Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

I went out on the weekend. I regret buying a house at the top of a big hill. 3very direction is downhill on the way out and an 8% climb to get home.
If you'd bought at the bottom of the hill, you'd regret your basement being flooded out. There are pros and cons.

If you'd bought at the bottom of the hill, you'd regret your basement being flooded out. There are pros and cons.
Yeah, I was initially looking at a house that looked amazing in pictures but once I realized that it was at the bottom of the hill I started looking elsewhere. You are just asking for trouble.

Hopefully, I will spend more time on the trainer this winter so riding is less painful next year. I may build a rocker plate, but I just have a bunch of 2'x4' pieces of plywood so I need to come up with a reasonable design to use up that wood. I have a few 1 or 2" stroke pneumatic cylinders that I plan to use to lock it out to make mounting/dismounting easier.

This was the one I liked. Forest is Conservation land with quite a few mtb trails.

S4012548_2.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of picking up a used road bike, if anyone has any leads.

Used to ride XC and then trials, but embarrassingly haven't owned/ridden a decent bike of any kind in ~15 years.

Hoping to get something with mid level spec, sized for someone that's 5'10, budget is up to $1000.

I went out on the weekend. I regret buying a house at the top of a big hill. 3very direction is downhill on the way out and an 8% climb to get home.

Was that not like walking to school 10 miles up hill in bare feet and returning the same journey up hill in bare feet.

Thinking of picking up a used road bike, if anyone has any leads.

Used to ride XC and then trials, but embarrassingly haven't owned/ridden a decent bike of any kind in ~15 years.

Hoping to get something with mid level spec, sized for someone that's 5'10, budget is up to $1000.
Now that it is getting colder the used prices seem to be starting to return to pre-COVID normal. Keep an eye on Kijiji etc. and take your time. At that price point you should do very well.

Attack of the jumping Cholla!

Spending a few hours on the trainer, trying to get one day on the rollers per week.

Somewhat feels good, especially with the new centrifugal fan that prevents me from sweating abusively

Old thread revival. Picked up a fat tire bike to get some winter riding in. It’s a budget bike from Costco but it actually is pretty good.

Anyone else into fat tire bikes and ride the trails in the snow?

I like it because you can ride places you might cross country ski and you can also take trails that are not snow covered or muddy and wouldn’t normally hike through.

ef3d16d07914e293e44926e9a16fbed7.jpg

5bc12b6953d43ba44c575d5985c88f79.jpg

f1995ff8517c2f44470f67516eb4c018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I no longer ride motorcycles (in the meantime) but if it wasn't for biking this summer I don't know what I'd be doing.

1st Photo is my 30 km ride at kelso.
2nd and 3rd photo are from Hilton Falls Conservation. The second photo is a pleasant loop but the third photo is just a completely unrideable 5km double black diamond trail. for someone who loves tech that was just misery. Would be a good hike, but on a bike, it was hell.

IMG_0964.jpg
2.JPG
3.JPG

the third photo is just a completely unrideable 5km double black diamond trail. for someone who loves tech that was just misery. Would be a good hike, but on a bike, it was hell.
I've got some trails near me like that. You think it will be fun and then it just isn't. One portion is >300m of switchbacks averaging over 10% with a few fallen logs across the trail just to make sure you don't have a chance. Even pushing the bike up the hill is about all the cardio I have. Another section was 17%. Frig. Just can't do that on a mountain bike. Even on the road that would suck.

I've got some trails near me like that. You think it will be fun and then it just isn't. One portion is >300m of switchbacks averaging over 10% with a few fallen logs across the trail just to make sure you don't have a chance. Even pushing the bike up the hill is about all the cardio I have. Another section was 17%. Frig. Just can't do that on a mountain bike. Even on the road that would suck.
If you have never ridden Kelso (though I'm probably sure you have) - I'd recommend going there. Kelso Mixes the techy/rock sections perfectly. X-treem trail, Broken Spokes hell even Escarpment Traill have these rocky sections but in short bursts and are completely doable and fun. Even the punchy climbs are doable on the rocks.

(Kelso on Trailforks)

Back
Top Bottom