Bobcaygeon OPP | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bobcaygeon OPP

How often are the details of an investigation made public? I would really like to know what happened to the guy that killed Joe Cotou in Guelph.News media is soooo bad.In this article,they say the bike collided with the truck! The driver of the truck said to me, " i blew the stop sign".

Not much to disagree with on either side of this discussion. I am wondering why we have heard zero after 2 weeks. I would imagine the situation was and sequence of events was mapped out in 1 day, why the silence?

If this did not involve police, we would know in 1-2 days if charges were going to be laid.

Gossip is the devil. Release information prematurely and it spreads like wildfire. Correct it later and no one hears the edited version because they're to busy spreading the erroneous version.

Sometimes it takes months to lay charges. Yes it could be a face saver report but the OPP did not start this. I'm surprised no one has suggested the Roy Rogers shoot the gun out of his hand method.

Gossip is the devil. Release information prematurely and it spreads like wildfire. Correct it later and no one hears the edited version because they're to busy spreading the erroneous version.

Sometimes it takes months to lay charges. Yes it could be a face saver report but the OPP did not start this. I'm surprised no one has suggested the Roy Rogers shoot the gun out of his hand method.
What kind of self respecting lawman cant quickdraw and fire from the hip to hit someone in the hand. Where did the pioneer spirit go? For shame Canada.

The public is very impatient...
A thoughough investigation takes time. Its not like on TV were CSi can wrap up a case in 60min. including commercials.

Ive seen a few cases, one currently ongoing that took months, and no deaths were involved.

SIU just released a statement inregards to the investigation this morning.

In my opinoin itll be a few weeks if not a month or 2 before you hear any update or outcome.

Why are they saying the father died from his injuries?

was he not shot or did he wreck the truck that caused the injury that he died from

They always say that when the injuries are the result of an exchange with armed officers.

Link to statement: Special Investigations Unit -- News Release

TLDR; SIU asking for patience
There is some clear BS politics going on in there. Not sure whether it is obstructionist or ingrained in law.

"The police-issued firearms will be submitted to the CFS in line with their procedures once the SIU is granted approval to do so from the Centre for Forensic Sciences."

So they haven't even submitted the police firearms to begin examination. No way to tell if you were at fault if you never bother looking at the evidence (or at least keep kicking the can down the road until people forget).

I completely missed that. That does seem kinda odd, but I can't claim to know how the wheels of the SIU or the CFS turn. I do know that forensic analysis isn't instant ala CSI, but the clock hasn't even started ticking on that yet apparently.

There is some clear BS politics going on in there. Not sure whether it is obstructionist or ingrained in law.

"The police-issued firearms will be submitted to the CFS in line with their procedures once the SIU is granted approval to do so from the Centre for Forensic Sciences."

So they haven't even submitted the police firearms to begin examination. No way to tell if you were at fault if you never bother looking at the evidence (or at least keep kicking the can down the road until people forget).

The fathers gun was submitted to the CFS... If it was his gun that killed the child.. That info would be leaked asap.
IMO... the silence just confirms that it wasn't his gun that killed the baby.

The fathers gun was submitted to the CFS... If it was his gun that killed the child.. That info would be leaked asap.
IMO... the silence just confirms that it wasn't his gun that killed the baby.

I don't disagree but the cops didn't start this fiasco. If it was a cop that pulled the fatal trigger it was tragic collateral damage. Easing out the news might give people time to accept the reality of who was responsible for the mess.

I don't disagree but the cops didn't start this fiasco. If it was a cop that pulled the fatal trigger it was tragic collateral damage. Easing out the news might give people time to accept the reality of who was responsible for the mess.
If that was the unfortunate set of circumstances, I doubt the news will ever be officially released. SIU will say no criminal charges are warranted, further details are not being released out of respect for the family.

Some times the only conspiracy is that there's no conspiracy at all.

I think what most people don't realize about these investigations is the volume of data that has to be collected, organized, analyzed etc.

In cases were there is death involved... Tripple that pile of data.

Some times the only conspiracy is that there's no conspiracy at all.

I think what most people don't realize about these investigations is the volume of data that has to be collected, organized, analyzed etc.

In cases were there is death involved... Tripple that pile of data.
I don't expect conclusions quickly. I am appalled that they haven't even started analysis on all the weapons involved. That stinks. That should be near the top of the pile and can easily occur in parallel with the other parts of the investigation.

I don't expect conclusions quickly. I am appalled that they haven't even started analysis on all the weapons involved. That stinks. That should be near the top of the pile and can easily occur in parallel with the other parts of the investigation.

I once shut down a church on ground fault. During the week it shouldn't have mattered but someone had spent the morning programming without saving. (Jesus saves). The first thing I did, as would any reasonable person, was to make sure it wasn't my fault. If it was I would have to get creative.

I suspect the OPP is in creative mode. This is not all bad as it take time for people to come to grips. If an officer pulled the fatal trigger he may need counselling not harassment. That takes time.

This could affect the officers future performance. Going forward he may be more hesitant to draw his weapon and suffer for that. This is not simple.

I once shut down a church on ground fault. During the week it shouldn't have mattered but someone had spent the morning programming without saving. (Jesus saves). The first thing I did, as would any reasonable person, was to make sure it wasn't my fault. If it was I would have to get creative.

I suspect the OPP is in creative mode. This is not all bad as it take time for people to come to grips. If an officer pulled the fatal trigger he may need counselling not harassment. That takes time.

This could affect the officers future performance. Going forward he may be more hesitant to draw his weapon and suffer for that. This is not simple.
I agree. Even if an officers bullet is found to be the cause, that doesn't automatically make me blame the officer. I have no idea what happened or where people were situated. At least two of the officers weapons collected were rifles so as a starting point, it appears they were doing what they could to put accurate shots on target. Sadly, nobody hits 100% of the time (or it was a through and through and that is a department ammunition selection issue, not an officer issue at all). I also don't expect an officer to stand there and get shot at without returning fire.

I just don't like the stink wafting off the investigation. It just reeks of them stalling. It may be the best approach based on the reasons you stated, but actively delaying an investigation does nothing to help the publics' confidence/relationship with the police. I often lean towards releasing accurate information as quickly as possible even if you don't like what it has to say. Obviously gathering accurate information takes time, but actively avoiding gathering critical information just drives me nuts.

if you don't have a subscription www.outline.com

if you don't have a subscription www.outline.com
Such bs spin. "We'd rather be right than fast" but we havent interviewed any of the officers or tested the weapons. So the true answer is there is no pressure for a timely resolution.

Back
Top Bottom