Best sport touring bikes for long distance | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best sport touring bikes for long distance

Yes sir. The tires are from 2007 and hard as hockey pucks, but I have a new set of Road 5's waiting to go on.
2022030818541149--3827303118150751118-IMG_7668-4K.jpg

Nice bike, Shane!

Everyone's getting new rides for '22!

What a satisfying conclusion to this thread!

Funny how the FZ wasn't even on your short list in the first post.
Yeah that was kinda weird.
I really knew nothing about them and only started looking at them because I saw a 2009 model posted for sale and I liked how it looked. When I started reading more about them, the general consensus was that the 1st gen models were better for sport touring and the 2nd gen models were better for sport touring. It's also a complete departure from my earlier wishes for getting the latest new tech on a bike but this is a very different ride than what I have ever been on.

Shane, the Gen 1 is a great bike, really enjoyed my 2002. Sold it in 2011.

They have a very active FZ1 forum and the hope was that that a more touring focused Gen 3 would be developed but the MT 10 was not what most wanted.

C9BAC859-82FE-43B5-9108-E1CE0D186142.jpeg

Last edited:
Shane, the Gen 1 is a great bike, really enjoyed my 2002. Sold it in 2011.

They have a very active FZ1 forum and the hope was that that a more touring focused Gen 3 would be developed but the MT 10 was not what most wanted.

View attachment 53933
mt 10 is kind of weird...you can get it touring-ish with bags and a screen...but it gets poor mileage and mediocre brakes...sounds like an unfinished bike with tons of potential

Be better off to just appreciate it for what it is, a crazy fun supernaked

Yeah that was kinda weird.
I really knew nothing about them and only started looking at them because I saw a 2009 model posted for sale and I liked how it looked. When I started reading more about them, the general consensus was that the 1st gen models were better for sport touring and the 2nd gen models were better for sport touring. It's also a complete departure from my earlier wishes for getting the latest new tech on a bike but this is a very different ride than what I have ever been on.
Both gens were pretty comfy imo. In 2014 we did a 8 day down/around/back ride to the Carolinas. One of us was on a Gen2 FZ1 and he was pretty comfy.

Back
Top Bottom