Boeing 737 Max 8 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boeing 737 Max 8

My Max 8 buddy stuck in Florida finally got another flight a day late out of another airport.................................then Pearson caught fire so back to the drawing board.

I know one who is going through 737 training right now, probably would not be allowed to comment because he like his job.
Boing will fix it.

I would hazard he couldn’t comment if the designers , engineers and current certified pilots don’t know exactly what’s going on. Guy in the training loop isn’t going to have a lot of insight.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

As expected, US has started a grand jury to review Max 8 design process.

This little gem (if true) shows how far Boeings head is up its ass.
"Tajer said airline officials told the unions that Boeing intends to offer pilots about a 15-minute iPad course to train them on the new flight-control software on Max jets that is suspected of playing a role in the crashes. He called that amount of training unacceptable "

U.S. prosecutors looking into development of Boeing jets

Reactions: J_F
Its more than 50 years since the original 737 first flew.

Yep, my bad, I was thinking about a different model clearly.

has the twitter storm from the orange one started yet?

That happened a few days ago. He was thoroughly lampooned for it.

I try not to watch anything the orange one says.

I try to avoid it as well, but it's like a trainwreck anymore...just can't take your eyes off it.

The Boeing CEO has vowed to improve the safety of their planes as lives are at stake. No bleeping $#!t. How about you don't release a system with no redundancy that takes control away from the pilots? How's that for a good design?

wonder if there will be any cancellation of future deliveries over this?
could be a win for Bombardier, who's stock is a bargain ATM

The Boeing CEO has vowed to improve the safety of their planes as lives are at stake. No bleeping $#!t. How about you don't release a system with no redundancy that takes control away from the pilots? How's that for a good design?

Boeing muttered something about the market pressured them into the rush delivery.

Boeing muttered something about the market pressured them into the rush delivery.

well there is that little bit where the Lord of trade war Donald, kicked Bombardier and Airbus pretty hard, it may have made Boeing work pretty fast to fill a gap. At least the planes are parked for now and not flying over my house.

wonder if there will be any cancellation of future deliveries over this?
could be a win for Bombardier, who's stock is a bargain ATM
Air Canada has refused to accept delivery of their next few Max 8's due in March and April. Now that is partly semantics as they can't be delivered anyway as they are all grounded. I'm not sure what their conditions are for accepting them (i.e. will they want a hardware fix or will a software fix/training be acceptable to AC).

The blaming pilot training thing makes me shake my head. To put it in perspective, if the ABS/TCS/SCS misreads road conditions (due to poor design) and goes haywire on my car (overrides the brakes or steering) and I crash. is it driver error that I did not turn off the system in the emergency???

Could I have avoided the crash by turning it off, yes if I had enough time and knew how to (that is the training) BUT it should never have been in that situation in the first place.

Training how to disable/override/etc. a known bad system should never be the first line.... flying close to the ground and having systems telling the pilots contradictory info and overriding their input is a recipe for disaster.

An interesting read.... deadhead knew how to fix the problem likely from having to do so in the past. Sure training....but it should not be doing these things.

I don't think anyone is seriously "blaming" the pilot training in isolation of anything else. Air crash investigations are much more thorough than typical road traffic collision investigations and they will look at numerous contributing factors in considerable depth. There's little doubt at this point that there is at least one known technical fault with the flight control system ... that's why the entire worldwide fleet is grounded; they wouldn't have done that otherwise. It also appears that Boeing glossed over how MCAS works in their training for pilots on this airplane. It's a contributing factor ... training (or lack thereof) isn't going to be taking the sole blame for these two crashes.

The blaming pilot training thing makes me shake my head. To put it in perspective, if the ABS/TCS/SCS misreads road conditions (due to poor design) and goes haywire on my car (overrides the brakes or steering) and I crash. is it driver error that I did not turn off the system in the emergency???

Could I have avoided the crash by turning it off, yes if I had enough time and knew how to (that is the training) BUT it should never have been in that situation in the first place.

Training how to disable/override/etc. a known bad system should never be the first line.... flying close to the ground and having systems telling the pilots contradictory info and overriding their input is a recipe for disaster.

An interesting read.... deadhead knew how to fix the problem likely from having to do so in the past. Sure training....but it should not be doing these things.

How many people driving cars with keyless ignitions know how to stop the car in case of a malfunction, while moving down the highway. It's in the manual.

Yes - it is. If you hit me I'd be really miffed that you blamed the car. I expect my fellow drivers to understand the systems they have come to depend on.
Here's the thing, they were supposed to have been trained to handle an autopilot failure, they had time. This has happened to other pilots, in fact the Lion Air plane that malfunctioned was 'saved' by an astute deadhead pilot who knew exactly what to do.
I'm no expert on piloting or avionics but I'm guessing the first line ought to be pilot takes control from autopilot and flys the plane.
That's true -- the plane should not malfunction. Planes are smart enough to fly themselves or be flown from the ground - we put pilots in the plane for a reason. Ever wonder why 2 tiny airlines with a couple of planes are the bad examples?

Boeing's and the FAA's (inaccurate) position
that the Max planes did not require training for airlines currently flying 737's
is going to be key when the investigations are said and done

an obvious ploy to give Boeing a competitive advantage over AirBus with existing fleet owners
Capitalism is great, but some things need to be regulated for public safety
FAA tossed the keys to Boeing on this

and what's this about tiny airlines?

both Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines have over 100 passenger jets each
Lion has 114 737's

if that's tiny, then so is Westjet

Back
Top Bottom