Bike keys left in the bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike keys left in the bike

Really..?

How about MYOB..
I think too many people nowadays just mind their own business, (or maybe just oblivious??)
I'm old school where I think I wanna help out, if I can.
On a related note, if anyone sees a purple Shadow with the keys left in it, take the keys out and look for the nearest ice cream or burger joint, I'll probably be in there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If in the ignition, leave it there, if in the seat/trunk lock, put it in the ignition. Hardly anyone can drive a manual, let alone know where the clutch and brake are on a motorcycle. A thief will also not have a helmet and stick out for police.

I'd rather have to call someone that held onto my keys doing me a favor. I've left it in the seat lock and ignition before. Thankfully not for long and was there when I realized it.

Reactions: TK4
Let me put it to you this way - wouldn't you rather have an honest person holding your key AND insuring that you are who you say you are before giving them back than leaving the key where it is for the vultures ? I guess not...

You guess right.
Don't touch my stuff... Especially if you're some random stranger.
And like hell I'm going to prove to you who I am so you'll hand over "my" keys.
'Last time I checked "theft" was still under Sec 322 or the CCC

Last edited:
You guess right.
Good luck getting police to lay that charge.

You guess right.

Be sure to put a “Do not steal my keys” sticker on your bike then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to put a “Do not steal my keys” sticker on your bike then.
By law you are no longer required to post your property in order to press trespassing charges, on the premiss that offenders know darn well it is not their property.

By law you are no longer required to post your property in order to press trespassing charges, on the premiss that offenders know darn well it is not their property.

@Trials, my comment was ‘tongue in cheek’.

That would be as useful as putting a “Don’t steal my bike if I’ve left the keys in it” sticker on the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(y) we need a sarcasm font.

You guess right.
Seriously ? I guess you'd rather just have your bike outright stolen. That makes sense (not).

You guess right.

I hope people reading this don't think that *everyone* has the same attitude, and then won't bother to lend a helping hand.

For the record, if I leave my keys in the seat lock or in the ignition and you're in the area, please keep my keys safe and I'll come pick them up with proof of motorcycle ownership. And thank you for being a Good Samaritan.

I hope people reading this don't think that *everyone* has the same attitude, and then won't bother to lend a helping hand.

For the record, if I leave my keys in the seat lock or in the ignition and you're in the area, please keep my keys safe and I'll come pick them up with proof of motorcycle ownership. And thank you for being a Good Samaritan.
I'm confused :/ are you inviting people to take your keys to protect your stuff from being taken?
Are they suppose to stand there and wait for you to return or drop them at the local police station?

I live by don't touch my junk and I won't touch yours.

I'm confused :/ are you inviting people to take your keys to protect your stuff from being taken?
Are they suppose to stand there and wait for you to return or drop them at the local police station?

Just leaving a note with a phone number to call should be enough, shouldn't it ?
And I promise to NEVER touch your junk....

What if somebody messes with the note? That would ruin my week.

How about, leave a note that says:
You left your keys in the ignition, so I locked them under your saddle for you. signed Anonymous Person
PS hope you have a spare key.

Last edited:
I have my phone number on all my key rings. It's only been useful once - I dropped them in a supermarket years ago, the finder called me while I was still in the store.

I do the same on my cellphone, the screen saver has my lost number typed out along the bottom.

You must be a fun date lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Seriously ? I guess you'd rather just have your bike outright stolen. That makes sense (not).

I have insurance.
'Look... You wanna be a nice guy good Samaritan...?
'Stand there and watch that my bike doesn't get stolen, but... Don't touch my keys.
I may have made the decision to leave them in the ignition. That's my choice.
I don't need some one taking it upon themselves to interfere with my day.

Back
Top Bottom