Aprilia owners | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aprilia owners

More fun to ride a slow(er) bike fast

The old guys are getting to me.
So just buy a Grom and be done with it. :D

You'll appreciate the v4 when you get track time on it. You can save that bike for days you can get out of the city for a rip and daily the Twin?

Maybe I'll suck it up and get a cramp buster like a caveman 🤔

More fun to ride a slow(er) bike fast

The old guys are getting to me.

I'm an old guy and I despise that saying. I think people either forget or never knew the origins of it - back in the day, really fast bikes were fire breathers that didn't idle or handle slow speed well, had light switch throttles, and regularly tried to kill you. Nowadays you can get 200+HP on bikes that you can commute with. I hate the feeling of wringing out a bike to get all the power out of it and wishing it had more. So however fast I can ride a slow bike to its limit, I'd rather ride a fast bike as slow as that slow bike, and still have more power to go faster if I wanted.

Biggie was right

thenotoriousbig_momoneymoproblemseur_aove-500x396.jpg

The primary reason this list looks the way it does is because I want a bike that is:
1)Lightweight and handles well
2) Has plenty of usable power and character
3) Sounds and looks good
4) Doesnt have so much power that I end up just riding around using 30% of the bike and its potential on the street.
(as was the case with the superduke) I want to feel like Im wringing its neck and actually giving the bike a 'work out'.
(Sorry ducatistis, I like cruise control)
I totally agree with your thinking here and was just looking up reviews of the Tuono 660 yesterday and it does sound awesome and very similar to its big brother on throttle, esp with a pipe.

Too bad about the seat height for me though.

I'm an old guy and I despise that saying. I think people either forget or never knew the origins of it - back in the day, really fast bikes were fire breathers that didn't idle or handle slow speed well, had light switch throttles, and regularly tried to kill you. Nowadays you can get 200+HP on bikes that you can commute with. I hate the feeling of wringing out a bike to get all the power out of it and wishing it had more. So however fast I can ride a slow bike to its limit, I'd rather ride a fast bike as slow as that slow bike, and still have more power to go faster if I wanted.
I couldn't agree more...

Why not the new Monster btw?

Why not the new Monster btw?
no cruise control.

I aint dropping that kind of cash on a street bike without it.

They said they removed the trellis frame to stay modern, yet never put CC or fuel gauges on their bikes 🤷‍♂️

The new ones actually do have a fuel gauge (and a gear indicator too) but I hear ya.

My logic with that list was along the same lines of thinking people had back in the day, when superbikes and supersports ruled the streets...and the GSXR 750 gained popularity, it wasnt as powerful as the big liter bikes, but it was powerful enough, and a really nice balance between the power of the liter bikes and the agility/handling of the smaller 600s

a goldilocks bike, that you could probably get more out of, but not slow by any means

Reactions: LBV
Newbie here. Not nearly as knowledge with bikes as most of you here but FWIW I am seriously looking at the RS660 Extrema.

Feel it’s comes down to whether technology and raw power is your thing.

I choose the RS because of the tech it comes with and if I actually get more experience and do track days I am sure I can have fun carving the corners on a less powered bike vs top speed.

If you have time, give this video a run. It talks about RS660 but Tuono and RS is a similar bike vs Street RRR S. :)

vote for the Ape.
Echoing others, regret selling my Tuono 1100.
But the 690 SMCR is a really fun bike for my type of riding.
Too bad I couldnt keep both, but I definitely dont ride enough to justify it.

Just rode the v4 tuono, haha holy **** that bike will get me into so much trouble

It goads and tempts you into going faster, rewarding you with that amazing sound…

It gets hot but not unbearable, good brakes good handling, feels stable at speed, surprisingly even with the new higher bars, your weight is leaned over all on your wrists, I imagine after an hour your wrists would hurt, leg room was fine
Clutch felt heavy, but I might be spoiled by the DCT

Don’t remember the ktm having a heavy clutch feel

Last edited:
I've had the 17 tuono 1100 factory now for a few years. Wanted a superbike with handlebars for the street. Just love it. My 05 gsxr1000 is my track bike now. I think you can't go wrong with the Aprilia. If you want less power the 660 would be a great choice. Someone at DOCC days at Mosport last weekend had one and loved it. So far no issues with the bike. Took it to 2 wheel for the valve adjustment at 20k. Not a cheap job like $1300 with parts but better than damaging the engine. Lots of ppl track the Tuono and it is quite competent out there. The sound is awesome as long as you get the right exhaust. Akro is the way to go. Some of the others can be too loud. Good luck with your choice

Back
Top Bottom