BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

I think his prices are based on what he thinks he can get lol.
Interesting philosophy on chain maintenance too..glad I didn’t take his offer to fix mine

Lube with every tank of gas and after every ride in the rain. Never "clean" the chain. Using Wurth HHS2000 (Althiugh I don't think the brand used is that important.)

I worked up to it over 600,000 km of riding. This is not reading what some internet "expert" has said but real world experience.

Following Ted's chain maintenance regime my chains on my V-Stroms lasted over 80,000 km.

..Tom

F850GS - tank is 15 litres. F850GSA - 23 litres. Essentially it’s the same bike 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention that yesterday I filled my tank 3 times. I would be lubing the chain all day long instead of riding.
I’m with Tom here too but I clean my chains occasionally and get around 50k off my chains.
In fairness to the lube every tank approach, if you go out riding and do a 1000km ride, but it’s a dry day out on paved roads, just lube it before the ride and then again while it’s still warm when you get home. It’s just a guideline to remember to make sure it gets done and doing it when you fill up is a great way to not forget to do it.

If I am riding in sloppy weather or roads, then I’ll giver her a quick squirt every 400km or so.

Once a tank and after rain is a decent benchmark for a tank that lasts more than a week. If I am piling on miles (and it's not wet or incredibly dirty), I lube once a day (normally when I park for the night and the chain is still hot).

F850GS - tank is 15 litres. F850GSA - 23 litres. Essentially it’s the same bike 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention that yesterday I filled my tank 3 times. I would be lubing the chain all day long instead of riding.
It takes less than 20 seconds to lube the chain if you have a centerstand.

..Tom

I remember friends removing chain links when the chain stretched, then using a masterlink to tie it together. Cheap, effective, but completely unreliable as the chains at times would break in the middle of nowhere.

I follow a manual. It says to clean and lube chain every 600 km or after riding under a rain.
🤷‍♂️
How long do your chains last?

..Tom

I once rode to Rosey Toes, parked the bike, took the rear wheel off myself in front of the shop, rolled the wheel and tire to them and they did the replacement on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom