Boomer skills millenials just won't use. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boomer skills millenials just won't use.

timtune

Site Supporter

Scrolling thru some clickbait and found this.

20. Riding Motorcycles​

Replaced by: Other modes of transport
Cause:
Electric scooters
Rather than investing a small fortune on a motorcycle that is classically large and clunky, millennials are opting for renting electric scooters from companies like Bird or Lime. The convenience is unmatched being that you can pick it up and drop it off with no concerns about parking and theft.The cost is another issue, whereas we’ve seen before, millennials are less likely to fork out a large sum or sign a long-term contract if there is an option for pay-as-you-use. The electric scooters are obviously also much better for the environment as they don’t emit any gas, but they just don’t look as good as a Harley.

my favorite is part "don't look as good as a Harley"

Doubling down on clickbail. won't happen to most.
Clickbait topics are only recommended to those whom the algorithm have identified as likely to click. I'm sure there's something in timtune's non-identifying advertising profile that says 'boomer', 'get off my lawn' and maybe a little bit about motorcycles.

Its amazing what you see if you can get someone to open Youtube or Google News on their device. Any topic, any viewpoint, maximum engagement.

Ask a millennial under 32 yes old to multiply 9x7 without a calculator.

No kidding! I remember buying something one day that was $5.50. I gave the girl $10.50 expecting a $5 bill back. She actually got out a calculator to figure out the change…
Amazingly, kids born from about 1998 had little recall development on basic arithmetic -- they were never tested on recall fo single-digit arithmetic.

As an employer, you can sometimes see big productivity losses in those millennials. I recently observed a physical inventory in one of our plants, the 60 year olds with grade 9 education could estimate, add, and multiply without a calculator. The young guy's estimation skills were hopeless, and if they had to tally 7 boxes with 60 parts/box they needed calculators.

No kidding! I remember buying something one day that was $5.50. I gave the girl $10.50 expecting a $5 bill back. She actually got out a calculator to figure out the change…
It's even worse without pennies they don't know how to round up to the nearest 5c.

Clickbait topics are only recommended to those whom the algorithm have identified as likely to click. I'm sure there's something in timtune's non-identifying advertising profile that says 'boomer', 'get off my lawn' and maybe a little bit about motorcycles.

Its amazing what you see if you can get someone to open Youtube or Google News on their device. Any topic, any viewpoint, maximum engagement.
Instagram is even better at discovering yourself, apparently I like european naked bikes, cats, and women in tight pants.

I have a coworker who tries to pull the ol "you're a millennial" card on me. He tends to shut up when I tell him I'm 40 and some can be grandparents.
I have a son pulling the "you're a boomer" card........

Instagram is even better at discovering yourself, apparently I like european naked bikes, cats, and women in tight pants.
Has the algorithm tried compressing that down to catgirls in tight pants riding euro nakeds?

Back
Top Bottom