Assistance needed with motorcycle purchase & timing | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Assistance needed with motorcycle purchase & timing

Finally reached back home, after a long day of riding. Felt so good to be back on the saddle after these years. I took the route suggested by Shane, with a detour to Rockland. I had hoped to get the bike registered and plated along the way at a Service Ontario. Being a Saturday, there were only a handful of ServOnt open, till 12. Rockland was a no go, due to serpentine queues, however, I did manage to get it plated at Perth, which luckily had a motorcycle plate - Something the agent told me that they're running short of at that location. Bought a few nuts and bolts to fix it, ripped the temporary transit, and I was on my way.

Apart from that, the parts I enjoyed the most were the sections from Rockland to Perth via Smith falls and the road from Peterborough to Port Perry - Amazing spread of the fall colors! And the weather was on my side today.

I did get lost a few times, owing to the lack of visible GPS and the mandate to stick to arterial roads. A few added stops to pull out Gmaps and course correction. Moreover, stop and go traffic in the GTA was a pain. The mobile mount goes on top of list of accessories.

All in all, a satisfying ride. I could have gotten it shipped here, but that defeated the motive I had, of riding it back.

Thank you so much for your support through everything guys. I would love to ride out with you folks who are in the GTA. Do keep me in the loop.

I am noticing something that is kind of freaking me out a bit. It may be normal, but I'll still ask (I have not read the manual yet)

When the Ignition is on and the kill switch is activated - the engine temp bars are full, there is a CHEC message and a red light on the dash.

When I de-activate the kill switch, everything goes back to normal - light goes away, trip meter is displayed instead of CHEC, the engine bars go back to normal (1-2 bars) and the I can start the bike as usual.

Is this expected?

yes normal.
I never really pay attention to it so I can't remember for certain, but it might also go away if the bike is in neutral and not in gear.

Awesome, congrats!
The lights on at start is normal, from what I know it's a Saftey thing. So it's clear the lights are working, and no one has blown them or tampered with disabling them. The ABS light also usually stays on till around 5kp/h

makes sense

cluster is still powered up but ECM is not
some inputs will be absent and indicate fault(s)

btw, I always use the kill switch for initial shut down as well

Awesome, congrats!
The lights on at start is normal, from what I know it's a Saftey thing. So it's clear the lights are working, and no one has blown them or tampered with disabling them. The ABS light also usually stays on till around 5kp/h

Thanks - I read about it after this. If CHEC is displayed when the kill switch is de-activate, then there's a problem and most likely the bike won't start.

At this point, Saturday looks like the better day from a weather perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous out ...summer gloves weather even early. Lots of bike and bicycles at the Forks which will be too jammed later.
Some colour left in the area
forksoct10lem.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom