Anyone here licensed in A/C installations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here licensed in A/C installations?

SONIC

My A/C unit is already installed and working but dont like where it's located, it's right in the middle of my backyard(builders put it in). I would like to put it on the side of my house if it's possible, so looking for an experienced or licensed installer to hook it up in it's new location and get a price.

Let me know if anyone has any contacts for this sort of thing. Thanks!

Check your bylaws before you install at the side of the house. If its too close to a neighbours property line you might end up pissing off the neighbours and asking for trouble. My neighbours is less than 4ft from my property line directly under my bedroom window. Couldn't sleep at night with it on, tried to sort it out civilly but no dice, called bylaw guy in and it was sorted, he couldn't use the ac after 11pm. That lasted 5 years and only now are we on speaking terms again.

I'm in Whitby.

Ya, it's like 4 or 5 feet between my neighbours house, so it would hang a little over their side. There's no windows on that side so i dont think noise would be an issue, and the unit's only 2 years old. its also on the side of the house that neither of use to access the backyard, just wasted space.

I'm in Whitby.

Ya, it's like 4 or 5 feet between my neighbours house, so it would hang a little over their side. There's no windows on that side so i dont think noise would be an issue, and the unit's only 2 years old. its also on the side of the house that neither of use to access the backyard, just wasted space.

How quickly you looking to get it done?

How quickly you looking to get it done?

No rush, just looking for pricing right now. I'm starting a basment reno in Septermber so thought this would be a good time to get some pricing and setup a date around that time to get it moved. The side of the house where i would like it is literally right where the furnace is, so the lines don't need to go far. I can even get the unit setup in place with wall mounts and electrical ready, i just need the A/C hook up.

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking your thread OP but this is somewhat related, anybody knows a competent company or person who could check my AC (Brampton area)? Air coming out is not cold but somewhat cool, I already replaced the filter and still the same.

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP but this is somewhat related, anybody knows a competent company or person who could check my AC (Brampton area)? Air coming out is not cold but somewhat cool, I already replaced the filter and still the same.

You probably are down on refrigrant(sp). Thats what happened to me this year.

Anyone have a good contact for R22 topup? I am getting boiling in my liquid line and ~7 degree F temp drop across the evaporator. Unit is ~10 years old and has never had any problems, house temp is fine with the way it currently operates. I know it shouldn't leak and legally, the tech much recover/vac/find leak/fill but it's working now just not optimally. For all I know, it may have been undercharged from the start and the previous owners just didn't know any better. I am trying to save money here, not have the worlds best air conditioner.

I looked into buying a manifold and doing it myself as I have a few A/C projects coming up, but each of my projects requires a different refrigerant and buying refrigerant without a licence in ontario isn't easy (and crossing the border with them is quite easy unless you get caught, then very bad).

Anyone know where I can get a contactor? None of the wolsey/nobel/ect... will sell to a non hvac contractor...

Back
Top Bottom