Boeing 737 Max 8 | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boeing 737 Max 8

I don't mean that particular plane but same model
that's what i mean, it's not the same. The article says the plane was put into service 27 years ago.

It was the Max 8 737's that had the 2 crashes a few years back and have just been OK'ed to fly again.
This one was a 737-500. Much older Boeing 737 model with no particular documented issues like the Max 8. Southwest Airlines had a bunch in their fleet but has retired all of them as of 2016.

737-500 is a second generation 737, circa 1987. Technically would be a perfectly good airplane, but they are undesirable for most airlines these days because of their low passenger capacity (132 in sardine configuration vs 184 of a 737-800). Not really much is known about what happened at this point... don't know if it's accurate or not but Flightradar shows a fairly normal ascent before it suddenly falls out of the sky like a rock. Sriwijaya Air flight 182 crashes near Jakarta | Flightradar24 Blog

As others have said, not a Max 8. Fisherman are reporting an explosion followed by a splash. Planes dont normally explode in the air without help. Obviously eyewitness accounts can be mistaken. Rov and divers deployed to area, black box pings detected. Answers should come eventually.

I think current culture at Boeing is horrendous and a good portion of their organizational tree belongs in jail but highly doubt they will be at all responsible for this crash.

As others have said, not a Max 8. Fisherman are reporting an explosion followed by a splash. Planes dont normally explode in the air without help. Obviously eyewitness accounts can be mistaken. Rov and divers deployed to area, black box pings detected. Answers should come eventually.

I think current culture at Boeing is horrendous and a good portion of their organizational tree belongs in jail but highly doubt they will be at all responsible for this crash.

Agreed but some people will connect non existent dots to the Max 8. The supposed explosion has to be confirmed but with the rate of drop it makes sense. IIRC a Hawaiian 737 lost it's roof decades ago with island hopping being part of the cause, pressure flexing. They landed safely except for losing one stewardess. Was this plane an island hopper?

Plane exploding in mid air just after takeoff from a country with a history of terrorist activity... I think boeing may not be responsible for this one.

Parts found in 23m of water. Should be able to put together a good picture of what happened.

Turbine wheel in pic below. All blades broken off or fallen out. Those do not come apart easily. I would be surprised if a bomb in the fuselage could cause that much damage. So uncontained engine explosion (I would doubt that is loud enough for what fishermen described) or something else was the root cause and the engine was running when it hit the water?

CP114820772-scaled.jpg

Upon further inspection, holy hell is that messed up. There appears to be a ring cracked off from the centre of the turbine wheel and one of the tombstones is broken off.

EDIT:
So far reports say plane was intact when it hit the water. Pics are brutal. Wheels broken in half, etc. It had a crazy amount of energy when it hit the water if that's the case. It will be interesting to hear how the explosion heard fits in with an intact crash. Maybe a part or two tore off during the dive and caused the noise?

Last edited:
Flying to BC and planes both ways are apparently Max 8's. What happened to the rebranding so people didn't make the connection? Oh well, it's probably safe now as it had light shone on it. The rest of Boeings fleet however :/

Back
Top Bottom