Approximate Values of 10 Motorcycles in Average Condition and Mileage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Approximate Values of 10 Motorcycles in Average Condition and Mileage

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Hi Guys,

Would anyone have access to data that could tell me the approximate market values in Ontario for the following 10 bikes? Maybe a bluebook or something of the sort? I need this info for a project I'm working on.

• 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTK ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA LTD
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON XL1200C SPORTSTER
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL
  • 2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL
  • 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHR ROAD KING
  • 2010 HONDA GOLDWING GL1800A
  • 2010 HONDA VT750 SHADOW SPIRIT
  • 2003 HONDA VFR800F INTERCEPTOR
  • 2010 SUZUKI VZR1800 BOULEVARD M109R
  • 2007 KAWASAKI ZZ-R250 NINJA
Thanks!

You can check yourself at bluebooktrader.com. Only 4 free lookups per month though. (If you're crafty, or have at least two friends who don't live with you, you can get values for all 10 bikes today.)

buying a used bike privately, should the price be in line with trade in value, MSRP, Retail?

Any bike from the list, I'll give u 2k.... insurance companies already make enough, bloody vampires...
Hi Guys,

Would anyone have access to data that could tell me the approximate market values in Ontario for the following 10 bikes? Maybe a bluebook or something of the sort? I need this info for a project I'm working on.

• 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTK ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA LTD
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON XL1200C SPORTSTER
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL
  • 2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL
  • 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHR ROAD KING
  • 2010 HONDA GOLDWING GL1800A
  • 2010 HONDA VT750 SHADOW SPIRIT
  • 2003 HONDA VFR800F INTERCEPTOR
  • 2010 SUZUKI VZR1800 BOULEVARD M109R
  • 2007 KAWASAKI ZZ-R250 NINJA
Thanks!

Any bike from the list, I'll give u 2k.... insurance companies already make enough, bloody vampires...
i think those either just got stolen and he is trying to figure out how much to pay out,or hes trying to base insurance premiums, doubt they are going up for sale.

agreed, insurance in ontario is absolutely insane.

Nothing this guy does is in our best interest...

I wish I could get people on GTAM to do my job for me

THANK YOU, I just couldn't express it in same words as you did!

+1 for this

I have no idea where all this animosity is coming from, but VifferFun has never been anything but an ally to GTAM. It is not fair to take out your general grievances with the insurance industry on him. It particularly pisses me off to see him treated this way because of the time he has taken over the years to repeatedly explain the same concepts, in detail, of the insurance industry to people who do not understand them, the time he has spent on his insurance decision tree, and to shed light on insurance practices that are not immediately obvious.

i think those either just got stolen and he is trying to figure out how much to pay out,or hes trying to base insurance premiums, doubt they are going up for sale.

agreed, insurance in ontario is absolutely insane.

VifferFun is not an adjuster.

Harley's are easy! Worth $20, but market value is $60000 cuz some tool will pay for something new from 1950s.

I have no idea where all this animosity is coming from, but VifferFun has never been anything but an ally to GTAM. It is not fair to take out your general grievances with the insurance industry on him. It particularly pisses me off to see him treated this way because of the time he has taken over the years to repeatedly explain the same concepts, in detail, of the insurance industry to people who do not understand them, the time he has spent on his insurance decision tree, and to shed light on insurance practices that are not immediately obvious.

Couldn't agree more.

Harley's are easy! Worth $20, but market value is $60000 cuz some tool will pay for something new from 1950s.
Are you just repeating what your friends told you at your last Tim's meeting?

No one said anything bad about him really

Thank you for the kind words :)

I can understand the skepticism of the average GTAM member, so there's no hard feelings toward them . . . Ontario rates (particularly in the GTA) are high, and people feel they are being screwed. Without understanding how everything works and the reasons for the high rates, I would feel the same way in their shoes. The members who are accusing me of not doing my job or not acting in their interest probably don't spend any time in the insurance forum where more than 10,000 of my posts appear.

For the record, I have been pushing for MC rate reductions with my employer where they can be justified. I need the approximate values of those specific motorcycles so that I can recommend an improved method of rating that is more fair to everyone. I will be looking up the market values on my own, but would like an alternate source as a means of checking my work (particularly for the Harleys since I have know very little about them).

Thank you for the kind words :)
. Ontario rates (particularly in the GTA) are high, and people feel they are being screwed. ).

The screwing starts with a provincial government that does next to nothing about insurance fraud perpetrated by people that get "Crippled" in self made collisions. Seeing as we have an election coming up how about raising that subject to the MPP wannabees.

I need the approximate values of those specific motorcycles so that I can recommend an improved method of rating that is more fair to everyone.

Right.... i'm sure everyone fell for that...

And lets look it up, I use http://www.nadaguides.com (Price in USD, convert accordingly)

• 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHTK ELECTRA GLIDE ULTRA LTD = List:$20,159, Low: $11,750, Avg: $15,460
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON XL1200C SPORTSTER = List:$10,799, Low: $6,725, Avg: $8,850
  • 2010 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL = List:$18,064, Low: $10,630, Avg: $13,990
  • 2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL = List: $17,200, Low: $6,700, Avg: $8,815
  • 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHR ROAD KING= List: $18,055, Low: $8,570, Avg: $11,275
  • 2010 HONDA GOLDWING GL1800A= List: $27,999, Low: $15,845, Avg: $20,850
  • 2010 HONDA VT750 SHADOW SPIRIT= List: $7,799, Low: $4,410, Avg: $5,805
  • 2003 HONDA VFR800F INTERCEPTOR= List: $9,999, Low: $2,615, Avg: $3,440
  • 2010 SUZUKI VZR1800 BOULEVARD M109R= (not in list, used 2009) List: $13,799, Low: $7,210, Avg: $9,485
  • 2007 KAWASAKI ZZ-R250 NINJA= List: $2,999, Low: $1,730, Avg: $2,275

Last edited:
These numbers are quite low for Canada.

I would buy that 2003 VFR for $3400 sight unseen.

These numbers are quite low for Canada.

I would buy that 2003 VFR for $3400 sight unseen.

Its in USD, convert to CAD at 1USD = 1.10CAD

Example with 2004 ZX6R:
Base Price $7,999 $2,735 $3,600
Options: (change)
Exhaust-High Performance (Street) $104 $137
TOTAL PRICE: $7,999 $2,839 $3,737
CAD TOTAL: $8799 $3123 $4111
So ye, on Kijiji it goes for around $3500 to $4500, depending on condition, average worked out to $4111

Another example with KIJIJI VFR800: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...abs/589825942?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Its $4500, now i go on site, add options to it: high performance exhaust, and this what it comes to, i also select ABS model:
2003 Honda VFR800A3 Interceptor (ABS) Value
Base Price $10,999 $2,905 $3,820
Options: (change)
Exhaust-High Performance (Street) $91 $120
TOTAL PRICE: $10,999 $2,996 $3,940
CAD TOTAL: $12098.9 $3295.6 $4334

Also:
Suggested List — The manufacturer's (distributors) highest suggested list price in the U.S.A. when the unit was new. Unless indicated, the suggested list price does not include destination charges, dealer set-up, state or local taxes, license tags or insurance.

Low Retail Value — A low retail unit may have extensive wear and tear. Body parts may have dents and blemishes. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. This vehicle should be in safe running order. Low retail vehicles usually are not found on dealer lots. Low Retail is not trade-in value.

Average Retail Value — An average retail unit should be clean without obvious defects. All rubber and cables should be in good condition. The paint should match and have a good finish. All lights and switches should work properly. The mileage should be within or slightly higher than the average range. This unit should also pass any emission inspection.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom