Best sport touring bikes for long distance | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best sport touring bikes for long distance

Is that a VFR joke? 6800 or 7000 RPM?
:geek:

VFR, Civic, Integra, take your pick!

vtec1.jpg

I have a silver one on order. I had a 2019 Tracer GT...if you have any questions about these bikes, feel free to ask or PM me.

Cheers

Rob

What's the ETA on this new bike?
Would love to see it in person.

Biased but... This thing got me from the GTA to BC and back twice so far...
Damn plague thwarted trip #3 last year so... 'Planning on going this summer..
1000km days.... No problem.

v9cLyhT.jpg

vsSrFME.jpg

vLvrJ9V.jpg

Last edited:
What's the ETA on this new bike?
Would love to see it in person.
That IS the question.
I was told April - which I presumed meant May.
We shall see.
They are arriving at dealerships in parts of Europe now.

Last edited:
1 vote for the FJR, I'm 6'2" seat in high position, touring windscreen, great protection, shaft drive, POWER, if you want to go far it is a great place to sit. We also have a new Versys 1000 STE, mellow for 1000 till you rev it, every electronic add on you can think of, very light steering, upright, less wind protection than the FJR, also a very nice place to spend along time. Wife looked at the Tracer 900gt but took the Versys. Really depends on what touring means to you, lunch in Muskoka, or 10 days going around lake Superior. 1000km on the slab or 400km of twisty sideroads. Hard to find one do it all bike, that's why you need just 2, or 3!

since we got a bunch of past/present/future owners....how did ya'll find the wind protection on the tracer GT?

my vote. Kawasaki Concours , great power, good wind protection and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
I added a Black Widow exhaust and a flash from Ivans performance to add a little more sport to the tour.

Attachments

• DSC_0036 (2).JPG
    DSC_0036 (2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Biased but... This thing got me from the GTA to BC and back twice so far...
Damn plague thwarted trip #3 last year so... 'Planning on going this summer..
1000km days.... No problem.

v9cLyhT.jpg

vsSrFME.jpg

vLvrJ9V.jpg
I'm in this FJR camp too, although I've had a lot of fun on my Wee and think it's a formidable touring bike. The FJR, despite it's heft, does quite nicely on the tight and technical roads.

Unlike the Wee, when I'm on my FJR and see a see a giant sweeper ahead, I drop her down real slow before entering just so I get to feel the Gs build for a little longer.

It's also good to know many FJR owners will go 100+K without touching anything other than oil, filters and tires?

since we got a bunch of past/present/future owners....how did ya'll find the wind protection on the tracer GT?

My 2019 seems to offer OK wind protection for my tastes. But it doesn't prevent the wind from hitting your helmet.
This bike is more sport than touring in my opinion, in A mode, it will rip your face off if you let it.
I spend most of time in B Mode (I call it Grampa mode but I don't ride like Grampa).

For the ducati owners, does the heat become pleasant in the early/late season?

I found it to be sufficient.
The windscreen is the biggest complaint on the various model years, for the buffeting it causes at any height.
Lots of riders go for a taller screen, but those in the know go shorter.
You get more air, but it’s “clean” air without turbulence.

Without lower fairings, your legs are more exposed, but I didn’t find it too bad.

Rob

The windscreen is the biggest complaint on the various model years, for the buffeting it causes at any height.
Lots of riders go for a taller screen, but those in the know go shorter.
You get more air, but it’s “clean” air without turbulence.

Exactly!

Took me years to figure that out, after the aftermarket windscreens kept getting bigger and taller.

I just replaced the stock windscreen with a shortie and I'm much happier now.

Bike also looks a lot better too!

If this is truly the case, why didn't yall go the naked route? It sounds to me that more air that is clean is better than less air that is turbulent or buffeting

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

If this is truly the case, why didn't yall go the naked route? It sounds to me that more air that is clean is better than less air that is turbulent or buffeting

It's a symptom of adventure-style and other touring bikes. The windscreen is so far away from the rider that the taller the windscreen is, that distance generates more of a buffeting effect. So owners raise the stakes by putting larger and taller screens on until you're literally sitting behind a wall of lexan.

Ask me how I know:

101600235-L.jpg

When really, the correct answer is to go smaller to get cleaner air, instead of trying to fight the buffeting-battle, and making your ADV bike look like a Harley.

For the ducati owners, does the heat become pleasant in the early/late season?
My Multistrada doesn't kick off heat anywhere other than off the cat (felt by the right ankle at lower speeds) which is an easy fix. You'll find no MTS owners complaining of engine emitting heat.
The KTM Adventure on the other hand, you'll feel that heat by the tank/seat all the time and there's not much you can do about that. You'll find LOTS of KTM Adventure riders complaining of rear cylinder heat.

Back
Top Bottom