Aprilia owners | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia owners

Attachments

• AF44A157-C28C-4C13-853C-5E9C1B07BD1B.png
    AF44A157-C28C-4C13-853C-5E9C1B07BD1B.png
    490.7 KB · Views: 19
Just rode the v4 tuono, haha holy **** that bike will get me into so much trouble

It goads and tempts you into going faster, rewarding you with that amazing sound…

It gets hot but not unbearable, good brakes good handling, feels stable at speed, surprisingly even with the new higher bars, your weight is leaned over all on your wrists, I imagine after an hour your wrists would hurt, leg room was fine
Clutch felt heavy, but I might be spoiled by the DCT

Don’t remember the ktm having a heavy clutch feel
Giggle city

From Italy, have amazing sound, can lead you to your death, yep, tuonos are sirens.

1685842379582.png

Had a bit of an epiphany after riding the tuono, about how crazy good the AT is...that bike can legit do it all on the street.

It can do sport, it can do tour, it can do dirt, it can putter around yonge street for 4 hours in traffic on a hot summers day with no clutch lever and 0 complaints. So comfy and so easy in all enviornments.

My left forearm was sore the next day, I suspect the aggressive forward lean and the heavy clutch on the tuono + downtown toronto traffic was responsible.

Had a bit of an epiphany after riding the tuono, about how crazy good the AT is...that bike can legit do it all on the street.

It can do sport, it can do tour, it can do dirt, it can putter around yonge street for 4 hours in traffic on a hot summers day with no clutch lever and 0 complaints. So comfy and so easy in all enviornments.

My left forearm was sore the next day, I suspect the aggressive forward lean and the heavy clutch on the tuono + downtown toronto traffic was responsible.
Sounds like you have your mind made!!

This is where I stand right now boys

The KTM ticks all the boxes, the ape tugs at my heart strings, and the PP is a unicorn, do it all bike
1685925466217.png

Last edited:
This is where I stand right now boys

The KTM ticks all the boxes, the ape tugs at my heart strings, and the PP is a unicorn, do it all bike
View attachment 61338
I vote 1 or 2. PP will be a heavy pig off road and much worse than the AT. Cool bike for sure, but it's fun to mix things up (if you can afford stupid ontario insurance times two).

I vote 1 or 2. PP will be a heavy pig off road and much worse than the AT. Cool bike for sure, but it's fun to mix things up (if you can afford stupid ontario insurance times two).
my offroading is pathetic tho, im a 90% asphalt biased rider

same thoughts as @GreyGhost
tuono if you do more highway and distance.
890r if you do more city/urban.

I'm biased to the 690/701 camp always if you want to do offroad. all ADVs are too heavy/compromised to me. (or i just suck at it)

Look into the parts' availability from KTM, 2 separate people this weekend told me that they are waiting months for parts and oil chances can be weeks waiting.

Only downside on the V4 Multi is apparently the fuel range, thirsty motor.

As I recall its the most on road sporty of the segment but the 1260 is the better all around version of the bike...obviously no V4 could be a dealbreaker.

I guess ask yourself what do you really want to do with this? If you're already getting it done with the AT then a swap to the V4 seems like the plan, if you're OK with more fuel stops. You'll gain far more sportiness on the street and still be able to tour/light offroad.

The AT covers the bases for most of my general riding needs

What I really want from the next bike is:
1. Wheelies
2. 3-4 track days a year
3. ???(light weight would be nice??)

The first 2 criteria im firm on, the 3rd im a little flexible on if the engine sounds like an aprilia v4. (I've heard the 660 also sounds good)

the pikes peak is just me reaching and trying to fulfill that ever present need to find a unicorn bike that does everything. (in this case, general riding + wheelies + track)

1. Wheelies
2. 3-4 track days a year

The first 2 criteria im firm on, the 3rd im a little flexible on if the engine sounds like an aprilia v4. (I've heard the 660 also sounds good)

the pikes peak is just me reaching and trying to fulfill that ever present need to find a unicorn bike that does everything. (in this case, general riding + wheelies + track)
Sounds like you don't want a do it all bike then.

I'd go naked segment, so you get all day comfort and bomb tracks when you feel like it.

Tuono or SF

1. Wheelies
2. 3-4 track days a year

Sounds like you don't want a do it all bike then.

I'd go naked segment, so you get all day comfort and bomb tracks when you feel like it.

Tuono or SF
dat cruise control tho

The reason I still have non supernakeds on the list is, I just feel like as fun as it is to ride a big supernaked/superbike, there is something fun about wringing a 'smaller' bikes neck and giving it a workout on the street, and actually using more of the bikes potential.
1685929346374.png

Attachments

• 1685929072885.png
    1685929072885.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom