Anybody with a Sport-Touring Motorcycle that Tours? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody with a Sport-Touring Motorcycle that Tours?

i wear a balaclava all the time, including in the summer @ 30+c ... i wear a coolmax one that wicks the sweat away so does not make me hot ... the balaclava keeps the ear buds in when you slide your helmet on

yup me too - easier to wash than the lining - much easier to get helmet on and off.
Oxford has a very thin one. Got mine at Two Wheel in Guelph.

Pull it up if it gets chilly

Here's my 06 FZ6 touring setup for a 4000mi / 6500km 10 day trip last year. Just bought me a Busa and getting her set up for touring this year.

Screen Shot 2011-09-13 at 1.43.00 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2011-09-13 at 1.41.02 PM.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpg

Great to know, it looks like we have a really good deal here. I forgot to mention the voice over music capability, it was quite a pleasant surprise.

The only thing that would make it better is if it was stereo and worked with a cell phone. However, that's honestly too much to expect for $9 and can probably be at least partially achieved with some time/effort.

Thank you for the quick review of this unit...I've been looking for something CHEAP as my gf isn't on the bike often but when she is she'd like to communicate as we ride.

Just ordered mine this morning and looking forward to receiving it!

Last Sunday on VT 17

VT 17_20120701.jpg

I just got the 08 FZ6 a few weeks ago with the intention of touring and I've been ordering parts left right and center. the ninja 500 spent quite a bit of time on gravel and did it well but it was aging and I was starting to worry about taking it on a longer trip and having it fall apart.

The problem is the FZ6 has thus far not been as comfortable for distance -seat wise-. I was used to a corbin. 1 hour on the stock leaves me sore, I got the yamaha gel comfort seat but that was actually WORSE than stock...

The lady decided it was time for a new bike but the deal was no corbin. while I loved it, she bounced around on a hard slab of seat and hated it with a passion. I suppose I could get a corbin and swap between the seats when she rides, but then if we do a long ride together one of us would have to sit in discomfort so that's not really a solution. I also hate the look of the corbins on the FZ6. it looks like someone cut up an 80's leather sofa and glue gunned it to the bike.

I'm tearing apart the stock seat to inlay some shocktec gel but I'm open to any suggestions the touring guru's have as I know very little. I know there's beads, sheepskin etc but I don't know how effective they are or if it's worth the cost outlay.

See my post....trip to Alaska. Theres sport-touring for ya. Lived out of the back of the busa for a month. Not a single mechanical issue with the bike in over 15,000 kilometers. I am on my 3rd busa now, I buy them and mile them up. I have logged thousands of k on my busa's in PA/OH/NY/DE/NC/TN/KY/ND/WVA/VA/MN/ ect,ect and every province....except Newfoundland,sadly.

Several different sizes of Givi bags do the trick,top and side,special plate for fuel cell,combined with either my Aerostich or Oylimpia AST pants and jacket and I am good to go.

Kevin!!! Would like to see new busa in person please!

I just got the 08 FZ6 a few weeks ago with the intention of touring and I've been ordering parts left right and center. the ninja 500 spent quite a bit of time on gravel and did it well but it was aging and I was starting to worry about taking it on a longer trip and having it fall apart.

The problem is the FZ6 has thus far not been as comfortable for distance -seat wise-. I was used to a corbin. 1 hour on the stock leaves me sore, I got the yamaha gel comfort seat but that was actually WORSE than stock...

The lady decided it was time for a new bike but the deal was no corbin. while I loved it, she bounced around on a hard slab of seat and hated it with a passion. I suppose I could get a corbin and swap between the seats when she rides, but then if we do a long ride together one of us would have to sit in discomfort so that's not really a solution. I also hate the look of the corbins on the FZ6. it looks like someone cut up an 80's leather sofa and glue gunned it to the bike.

I'm tearing apart the stock seat to inlay some shocktec gel but I'm open to any suggestions the touring guru's have as I know very little. I know there's beads, sheepskin etc but I don't know how effective they are or if it's worth the cost outlay.

Congrats on the new bike

I've got a Corbin on my FZ6, works great, though I never had a huge issue with the original seat. Don't know what you're talking about as far as looks, looks similar to the original to me. Now the Top Saddlery seats are another story. To each their own of course.

Only touring related mods I've done to it have been the seat, Throttlemeister throttle lock, and Givi top case. Bike is setup perfectly for me otherwise

Not just me - nother guy here also now is hooked.
I bought it for the KLR in Aus but works a charm on the Burgman....and cheap. Now the Burgman has a Daylong so top notch seat to start but the Beadrider improved on it.

Ended up getting one for the car - those taxi drivers are on to something.
And lots of testimonials.

I got the ceramic one but only because I go to tropical Australia and wood rots quickly there.

I have corbin seat but got sore after 1 hr.What worked for me was gel seat from crappy tire strapped on the stock seat for both the blackbird and Bandit.
The gel seat usually go on sale and cheap to try.

do you mean the silicon seat that goes on sale for 9.99? I grabbed 2 of them, need to cut them down. it's not gel though. also got a grey memory foam one for 14.99 but it doesn't look easy to cut down as it has the silicon grid inserts spaced oddly.

I just ordered a 12x12" bead set. I expect my friends will joke about that one.
maybe if I just get fat and stop jogging I can get some natural padding and it would be cheaper.

When I put a sheepskin on my FZ6, I forgot that I had ever had butt pain. Did some 1100km one day and then another early start 400k the next. Then I took off the sheepskin for some twisties and my memory quickly returned!

Back
Top Bottom