm. Then slowly, as the oil temperature warmed up, it would increase the rev-limit till you had full access to redline at the proper operating temperature.

Pretty trick.

lol
when I'm talking to the crew
I advise them to consider who's present

prolly fine here
at Oktoberfest?
maybe not

as for the 1,000 service BP
it's (should) be a little more than an oil change
I take it back to the dealer for the 1,000

there are some critical torques they're supposed to check

just curious, I checked in the package they gave me, also under the seat...do they not give out owner and service manuals anymore?
I had heard they dont have actual copies now days just digital ones..

Never mind, found a piece of paper that says they dont have any manuals on hand and it will be shipped out whenever they have one

Last edited:
just curious, I checked in the package they gave me, also under the seat...do they not give out owner and service manuals anymore?
I had heard they dont have actual copies now days just digital ones..

I bought a 2020 KTM as well. I got a thick pouch with owners manual, extra key and keycode card, notepad, and lots of stickers. I even got rim locks (@Trials)...

But I downloaded the owners manual and service manual anyway and keep it on my phone. Much easier to carry around.

I bought a 2020 KTM as well. I got a thick pouch with owners manual, extra key and keycode card, notepad, and lots of stickers. I even got rim locks (@Trials)...

But I downloaded the owners manual and service manual anyway and keep it on my phone. Much easier to carry around.
One of my front tires has slid on the rim, noticed the valve stem is crooked as all heck yesterday, I need to fix that asap.

What are you going to ride it on, guessing not extreme enduro.

Obvious not, as I'm not a very good motorcycle rider.

Woods mainly. The odd hillclimb on baby heads, but no Romaniacs.
Oh come on you know you want to try ;)

Few more observations as I put more kms on now:

Yeah the rpms def flash around 7k, and it feels like the bike doesnt really want you going above that just yet

Tried out cruise control, its pretty neat and easy to use, def makes the long straights more tolerable (and provides right hand relief)

I also understand what 'braaap' means now... its like a growl the bike makes and shoves you back as you roll on the throttle
Open the throttle a little more and you see time and space warp in front of your eyes

The bike behaves pretty well in rain and road mode..but in sport mode it goes wild...I suspect the only thing keeping the front wheel
down is big poppas heft (and some right hand discipline)

It honestly does feel like your walking around with a powerful but chained beast at times...that just wants to go crazy

One thing I didnt expect though was that you have to actively focus to stay under the speed limit..going through some of these small towns
where the speed is 60 km/h...and OPP stalking around...

if you start daydreaming you can very easily end up doing a lot more if you're not careful( I suspect this can be remedied if you spend more time in rain mode)

Will say though, it makes me want to ride more...thinking of excuses to avoid the relatives so I can go out and ride more

Last edited:
Few more observations as I put more kms on now:

Yeah the rpms def flash around 7k, and it feels like the bike doesnt really want you going above that just yet

Tried out cruise control, its pretty neat and easy to use, def makes the long straights more tolerable (and provides right hand relief)

I also understand what 'braaap' means now... its like a growl the bike makes and shoves you back as you roll on the throttle
Open the throttle a little more and you see time and space warp in front of your eyes

The bike behaves pretty well in rain and road mode..but in sport mode it goes wild...I suspect the only thing keeping the front wheel
down is big poppas heft (and some right hand discipline)

It honestly does feel like your walking around with a powerful but chained beast at times...that just wants to go crazy

One thing I didnt expect though was that you have to actively focus to stay under the speed limit..going through some of these small towns
where the speed is 60 km/h...and OPP stalking around...

if you start daydreaming you can very easily end up doing a lot more if you're not careful( I suspect this can be remedied if you spend more time in rain mode)

Will say though, it makes me want to ride more...thinking of excuses to avoid the relatives so I can go out and ride more
hard to believe there's something faster then an fz09 eh? :ROFLMAO:

Wonder how long the break in service takes? They just check the oil and torque on the hardware right?

Hope I can ride it back the same day(dont mind waiting around)

Wonder how long the break in service takes? They just check the oil and torque on the hardware right?

Hope I can ride it back the same day(dont mind waiting around)
the manual will call out any specifics, if its just oil and torque down then drop it off in the morning and pick it up after work.

They'll almost certainly change the oil and filter, as they'll want to get rid of any shavings that have been worn off from the fresh castings and newly bedded cylinders and rings.

It was 'while U wait' at the independent shop I went to for mine, but the bigger dealership I actually bought the bike at wanted the bike for the day, so I suspect it'll depend on the shop.

Just spoke to the guy at apex, going in for break in service next friday
I asked how much for the 'tech pack' (which unlocks everything including quick shifter)
they said they'll just charge me half an hours labor ?

Legit thought they were gonna charge me an arm and a leg...so kudos to the apex service department!

I asked how much for the 'tech pack' (which unlocks everything including quick shifter)
they said they'll just charge me half an hours labor ?

Legit thought they were gonna charge me an arm and a leg...so kudos to the apex service department!

That's good. Still not impressed by the fact you are paying for something already on your bike... At least this way Apex gets the service revenue as opposed to KTM getting the product revenue.

What's MSRP on the tech pack?

they said they'll just charge me half an hours labor

That's awesome that's all they will charge for it!

Having said that, I don't blame them for charging something...they are using their time and tools it's only fair. Half hour labour is cheap for the upgrade imo.

That's good. Still not impressed by the fact you are paying for something already on your bike... At least this way Apex gets the service revenue as opposed to KTM getting the product revenue.

What's MSRP on the tech pack?

Based on everything i've read its around the 1k ballpark figure

Based on everything i've read its around the 1k ballpark figure
This may be the response to Lightcycles annoyance at paying for something already on the bike. Like the old days of throwing in a "$200 monster hdmi cable" with your TV. The consumer thinks they got a deal so they're happy, the item given to the consumer didn't cost the shop much so they are happy and everybody wins. My brother used to work at a sporting goods store and they had snowboard bags priced at $100 to 150 that cost the store <$20. Same program, crazy margins on some items so you can give them away (or throw them in for a discounted price of $20 to $50) without eroding the margin on the expensive part of the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom