Behind Big News | GTAMotorcycle.com

Behind Big News

imkruzen

[video=youtube;evkpcBPZ1R4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evkpcBPZ1R4[/video]

This just in. Tinfoil stocks are up.

Are you saying there's propaganda in war?!?! I'm shocked!

It doesn't hurt to serve up a reminder like this every now and then. A lot fewer people believed in media manipulation ten years ago than now. Some still don't believe in it. Some have never been exposed to the concept. It's not like they teach media literacy in school, or how to think for yourself for that matter.

Are you saying there's propaganda in war?!?! I'm shocked!

Hell, it came to the point of NATO bombing news agencies and their TV transmitters releasing propaganda that ran contrary to theirs, so this is about as new to me as the discovery of the Americas.

It's not like they teach media literacy in school, or how to think for yourself for that matter.

Maybe you went to the wrong school.

My calculus teacher always use to say there are many solutions to the same problem :)

Hell, it came to the point of NATO bombing news agencies and their TV transmitters releasing propaganda that ran contrary to theirs, so this is about as new to me as the discovery of the Americas.

I mean, isn't the point of war to win?? :) It ain't he-said, she-said! :)

Maybe you went to the wrong school.

My calculus teacher always use to say there are many solutions to the same problem :)

Strangely, my English teacher in high school said there was only one solution to a book and my solution was the wrong one.. :) My literature professor in university was not quite so unbending... :)

Strangely, my English teacher in high school said there was only one solution to a book and my solution was the wrong one.. :) My literature professor in university was not quite so unbending... :)

I have a strange feeling that the teachers we have as a kid influence the person we have become.

To name a few that I have had:

Spanish Teacher: I don't trust anybody, I don't even trust myself, because sometimes I do bad things.

Mechanics teacher (math): I've seen it all. I've seen men burn to death. Men's limb squeezed off. Where was their god then? (Atheist teacher referring to his former jobs in large industries)

Psychology teacher: You girlies are expensive

Chemistry teacher: Too bad too sad better luck next time (students complaining when they fail)

I'll just throw this one in.
Former boss: has a sticker on his door "Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

I mean, isn't the point of war to win?? :) It ain't he-said, she-said! :)

Might damage their credibility a tad bit when they claim they're "bringing free speech and democracy" into the country by destroying the media outlets and forcing out a democratically elected regime :cool:

It doesn't hurt to serve up a reminder like this every now and then. A lot fewer people believed in media manipulation ten years ago than now. Some still don't believe in it. Some have never been exposed to the concept. It's not like they teach media literacy in school, or how to think for yourself for that matter.

That might be because there was less media manipulation 10, 20, 30 years ago. It has been getting progressively worse to the point where you now have outlets like Fox News and Sun TV (MSNBC on the other side of the political spectrum), that are patently and obviously skewed in their reporting. Then you have the CNNs, Global Newses, and CITY TVs that manipulate based on what is the most sensational way of reporting something, for the purposes of ratings and ad revenues, and to hell with truth in reporting.

That might be because there was less media manipulation 10, 20, 30 years ago. It has been getting progressively worse to the point where you now have outlets like Fox News and Sun TV (MSNBC on the other side of the political spectrum), that are patently and obviously skewed in their reporting. Then you have the CNNs, Global Newses, and CITY TVs that manipulate based on what is the most sensational way of reporting something, for the purposes of ratings and ad revenues, and to hell with truth in reporting.

...which is why I watch/read BBC news and (to a lesser extent) CBC news.

...which is why I watch/read BBC news and (to a lesser extent) CBC news.

I've been losing faith in the CBC, lately, especially the local news. It seems to have gone down hill since they hired cast-offs, from Global and CITY TV.

and on the opposite end of the media spectrum is every crazy person has a HD video cam and a youtube account now.

I don't have a video cam and I didn't have a boobtube acct until last week

I've got a DSLR and mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, that both shoot HD video, and two Replay XD1080 sports cams.

And I rarely shoot video, except for personal use.

This just in. Tinfoil stocks are up.

you must be part of the consipracy. tinfoil hats are a bad idea. a berkeley study showed that tinfoil enhanced the waves, making it easier for the government to read your mind.
a later study showed that brillo pads were more protective.

you must be part of the consipracy. tinfoil hats are a bad idea. a berkeley study showed that tinfoil enhanced the waves, making it easier for the government to read your mind.
a later study showed that brillo pads were more protective.

I've 'erd using lead instead of tin absorb the waves better

Back
Top Bottom