Best street tires - Advice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best street tires - Advice

Klaatu

Site Supporter
I want to put the best street tires on my BMW
I need F-110/80-19 R-140/80-17
Thinking Battlax
Never going off road.
Good choice or something else ( I'm old, don't care about cost)

BMW F700gs. I do about 8000 km a season. Mostly riding north or east, 2 hours, break for lunch and ride back.
Not really an aggressive rider but I want grip if I go into a corner a little too fast.

Questions:
1. Do you ride early and late in the season when the pavement temps start to cool
2. Do you ride in the rain or damp
If yes to both or either, then a sport touring tire like Michelin Road 6/Dunlop Roadsmart 4(or Mutant)/Metzler Roadtec 1

I'm partial to the road series, but they're expensive and don't seem to last long.

Questions:
1. Do you ride early and late in the season when the pavement temps start to cool
2. Do you ride in the rain or damp
If yes to both or either, then a sport touring tire like Michelin Road 6/Dunlop Roadsmart 4(or Mutant)/Metzler Roadtec 1
I only ride to the end of Oct. I try not go out in the rain.
I don't have a problem if they don't last long.

I love the Michelin Road 4, 5 or 6 tires for immediate grip, wet traction if needed and I get good enough longevity out of them (30k off a front and 15-20k off a rear).

Here's a side by side comparison of the tread difference between the Road 5's and Road 6's:

I love the Michelin Road 4, 5 or 6 tires for immediate grip, wet traction if needed and I get good enough longevity out of them (30k off a front and 15-20k off a rear).

Here's a side by side comparison of the tread difference between the Road 5's and Road 6's:
@shanekingsley - that's awesome mileage! Michelin RPs were my go-to tires for years... until I tried Metzler's Tourance on my DL650. To me the grip was better in the rain and I got what I thought was excellent life from them -- nearly 20,000KM. Can't compare to RPs as I've never had them on that bike. They are supposed to be 95% road and 5% off-road, I've never found a 5% offroad.

I've always used the heavier RP5 on my FJR -- my best ever is 15,000km with the GT version, 10,000 on the standard RP5.

The stock tires on the Ducati Scramblers are Pirelli MT60's. They had surprising grip on the side and look appropriate for your bike.

Back
Top Bottom