Assistance needed with motorcycle purchase & timing | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Assistance needed with motorcycle purchase & timing

Yes, it was chock-a-block at the forks this evening. Lovely road, just couldn't be ridden on the way it's supposed to be.
The forks is always like that. I don't understand why people go on about that road so much. Sure it's pretty and all but it's never a good time to really RIDE it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

on the weekdays its always nice, but on the warm weekends, its a zoo

The forks is always like that. I don't understand why people go on about that road so much. Sure it's pretty and all but it's never a good time to really RIDE it.
I don't think anyone really "goes on about" for the riding experience.
It's the meet up opportunity to chat with other riders, see a large range of bikes and kick back with a latte. :coffee:
And to be entirely avoided on a weekend. :eek:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really "goes on about" for the riding experience.
It's the meet up opportunity to chat with other riders, see a large range of bikes and kick back with a latte. :coffee:
And to be entirely avoided on a weekend. :eek:
Sure, many locals go there for a coffee and a chat, understand that totally.
I've met a lot of "bikers" who proclaim the forks to be among the best rides in Ontario, very scenic and twisty.
I've been, good coffee.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Congrats to kurtrules on your new bike! It looks really nice.
I've been looking for one of those too. I'm still wondering if I should choose the 650 or the 1000.
What make are your crashbars and skid plate? They look really good.

Last edited:
Good to know.
There's a dealer in Ottawa with a bike that he describes as the same as kurtrules'.
But he has pictures of a yellow one with spoked wheels.
His Kijiji ad for the same bike has a picture of a black one! WTF??

Last edited:
OEM's are still good - I had one for a long time and didn't really have any complaints.

I think I bought the SW-Motech for my next bike, because it was cheaper and I had read that it required less effort to lift the bike up on it.

I have the exact same bike and parts as kurtrules (bought 3 days after him at same place) and got the oem stand as everything I could find with respect to reviews said it was the better pick, but dont think can go wrong with either.

I would expect OEM to be the best. But expensive.
My BMW has a fold out handle to get it onto the centre stand from aside the bike. I can't imagine trying to put it on the stand while astride it. Is that what you guys do?

I always dismount the bike before putting it on the centre stand. This way I know if the ground is level and even where the stand will be making contact.
My brother has an older BMW with the fold out handle too - those bikes are pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom