Boeing 737 Max 8 | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boeing 737 Max 8

Boeing CEO is out.

(Who would want that job, given what's happening ... ? ? ?)
The Boeing boards heads are so far up their *****, they released this?

"The board said a change in leadership was necessary to restore confidence in the company as it works to repair relationships with regulators and stakeholders. "

"The board’s current chairman David Calhoun will become president and CEO on January 13. "

So a change in leadership is required and you replace the CEO with the chairman? smh. Obviously the problems extend right through the Boeing board.

EDIT:

Boeing execs are not going to be happy about this sound bite from a Notre Dame prof. I wonder how deep the ties run between Boeings money and academia.

After deadly crashes of marquee aircraft, Boeing CEO is out

“The company appears to have known about safety issues for quite some time. This indicates that there might be more fundamental cultural issues at the company,” said Tim Hubbard, assistant professor of management at the University of Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business. “Furthermore, the recent failure of a rocket test launch indicates that the company might not be as innovative as they once were. Increasing innovativeness and changing the culture of a company the size of Boeing is challenging. One way to jump start changes at Boeing could be new leadership.”

Last edited:
Boeing CEO is out.

(Who would want that job, given what's happening ... ? ? ?)

I bet there are lots of people after that job
massive problems to solve but still a well capitalized company
they will survive

whomever is at the helm during the turmoil and returns the company to profitability
will be in a position to ask for a blank cheque for the next place they go raid for personal gain

...........whomever is at the helm during the turmoil and returns the company to profitability
will be in a position to ask for a blank cheque for the next place they go raid for personal gain....
...my thoughts exactly.

Updated press release, DM was fired. He did not quit. Apparently he ****** off the FAA one too many times and his attitude of still being in control of the recertification process and able to push the process according to his business needs was counterproductive. Who would have thought that ignoring everything that your overseer is telling you and in fact issuing press releases that state the exact opposite wasn't a good plan? *****.

At Boeing, C.E.O.’s Stumbles Deepen a Crisis

EDIT:

"Muilenburg was eligible for $39 million in cash severance, stock and bonuses based on Boeing's stock price of $322.50 at the end of last year, according to a Boeing securities filing. "

So your decisions literally resulted in hundreds of preventable deaths as you put profit ahead of safety and you get a 40,000,000 cheque. Hopefully he gets prosecuted and the government wipes him out as proceeds of crime. That may make future bean counters a little more accountable.

Last edited:
the '08 crash didn't directly kill anyone
but it wiped trillions in value from the markets
millions had their 401K's reduced to nil

no one went to prison for that fraud scheme
and TARP money was used to reward the perps with bonuses

rarely does white collar crime get successfully prosecuted
the scumbags have better lawyers

he may end up with a massive personal fine if prosectuted, paid out by the Directors insurance policy at Boeing , since he was there at the time.
He'll retreat to one of his homes and only drink the $200 bottles of wine for while, and weigh his job offers. Corporations like profit driven CEO's

Wankers. Another batch of apparently damning documents released to faa. More of the same (to paraphrase) "this is unsafe", "no concern or regulator will affect our production schedule".

“Staff are continuing to review these records, but similar to other records previously disclosed by Boeing, the records appear to point to a very disturbing picture of both concerns expressed by Boeing employees about the company’s commitment to safety and efforts by some employees to ensure Boeing’s production plans were not diverted by regulators or others," it said.

Boeing, in response, acknowledged the latest documents could prove damaging.

The company said “as with prior documents referenced by the committee, the tone and content of some of these communications does not reflect the company we are and need to be.

Now that the FAA is conducting a proper review of the design, the hits keep coming. Wiring bundles not properly protected which could cause loss of control of the tail. Current guesses are march or later for FAA approval and then a few months to get them in the air again.

How much if any damage will there be due to the planes sitting parked for a year? I imagine they are doing something to mitigate the non-use time....

How much if any damage will there be due to the planes sitting parked for a year? I imagine they are doing something to mitigate the non-use time....
There has been some discussion about that. The planes do not like to sit. For quite a while, there were teams roving around to all the parked planes to keep them happy (IIRC they were doing weekly and monthly checklists to keep everything moving free). At a certain point, there were too many parked planes and not enough qualified staff and with no end in sight, many of the planes got put into long-term storage. Bringing them out of that state is an ordeal that takes quite a bit of time from a qualified team. That will add months to the process of getting them all in the air (but can probably be concurrent with pilot training).

I am really interested on whether Boeing can escape simulator training. If they can't, does that make the 737 Max a different type so pilots can only fly either the max or legacy 737's? If it gets a different type rating, that is a nightmare for Boeing (probably only second to the fleet being permanently grounded). Airlines loved the flexibility of all 737 pilots being allowed to fly all 737's, if that disappears they should sue the hell out of Boeing for the extra costs (although Boeing could bury it by giving them discounted planes to stop the press).

Now that the FAA is conducting a proper review of the design, the hits keep coming. Wiring bundles not properly protected which could cause loss of control of the tail. Current guesses are march or later for FAA approval and then a few months to get them in the air again.

[/URL]

"While assembling the Max, workers at Boeing’s Renton, Wash., factory had ground down the outer shell of a panel that sits atop the engine housing in an effort to ensure a better fit into the plane. In doing so, they inadvertently removed the coating that insulates the panel from a lightning strike, taking away a crucial protection for the fuel tank and fuel lines."

I'll fix it. Hold my beer.

Now Boeing is recommending simulator training for pilots (after blaming crap ass foreign pilots, then letting north american pilots try unsuccessfully to save the plane in a simulator). Their tune has changed substantially with the new CEO.

The bean counters are going to crap a brick over this. Boeing will likely be on the hook for all pilot training costs as they advertised the plane as only needing a one-hour ipad course to fly. IRC there are only a couple 737 max simulators in the world (and they didn't properly model MCAS). Simulator training could delay the return to air by more months.

Boeing now saying pilots need simulator training for 737 Max

I suspect that this was inescapable. The question now, is what that training is going to be for ... i.e. to what extent the plane is going to be modified.

CAE in Montreal builds the simulators, there are about 20 around , CAE has sold about 48 more and delivered about 9 . It takes a while to make these things. There stock is UP for people that follow such things.
Even harder is hireing pilots , AC needs about 350 more if Boeing comes into rotation, then as others have said recommisioning aircraft that have sat for a year.

I suspect that this was inescapable. The question now, is what that training is going to be for ... i.e. to what extent the plane is going to be modified.

When is a 737 no longer a 737 and pilot interchangeability becomes an issue?

There are a few models of 737 and they all fly a bit different so pilot interchangeability is already a thing . You want the guy sitting in the pointy end to know the plane your sitting in the fat part.

The training going forward will be to whatever level the Suits determine is required . In the first world . Get on an AirRhodesia flight at your own risk .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

not realated to the Max
but that 737-800 downing in Iran is pretty awful

just a guess
but I figure a heat seeker found it's signature

Back
Top Bottom