Anybody tired of the Teacher's Strikes? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody tired of the Teacher's Strikes?

The teachers will keep getting paid over the extra two weeks so it is not the same as a lock-out for them...
Why not lock them out? The hiatus if for the safety of the province, bargaining is BAU. You think the teachers don't take advantage of every lever they can find? If I were Dougie I'd take the hard line and use the scheduled time off as a bargaining tool -- lock 'em out till April 15.

Will the government start asking for concessions due to the massive debt and economic downturn?

I thought I read someplace with this shutdown it goes past the allowable strike days, or shutdown days schools are allowed. So once they get back, they will not be able to have strike days anymore.

wait for the proposal to extend the school year by a few weeks and watch heads explode.

its all about the kids....

wait for the proposal to extend the school year by a few weeks and watch heads explode.

its all about the kids....
I'm still not convinced Dougie won't block the strike to save the year and let them picket all summer. After all, according to the proganda, teachers are doing a full years work already, so they might as well get their steps in instead of "working" full-time at the cottage this summer.

and OECTA reached a tentative deal on March 12, the day it was announced March break would be extended by two weeks...it has a few steps of approval to go through before the teachers take a vote on it on April 7...

But it's not about the money.

Amazing how 1% all of a sudden looks pretty damn good when the province is swirling around the rim.

Amazing how 1% all of a sudden looks pretty damn good when the province is swirling around the rim.

from what i've heard, some of the unions had already agreed to 1% back in December...it was the other items that held things up...and keep in mind, they lost 2-2.5% of their pay with their strike days...

Back
Top Bottom