Bike keys left in the bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike keys left in the bike

Correct me if i'm wrong,but i think if your insurance company proves that you left the keys in and it's stolen,your insurance is null and void.

Nope it’s still theft.
Same goes for your house.
I had a job a few years back were a house was left unlocked. Owner went to the cottage for the weekend. Bunch of kids moved in and through a party and trashed the place. $150,000 in damages, insurance covered it.

Actually come to think of it I’ve had two jobs like that.
Seems people quite often forget to lock the patio doors.

Lost the bike keys in Wisconsin at a muesum. Looked all over only to find them in a saddle bag lock.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but i think if your insurance company proves that you left the keys in and it's stolen,your insurance is null and void.

Not sure about keys but I did have an unlocked vehicle burgled by a punk ass kid.
First had the fight with the cops over whether to charge the minor. Won that
Secondly had the fight with insurance company over contents. Won that too

As above poster stated, there is nothing illegal about leaving vehicles unlocked/with keys in. The illegal part is the theft.

If your insurance has a clause (read your policies people) that states that IF you leave your keys in ignition theft claims will not be payed out...guess what? You'd be in violation of the policy but not the law.

Years ago there used to be a charge called "insecure to theft".i guess things have changed.

What does your policy state? Mine has a clause about personal owned property. I can leave my vehicle unlocked and running in my own drive, but all other claims would be investigated by fraud dept.

When I asked my agent and used the concert scenario he said it would be up to the insurance company to determine whether I had purposely left the keys in (to be stolen) or whether it was simple absent-mindedness. Lol- clear as mud.

Read what you signed for is my best advice

... and for you guys saying they would take the keys out of someone else's bike without the owner's permission... that's easily construed as theft.

... and for you guys saying they would take the keys out of someone else's bike without the owner's permission... that's easily construed as theft.
Lol. Then i'd lose the keys in a gutter before giving the owner them back.

F that nonsense.

Did the Pistols ever play a show outside the UK? I thought they broke up and Sid and Nancy came the the US for a bit, before he offed himself ( she helped) . It was a very long time ago .....

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Reactions: TK4
Did the Pistols ever play a show outside the UK? I thought they broke up and Sid and Nancy came the the US for a bit, before he offed himself ( she helped) . It was a very long time ago .....

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I was a kid at the time they were in the spotlight. The band was formed around lead singer Jonny Rotten, bassist Simon Ritchie (Sid Vicious) became notorious for being crazy and violent. After killing his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, beating of a rival punk rocker, he died by herion OD.

The band played a small US tour in the late 70s. The remaining group members did another US tour in the early 90s.

I know they played San Francisco, I don’t think they were very well received by the Americans .

The Pistols played a country and western bar in Texas.
It was as you would imagine... I would have loved to have been there.

The US tour was to get Sid away from the heroin.
Didn't work.

Since this is a slight Sex Pistols thread derailment:
I read a story about how Malcolm McClaren (so?) who was their manager, would set up shows and then not let the band go to them.
It became quite a thing to buy tix to their shows to just see if they would actually show up.
God Save The Queen

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'd say just leave them.

Yes the Pistons did come here, I'over 15 years ago. When the Bud stage was still called Molson Amphitheater. "Hello Toronto you Fook ing CU next tuesdays". Yeah baby!!!!

Obviously Sid was dead.

That makes more sense, it was the "remaining pistols" . I was a big fan when Never Mind the Bollocks album came out, Malcolm McLaren was a marketing genius (or nutcase) that took some angry drunks and created legend.

I was a kid at the time they were in the spotlight. The band was formed around lead singer Jonny Rotten, bassist Simon Ritchie (Sid Vicious) became notorious for being crazy and violent. After killing his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, beating of a rival punk rocker, he died by herion OD.

The band played a small US tour in the late 70s. The remaining group members did another US tour in the early 90s.

Sid didn't know how to play the bass...
He only did a song or two on the bullocks album... everything else was the guitarist.
He wouldn't even be plugged in some of the shows.
He was part of the band only because of his image.

Back
Top Bottom