Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

If your snapping pins something isn’t right , it may just be friction, how long since the bearing on the auger ends ever saw grease ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
I’ll assume that’s to me. The whole assembly was disassembled and fully greased up last year. Auger spins freely on the left without a pin, but there is something catching on the right. Probably just need a hammer.

EDIT: ESL

Last edited:
So, the tranny was still stuck in reverse last night after a good thaw so I tipped it up and pulled the belly pan off. Didn't even snap a bolt! Turns out a mouse had made a nest in there last year and the nesting material (and probably piss) had ensured there was a good layer of rust cementing the shifter to the shaft. A bit of emery cloth on the exposed shaft and some jig-a-loo on the connection and application of lateral force (stuck my 3-foot prybar in there) and it freed up. Greased it all and now it's working. Got about half the driveway done and it bunged up. Not sure if something is broken on the impeller, or it just got plugged. I'll look at it again after it all thaws out.

Next summer I'll pull the belly pan again and clean and grease everything properly, and leave the pan off until the fall so nothing nest in it again.

Yeah. Makes me feel like an idiot that I thought it might be something like a lawn tractor and needed to be thawed out.

Back
Top Bottom