Boars in Pickering | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boars in Pickering

What are you talking about? permission from police? Court cases?
it'a n MNR issue... they don't need the police's permission to do their jobs. They might ask the police to be involved for citizen safety reasons, set up perimeter, etc.. but it won't be a police led operation.
If MNR wanted to use firearms within Pickering, I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that the police would object for a litany of reasons.

So if you can't shoot them, but they can be trapped, what happens to them then?

So if you can't shoot them, but they can be trapped, what happens to them then?
MNR has said they will probably be "euthanized". No details on the mechanism. Probably $150 a needle from a vet instead of $2 each for lead poisoning (and hell, you could probably bolt them for $0 a pull).

That guy is enjoying himself a little too much.

I agree with the tactic in the end (solving the problem from a helicopter in about 20 minutes would be the most cost effective way) but I'd like to think MNR personnel would be more professional about it.

And yeah, being close to urban areas complicates it. Up north a MNR helicopter flying around shooting things wouldn't attract much more than a few old guys talking about it at the local greasy spoon. Down here in Southern Ontario? The animal rights crazies and every Karen in a 100km radius would go off the deep end.

They could put them in a fenced area and let the Karen's go in to feed them.

If it were up to the City of Toronto they'd let them run wild and proclaim that "animals are part of our natural environment and we need to get along with them". At least that's their excuse for the mangy coyotes they refuse to cull, who instead get to die slow agonizing deaths in public parks.

I hear wild pig/boar meat isn't actually all that good despite all the joking...care to comment @GateKeeper ?

Pigs are interesting creatures when it comes to adapting to the wild. A normal farm pig that escapes into the wild will immediatly find food, within weeks begin to grow a sturdy fur coat and tusks after just a few days will exhibit defensive skill sufficient to fend off all predators. 30 days and it's a full-on feral beast .
Again, spot on.....today one of my clients who is a vet told me exactly those same things.

Yeah, if Subway comes out with a 4 dollar pulled pork sandwich, I'd steer clear. They got caught by some group who had their chicken meat tested . Apparently no chicken DNA was detected...as I recall.............this happened in the States.
Tuna was 0% tuna and chicken was some chicken and lots of not chicken IIRC.

Tuna was 0% tuna and chicken was some chicken and lots of not chicken IIRC.

The chicken patties have always been suspect, but as someone who in my youth worked at a Subway for about 3 years, and managed it for a few months of those, I can assure everyone....the Tuna is very much real tuna. The giant heavy cans and the smell are still burned into my brain, and nothing has changed - I occasionally deliver to the foodservice that supplies Subway and rest assured, the cans of tuna are still very much tuna. It's simply mixed with mayo in the store until it's the right consistency, and that's it.

The people who filed that lawsuit are off their rockers.

The chicken patties have always been suspect, but as someone who in my youth worked at a Subway for about 3 years, and managed it for a few months of those, I can assure everyone....the Tuna is very much real tuna. The giant heavy cans and the smell are still burned into my brain, and nothing has changed - I occasionally deliver to the foodservice that supplies Subway and rest assured, the cans of tuna are still very much tuna. It's simply mixed with mayo in the store until it's the right consistency, and that's it.

The people who filed that lawsuit are off their rockers.
That all makes sense to me but it seems trivial for subway to rebut the claims with a paper trail and/or tests from a lab. I find it very strange that they havent done either.

That all makes sense to me but it seems trivial for subway to rebut the claims with a paper trail and/or tests from a lab. I find it very strange that they havent done either.
It is fish but not always tuna apparently it is the stuff that falls off the conveyor belt during processing for better quality fish. Basically floor sweepins and common practice.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

It is fish but not always tuna apparently it is the stuff that falls off the conveyor belt during processing for better quality fish. Basically floor sweepins and common practice.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
Ignorance is bliss sometimes…

Back
Top Bottom